• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Most Discs Lost in Shortest Time Span

i was playing with him when it occurred and loaned him some of the borrowed plastic. they weren''t all on one hole.

It's possible that he started the round with more than 17 discs and lost several prior to reaching hole 10, or that the facts have been embellished over the years to make for a better tale, according to the way the player in question relates it, he emptied his bag on hole 10.

Be that as it may, it's still probably the most competitively thrown discs lost in the shortest span of time.

I lost two discs on #2 [pond hole]at Dabney one day, because I was sure there was no way I was gonna hit the tree and careen into the water a 2nd time. :\

But I had a buddy who was playing a tourney in NC, where he crouched down to retrieve his drive from the edge of a deep lake. His heel tipped his bag up, and all 15 discs rolled out of his bag, plopped into the lake, and sank out of sight.
He finished with one driver and a putter, but the TD took pity and gave him a half-dozen new discs.
OMFG, I'd have a cow. It's one thing to throw a disc and lose it. Theoretically, we realize that risk exists on pretty much every tee shot (even if that chance is quite remote), but you like to think your discs are safe in your bag.

I remember one very windy day at Fountain Hills. There were four of us and we lost 12 discs in the water.

Back in 1996, played Triple Crown tournament at Cliff Stephens in FL. Lost my three drivers on first 5 or 6 holes. Managed to sprint over to the sales tent before next hole and buy a few more to make it through the round.

I lost the same disc three times, on consecutive throw, on the same hole. Wahoo over a pond. First, and last, times I've ever thrown one. Swam for it the first and second times. Left it the third time. Those things may float but they're also water seeking.

Back in 1996, played Triple Crown tournament at Cliff Stephens in FL. Lost my three drivers on first 5 or 6 holes. Managed to sprint over to the sales tent before next hole and buy a few more to make it through the round.

Now that's the kind of footwork a truly disc-addicted person can love. :clap: :D

I once went eleven years without losing a disc.

I lost two discs in three holes a couple of weeks ago.

I once went eleven years without losing a disc..

HOW?! I hear of a lot of discs people have had for X amount of years but the ones I throw the most seem to eventually end up somewhere never to be found :doh:

A lot of it has to do with playing new/unfamiliar courses though too.

I've lost 3 discs in under a minute. trying to prove to a friend that I could indeed make it across the pond at Ashe County Park, hole 3 pro, Jefferson, NC. I've also lost 11 discs in one October weekend, playing in the NC mountains, with foot deep leaves on the ground, throwing in 45 MPH winds. I estimate I have lost a disc a week, on average, since I started playing, April 2012.

I've lost 3 discs in under a minute. trying to prove to a friend that I could indeed make it across the pond at Ashe County Park, hole 3 pro, Jefferson, NC. I've also lost 11 discs in one October weekend, playing in the NC mountains, with foot deep leaves on the ground, throwing in 45 MPH winds. I estimate I have lost a disc a week, on average, since I started playing, April 2012.

A disc a week! And i thought disc golf was a cheap sport lol

The Oregon Disc Golf Championship* a few years ago I was playing with a 990ish player who lost 11 discs in one round.

Same tournament, I've watched people "tin-cup" on certain holes and lose as many as 5 discs on from one lie multiple times throughout the years.

We did some speculative math one year and figured that there were about 300-400 lost discs for 72 players over the course of 3 rounds.

*similar Trojan layout that is being used at Worlds

That's nuts. I bet whomever went in the lakes afterward cleaned up big time. I've never lost more than a disc or two per round, and none of them lately. In CO there are plenty of places to lose discs, but usually if you pay decent attention off the tee to where your shot goes you can find them. Lakes are the biggest problem. In a 12 year span I've probably FOUND about 2500 discs.

I once saw a guy drain 2 nice champion discs in a row into a lake on the first tee of a course. That in itself isn't astonishing, but the way he did it is. HARD L-R wind and he throws RH sidearm with a huge lake on the right. Disc never has a chance and goes 50' out. Next shot he does EXACTLY THE SAME THROW! Same exact result. Sorry, but you can't throw sidearm with trouble on the right and a hard L-R wind.

Fountain Hills of the Memorial in 2007?... Uggg. I lost my 3 most stable drivers on the first 2 holes on a windy morning. I teed very early in the morning of the Memorial and called Terry Miller over to me at hole 2. Handed him a wad of cash and told him to go buy me the most stable plastic he could find at the reseller by hole 1. He walked back with 2 Predators. I still have 1 of them somewhere. Nightmare of a round.

mqdefault.jpg

YOU LOST 4 DISCS!

We played Selah Ranch last March, stayed a week and found a bunch of discs over the course of the stay. On our last day we decided to run all the water holes with the found discs. I think we lost 11 discs that day. We also lost 6 of the discs we brought with us, so 17 lost in 5 days.

My first week of playing by myself I lost an average of a disc per day. Plenty of two and three disc lost days in there also. Lots of underbrush and playing holes where you needed to throw 250 to clear it. At that time 1f I hit 200 I was lucky.

I visited Clearwater/Tampa last summer. It was either go big or go home. I lost 3 discs in one round at Cliff Stephens, and 2 the next day at Picnic Island. Most were "water discs" for risky shots, but my stash started running pretty low. The last one I lost at Picnic Island was a Blizzard Teedevil I had found with no name. I was happy to lose that one...

Normally I choose not to tempt fate, and I certainly prefer to play courses with fewer opportunities to lose discs. On a casual round, when it's a risky shot and I'm not feeling it, I have no problem walking a hole or two.

I figured someone would have lost hundreds in a single day do to a nasty divorce at some point ��

Yeah, that pond at Ashe county is a disc eater from the pro tee.

There is only one water hole at Cedar Hills Rotary in Raleigh (#7) yet somehow managed to throw 3 discs in there in 2 rounds. Worst part is 2 of them had just been returned to me by PlasticThunder in between rounds so I threw them right back in. Doh! Luckily PT got 2 of them back for me again. Oddly enough, I have about an 95% "make it" average on that hole but when I play with Plastic Thunder it goes down to 10%. I guess i just feel more comfortable with him watching it go in than trying to tell him where it went.

Same hole (#7) last year I had 3 different people on 3 different days watch my putt from about 10' hit the center of the chains , get spit out and roll right in front of them into the pond.

So, you made it on your fourth shot, no?

What a beautiful hole! Not too tough to go shorter and left, then layup for a 3. Clear the lake, pass the basket and you're at the bottom of the dam looking at a 3. Still...that one sucks me in every time. I've left several discs in that lake.

Latest posts