• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Most Courses Played Per State?

Right now I have this drive to knock out states. April, I'll hit a course in New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, and Virginia. In May, I'm hitting Connecticut, Massachusetts, Maine, NH, and Vermont.

What, all those N.E. states and no love for Rhode Island?!? :p :D

Last edited:
So looking at courses played in total counting extinct and not the current completion totals per state because they don't tell you who has played the most. Also no way to add unlisted courses but who has played the most courses on the west coast that have been listed on DGCR and here are the top three people I found:

Totals played:

Lion 494

Valkyrie Kid 558

DiscBear 527

Who is the king of the Carolina's?

Who has the most combined for the two states?

Might need to find a new state to go after!!!

Who has the most west coast courses played? (Cali, Oregon, Washington) I don't and I'm close to 500.

That would be me I believe 209/279 current courses in N.C. and 83/120 in SC. I believe I've played the majority of 18 hole courses in both states. I believe I had the most played in both states individually at one point. Not sure if that's still the case.

Last edited:
I'm at 241 for the Carolinas - 139 of 278 for NC & 102 of 120 for SC. I suspect guys like BraveThrower and eric_vdberg are at much higher totals than that.

Eric is close and I'd imagine he will catch me soon. He's been playing a lot of courses lately
196/279 NC and 61/120 SC. I don't really go out of my way as much or have the free time to travel and play a lot of courses anymore.

That would be me I believe 209/279 current courses in N.C. and 83/120 in SC. I believe I've played the majority of 18 hole courses in both states. I believe I had the most played in both states individually at one point. Not sure if that's still the case.

Snappyfingers is the king of South Carolina. He has the most played easily in that state and most current as well. Yes Bravethrower is the king of the Carolinas by far.

This thread is so interesting.

My stats (* = states I've live in):
Alabama* 88 71.7%
Kentucky 84 65.5%
Tennessee* 95 55.6%
Indiana* 87 44.5%
Mississippi* 35 33.7%
Georgia 34 24.4%
Ohio 52 18.1%

And of course Rhode Island 1 25%

In Alabama:
wellsbranch 250 91
gmcatee 88

Did not realize wellsbranch was ahead of me. I'll have to fix that.

So what states have the most courses? I would guess Texas or Cali. I know WI has to be up there though. I would guess I'm around 75% but it seems like they keep adding more courses every year. I can't keep up. Good problem to have though.

So what states have the most courses? I would guess Texas or Cali. I know WI has to be up there though. I would guess I'm around 75% but it seems like they keep adding more courses every year. I can't keep up. Good problem to have though.

If you go to your DGCR Profile, then under your achievements click on the "% Complete" tab, it'll pull up how many courses there are by country, and there's drop down buttons for US and Canada with all their states, provinces, and territories listed individually.

Right now, Texas is in the lead with over 400 courses, followed by Wisconsin in the 340's, then California and Minnesota. I think those are the only states in the 300s.

Thanks. I had no idea you could do that. Well I'm at 71.7% for WI apparently. About what I thought I was at. I find it hard to believe there's over 100 left I haven't played lol.

Michigan is also over 300 in 5th place
TX, WI, CA, MN, MI

i was curious if CA could compete with Texas if you included extinct and private courses

if you look at the complete-o-meter
TX 460 v. CA 333

but if you do a course search and include extinct courses
TX 593 v. CA 441

i don't think either state has a huge number of unlisted private courses. certainly not like the Carolinas or the upper Midwest. i wonder if WI, MN, or MI could get close to TX if you could get accurate numbers on that

Thanks. I had no idea you could do that. Well I'm at 71.7% for WI apparently. About what I thought I was at. I find it hard to believe there's over 100 left I haven't played lol.

I once got to 12 courses on DGCR in WI that I hadn't played. I seriously took like 5 weekend roadtrips to the NW part of the state. I contacted private courses, some unlisted courses, and did everything I could to get to zero unplayed. It was impossible because many of the listed courses actually don't allow public play . . . even if you ask nicely. I did use my "search for 1000 courses played" as a way into a few properties because they thought it was cool to have someone who plays so many courses play theirs. I also promised to give design critiques and provide input to a few others.

This was around 4 or 5 years ago I believe. I am now back up to 55 unplayed including temporary and practice areas. It was a fun goal to go after but I honestly don't believe anyone will be able to get to 100% because there are always unknown private courses, private properties that don't allow the public (some listed some not), and with 10-20 courses a year (and going up I imagine) going in all over the state, it is very difficult to accomplish. You really need to be dedicated to it and the cost of travel!

I still have the whole Northwest part of the state, that's probably the majority for me. I'd like to get a trip up there in the fall if possible. You're right though, with 10 or so new ones popping up each year, in all different parts of the state, it's nearly impossible. I literally live smack dab in the middle so I got that going for me. Even 90% would be pretty awesome.

I have played All the then 6 State Disc Golf courses of South Dakota in a State Disc Golf Tournament that finished at the time in the newest State park, and have also played Tutthil park, as well as one at a School for an Ace Race near Rapid City, my local in town course that I was with my dad and brother friend when the friend and dad did most of the design, , one in Mitchel South Dakota, the one at Black Hills State, and the oldest from 1979 at Omaha park in Rapid City but back when it was still the old baskets and not the best of the old Mach III from Jakson park that I played as well, and last Angostura but before it had baskets and was using posts in 2009 that I have also played.

That makes 14 for South Dakota.

I hit 200 Texas courses. I am pretty sure that Pizza God is the only other member on here with that same amount (and no one will ever pass him)

Great job BraveThrower43! Well done! You've put in some miles to play so many NC courses.

anyone in minnesota hit them all yet in mn

(im not sure how to look this up if you can)

Snappyfingers is the king of South Carolina. He has the most played easily in that state and most current as well. Yes Bravethrower is the king of the Carolinas by far.
Personally, I think it is most fair to count only Permanent + Seasonal + Practice Areas (not Temporary) to get the number of courses in a state. Of course, any extinct courses you've bagged will add more to a person's total so that people can actually go over 100% completion. With these parameters SC has 125 courses.
DiscGolf Craig currently has 114 in SC, with 8 Extinct in his total, so 106 for current courses. So he is only 19 short of 100% for SC. That is within reach! He's rather preoccupied with more important matters for the next few months, but I'm pulling for him to reach this milestone.