• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Most Courses Played in a state you haven't lived

There was a point where I had more courses played in MI than in OH, where I've lived my whole life.

Currently at 23 in Michigan, 35 in Ohio, 3 courses in the other 48 :doh:

5 in Oregon.

I'm liking the "I live on the East Coast and here are my 27 West Coast courses" answers though.

I haven't hit played any state too extensively, but I can say I've attained some degree of balance in that half the courses I've played are outside the state I live in:
MI 77
OH 14
FL 10
GA 9
NC 8
MO 8
IL 7
IN 5
PA 5
KY 3
SC 3
TN 2
ON 2
WI 1
WV 1

Doubt I'll carpet bomb any individual state, but eventually, I'll probably have played the majority of courses in my home state.

Don't really mean to thread jack here, but the original question got me thinking how many of us course baggers pick up states on trips just for the sake of the states played achievement?
My response to the original question was 42 courses in KY, but I'm a little ashamed to admit that I've got 10 states with only one course played. :eek:

Ashleigh and I do that all the time, we'll detour a bit just to make sure we hit a course in a state we haven't hit yet.

Not many, but I am going to pick up a few in Nevada next week.
Looking for a tour guide in Vegas for my wife and I, Tues. - Thurs. (In the a.m.)

I live in Illinois; but I try to get to the surrounding states.

Iowa - 35
Wisconsin - 34
Indiana - 31
Minnesota - 28
Michigan - 21
Missouri - 18
Oklahoma - 18

Don't really mean to thread jack here, but the original question got me thinking how many of us course baggers pick up states on trips just for the sake of the states played achievement?
My response to the original question was 42 courses in KY, but I'm a little ashamed to admit that I've got 10 states with only one course played. :eek:

Yeah I do that too. On a trip to NW Arkansas I crossed into Oklahoma and the SE corner of Kansas [where I got to play THREE courses!] to bag those 2 states. I have only one course in Oklahoma, Louisiana, and Utah and only two or 3 in a few others.

Last edited:
Haha I feel terrible now I've played 3 in WI and 2 in KY and 1 in IL while living in GA.

I live in Cali and have played 295 courses in California alone

Next closest Arizona at 58

83 in California
35 in Oregon
26 in Ohio
Overall 22 states and 223 courses

Latest posts