• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Model Golfer

He wasn't digging the chevrons, eh?

il_570xN.333521157.jpg
He really does not like eating...hence the scowl.

To me, Holly's looks and career are a plus, but not the real story. The real story is that someone like her, who could go through life being handed things and only caring about herself and modeling decides to pick up disc golf and turn it into a passion.

I'm proud of myself for being as good as I am for playing the game less than 2 years, so for her to be playing a shorter time than that and be winning more tournaments than me is something I have to respect.

Oh and for anyone who hates on people who color coordinate. Have you been to or watched a disc golf tournament in the past year? At least 1 person in each card matches, and about 90% of the girls do. Do yourself, and the rest of the forums a favor, stop posting so much.

Oh and for anyone who hates on people who color coordinate. Have you been to or watched a disc golf tournament in the past year? At least 1 person in each card matches, and about 90% of the girls do.

All my discs are blue. You go Holly!:hfive:

Ulibarri is pretty much always color coordinated. Would you have a hard time taking him seriously?

Every sport in the world Color Coordinates! Have you seen a Uniform! :)
I think this point was so obvious, I completely failed to see it. My bad - point for Prafeston (who's user name I keep reading as Pastafarian).

I think this point was so obvious, I completely failed to see it. My bad - point for Prafeston (who's user name I keep reading as Pastafarian).

I know...it has been sitting their right in front of us for 17 pages! I just now thought of it and was like...wow...how did it take this long for that to be said!

And also the name comes from my name being Rafe Preston...emails addys always wanted me to do prafe ...that just morphed into Prafeston. Pastafarian? haha. I do have some Italian in my blood so that wouldn't be to far off! Though my real last name was changed from Pescatore...which means fisherman.

Back to your regularly scheduled thread! :)

hopefully on topic

it is impressive that Holly actually wants to play in this many tournaments and all that involves

my wife plays ultimate...and will do for hours

but she is "bored" usually by about the 6th hole of a golf round
and she will not play in tournaments because they are "too long"

although I have to say we have a young lady from Edmonton...Casey I think is her name...who might give Holly a serious challenge on the fairways and runways (she could be a model but is not as far as I know)

anyway congrats to Holly for taking up the sport, doing it in an impressive way...and that applies to any ladies who actually compete

Holly,

Good for you coming on an responding directly to the responses to the OP. Even better, you didn't just drop a snotty little brat bomb and then run away. I was hoping you would ignore what you read on FB last night about what was said on here, but this was better.

I will also reiterate what I said to you FB. Just like anywhere else there are jerks, but most of the people on here are well informed players with good opinions, not just trolls. These are also heavy purchasers of tons of plastic on a daily basis and the heart of what makes disc golf happen. $$$

What happens at tourneys and out on tour pales in comparison to the money that is generated from the thousands of people just like those on these boards. While you are a beautiful women, no doubt, you are a player first, which makes you one of us. Don't be a stranger, keep posting; when the time comes and you cut your deal, you'll have tons of real fans and support.

BTW- My daughters that play FJ4 and FJ3 love your look. (You're about to be a ROLE model too, not just a SUPER model):D

Yup ur completely right. Holly doesn't introduce people to the game when she practices her putting at runway shows. Who cares what she wears and what color bag she uses. If she keeps winning and increasing her rating as quickly as she is it definitely means that she is just out there for attention. Im so glad she is from Wisconsin and that I am too because she is around and does a lot of tourneys and when she keeps winnings them and rises up all the haters gonna hate and all us who believe in her are gonna keep holding our heads high.

Shes from Tennessee...

I followed this story from Reddit and then got back over here through Holly's Facebook. I don't post here much so maybe I'm being leveled/trolled/duped into believing Tony Ape is being serious.

No way with all the 500 cool things about this down to earth player that you feel the need to criticize her....equipment? Really? Can't be a serious post, not even my Grandmother was that negative and cynical. Why would you bash possibly the one person that could make a huge impact on this sport? For her equipment preference? Am I allowed to cuss on this forum?

I say impact because our sport only needs attention. it promotes itself but the fact is most people haven't tried playing and half the people never even heard of it. So we got a model, not just any model, but a LV model......playing our sport.....doing well.......being an quite the ambassador....and this guy TonyApe is slamming her bag and clothing. Wow.

Tony if you understand how our society works, this is the EXACT person that can get more average looking women playing. The ones you profess to want more attention focused on. What have you done towards that goal besides complain? I sent this article to my gf (way above average looking) and she suddenly wants to play this weekend and is excited about her choice of socks. I bet that fumes Mr Ape. I don't care about that. Most of us have preferences to our color of disc and even how shiny it is.....so let's not judge women who are into looking good. Because it helps our sport.

Anyway I just wanted to point out that Holly is improving at a ridiculous pace. My first tourney was a year and half ago and I still haven't won my first rec tourney. And I am an athlete who can throw a putter/Pig 370 ft. It's hard to be consistent and win tourneys. Especially Advanced div 7 months into the sport. I believe that this girl if her interest stays up has the serious potential to be one of the most famous players if not the most famous, simply because this is the type of story the media loves to cover. And if that gets more folks on the course, and causes more courses to be built....because she is goodlooking and good at discgolf....I do not see the harm.

One last thing. My gf worked for LV also. 32 now so not modeling but just getting into the sport. She is a tall blonde who looks spectacular but I promise she isn't getting an article written about her until she wins a bunch of tourneys, if ever. The article was written because she is a top level model, a great player, (especially as she is new), and a likeable person. Not because she wants to attract attention away from your average looking female golfer buddies. Haters going to hate I guess.

OK End rant. Poorly constructed and grammar/spelling unchecked but this guys response put me on "tilt". Just couldn't believe he doubled down on being a judgemental jerk to this awesome new player. She seems like a sweetheart who loves our sport as much as we do.

Good luck Holly. DFW, Texas has an awesome choice of courses. Year round play here.

Ps.

You can bet she will have some legal issues being sponsored by anyone in discgolf particularly if apparel is involved in anyway. I'm certain her modeling agency has that locked down and will charge a price that would make Innova throw up in their mouth.

BTW- My daughters that play FJ4 and FJ3 love your look. (You're about to be a ROLE model too, not just a SUPER model):D

Yeah, I told Holly on FB the same thing about my daughter. My daughter is 7 and thinks DG is only for boys. I wish we could get some legit Women's tournament locally that I could show my daughter.

Yeah, I told Holly on FB the same thing about my daughter. My daughter is 7 and thinks DG is only for boys. I wish we could get some legit Women's tournament locally that I could show my daughter.
Unfortunately the East Coast doesn't have a large tourney for women each year, but here is website for all things womens disc golf. My daughters placed 2nd and 5th in the world for the WGE.

http://www.discgolf4women.com/

all i have to say is if i had the money to change bags to coordinate i definetly would....along with matching discs as well.

i however do not have the money for that lulz

I played thru a group the Friday prior to the Greater Milwaukee Open. My eyes were drawn to this hot red head who was throwing a disc pretty darn good. The next day she was rocking an awesome outfit. Someone told me she was a model and I liked it!

Latest posts