• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Most essential Lat64 discs?

Can anyone comment about a comparison between a Saint and a Volt, which I already have bagged?

As for a Flow, the only thing I really have in that speed range are Wraiths, an Archon, and I guess an Avenger SS, but that's pretty different stability wise.

I do have a Trespass by the way, someone mentioned that.

The Saint will go a bit further and will be a tick more stable than the Volt. Probably some overlap there,but if you really want to get technical you could use the Saint for more wide open shots due to the glide and the Volt for more wooded shots since it's glide isn't as much and it goes about 20 to 30 ft less.

An Archon would be the closest to a Flow. The Wraith is a bit more Overstable and the Avenger SS is more of a Turnover to Roller discs,although the SS is really good at Hyzerflips.

I would probably compare a Trespass to an Innova Boss or a Discraft Nuke. They have very similar flight patterns

The Saint will go a bit further and will be a tick more stable than the Volt. Probably some overlap there,but if you really want to get technical you could use the Saint for more wide open shots due to the glide and the Volt for more wooded shots since it's glide isn't as much and it goes about 20 to 30 ft less.

An Archon would be the closest to a Flow. The Wraith is a bit more Overstable and the Avenger SS is more of a Turnover to Roller discs,although the SS is really good at Hyzerflips.

I would probably compare a Trespass to an Innova Boss or a Discraft Nuke. They have very similar flight patterns

while i agree with most of this... please keep in mind there are saints that are very understable and there are flows that are very overstable.

The first run of Opto and GL Saints get flippy quick. The most stable Saints i've found have been the GL Skulboy saints. Not sure why. The only experience i have with Volts is prerubes "disc golf is dead" volt which i haven't played with for more than a few throws. That disc is very shallow and it felt horrible in the hand to me.

And this latest batch of GL Flows are a moderately overstable, which is a very good thing!

My dad can really rip on an underworld and a saint and a rip for him is like 300 so thats what i'd suggest he also loves his trident striker and warship.

must haves...the pure is the obvious one to me. I carry a RGL and Opto for driving, a beat in zero hard for nice turnovers, and a zero hard for putting only. Love love love the pures in zero hard. The only other disc that i think is a must have for me is the max weight opto river. I can hit just about every line with that disc (as long as there isn't any winds over 15mph).

My favorite Lat disc is the Saint by far. Then comes the Core for me, but beware the older cores are inconsistent, if you find a gem Core it will never leave your bag, better buzz. Then although not Lat but Westside, the Warship is a must have, glide for days.

GL or Opto for a Flow? Leaning towards GL but interested in opinions.

I haven't personally thrown Opto, but I have 3 GL's and they are absolute money. I prefer GL for Latitude drivers and Opto for mids.

Plus a lot of the GL Flows seem to have that swirly, marbled look that people love.

What do you consider the "must have" discs from the Lat64 line up? I'm considering getting some more.

The Saint in varying weights and plastics covers so many shots for me. With my solid 285' of flat field power I don't need to throw anything faster (still do though at times :\)

Can people expand and include the other Swedish companies that use the same Latitude plastic? I would like to buy one of those misprint groups at some point, and hearing the best of All three brands would be delightful!

I use pures, rivers, saints and flows (and DD Renegades)

Pures and Rivers are the top two.

Saints, i try to get rid of them, the more i use them, the more i love them. The saint is the Comet of fairway drivers. It goes where you tell it.

Flows i just added, and while the final verdict is still out, it is a straight flying distance driver that is easy to throw, and every day i'm getting it out farther and farther.

People give Cores a bad reputation around here, but the newer runs are very reliable mid-ranges and true to the first run flight patterns that people fell in love with.

oh and for what it's worth, i prefer firebirds over xxx's.

I'm guessing you've never thrown a Comet then...?.? The Comet has NO fade...pretty sure even the "flippy" Saints have fade. If the Saint were a mid, I would compare it to a Buzzz....

I'm guessing you've never thrown a Comet then...?.? The Comet has NO fade...pretty sure even the "flippy" Saints have fade. If the Saint were a mid, I would compare it to a Buzzz....

Wow, just re-read this and it sounds horrible. I apologize for sounding/being so harsh!...Let's try this: I don't think the Saint is like the Comet because the Saint has a healthy fade while the Comet tends not to fade....

Wow, just re-read this and it sounds horrible. I apologize for sounding/being so harsh!...Let's try this: I don't think the Saint is like the Comet because the Saint has a healthy fade while the Comet tends not to fade....

he was just saying it does what you tell it, not that is does what a comet does.

I used to work at a pizza shop and one day while I was sweeping the floor my manager gives me a brand new broom and says "This is the Cadillac of brooms" I took that to mean it was fancy and kind of expensive and a whole lot nicer than the Yugo of brooms. I did not think that he meant it was exactly the same as a Cadillac.

Some say I'm a Lat64 "fanboy" ... But, the disc consistency for the large part is why I throw only that.

Here's my top five in no particular order. I won't include warp speed either

1. Dynamic Discs Classic Soft Judge
2. Westside Underworld ( Tp & VIP )
3. Westside Stag ( Tp & VIP )
4. Lat64 Fury ( Goldline )
5. Westside Warship ( VIP )

Keep in mind that GoldLine and Tournament plastic are a tick less stable then their Opto/VIP counterparts. And it's enough to notice

Tried out an Opto Fury today and wasn't a big fan. I'll give it some more throws tomorrow and then decide if she goes in the disc bin or in the future sale bin.

Going to try out a Saint or a Bolt so if anyone is interested in trying a Fury I'll trade for one of those to try out.

how about the most essential lat disc they need to make!!!

WE NEED SOMETHING IN BETWEEN THE XXX AND STAG!! it does not matter westside lat dd who cares, but give me a 0 hss 3 fade!!!!!! good day ( drops the mic )