• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Most Holes Played in 24 Hours

biscoe

* Ace Member *
Mike Sale just completed 2900 holes on the tiki course at Blockhouse in a 24 hour period - well documented for Guinness.

Dang kid! Nice work.

How about when will the record be broken again? It seems this record has hardly stood for a month or two in the last 5 years before somebody throws down another extremely impressive number. Seems like this one could stand for a while. Where would it happen? Seems like the tiki course is the ideal candidate, could it happen any where else? I'm guessing it stands for over 3 years, though i don't doubt plans are already in the works for another attempt...

Guinnes standards? Do they require a permanent course of 18 holes? Just curious I could set up a 3 hole triangle in my backyard and break the record

Still its very cool and just adds to the legend of the grange

Biscoe, were you there? Is 2900 the exact number?

And is there anyone who can update Mike's Facebook page for the event?

I don't know all the guiness standards - I do know it has to be a permanent course of at least 9 holes, all 9 holes (or more) must be played in full and in order.

Dan schnabel has a course 5 miles within his house that he can break it at guaranteed! I can get to it in 2 throws from my doorstep

Good for Matrix!
Guinnes standards? Do they require a permanent course of 18 holes? Just curious I could set up a 3 hole triangle in my backyard and break the record

Still its very cool and just adds to the legend of the grange
Not positive, but I'm pretty sure it must be a permanent course listed on the PDGA website (i.e. a course recognized by the sport's governing body). I'm too lazy to search for it, but I know that aspect of the record has been explained in threads for other recent record attempts.

theres hardly any merit behind this record. im surprised so many people contest it. this game is about throwing the least amount of times in a round, not playing as many holes as you can in a day. i think people see this as an easy way out and go for it on the easiest course possible. that tiki course is bs. nothing more needs to be said.

ummmm all of Guiness records are silly and trivial

i think he probably has the record for most aces in 24 hrs as well

its just funny and unique and cool, sort of like the tiki course itself

Congratulations Mike! I am glad you were successful in your record attempt. I am sure the Santa Barbara Foundation's Isla Vista Victim's fund is grateful for your efforts as well. I look forward to hearing more details.

theres hardly any merit behind this record. im surprised so many people contest it. this game is about throwing the least amount of times in a round, not playing as many holes as you can in a day. i think people see this as an easy way out and go for it on the easiest course possible. that tiki course is bs. nothing more needs to be said.

Nolan, you must be a generous, selfless person living in a selfish, greedy world and you must constantly be at a loss to understand the people in this world.

theres hardly any merit behind this record. im surprised so many people contest it. this game is about throwing the least amount of times in a round, not playing as many holes as you can in a day.
This game isn't limited to just one means by which it can be played. There's hardly any merit behind saying otherwise.

i think people see this as an easy way out and go for it on the easiest course possible. that tiki course is bs. nothing more needs to be said.
Finding the shortest possible course would be kind of key to the objective here. This is kind of why I wish Guiness would start a second record for the most distance covered.

nolangherity,

Yeah, all you have to do for this record is walk at top speed for 24 hours straight and throw a few thousand times. Contestants usually walk about 60 miles; not much to it. Oh yeah, you do have to eat too. You should try it sometime.

I invite you to try it then.

Latest posts