• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Most Hyped Discs for Every Brand

deyo7

Eagle Member
For whatever reason, I tend to want to dislike whatever the majority is pumping and fawning over. But I've come to realize that that's faulty thinking. Discs are usually hyped for a reason. Case in point, I just tried the Hex and the Glitch and they're instant likes for me-the "fan boys" seem to have been onto something. Or there's a reason the Zone is the standard for OS putters. I realize I'm blurring the lines between hyped and popular but that's what we're going for here.

So what are the most hyped (in a popular sense) discs, whether they worked for you or not, from each brand? Some companies have long history, so feel free to list 5 or more from each brand.

Most hyped discs

Discraft: Buzzz, Force, Zone, Nuke
Innova: Firebird, Destroyer, Roc3, Aviar, Leopard3
L64: Rive, Grace, Ballista Pro
Dynamic: Judge, Felon, Trespass
Prodigy: D3, D2, D1
Discmania: Tactic, DD3, FD, PD, P2
Legacy: Cannon, Rampage
Axiom: Envy, Crave, Insanity
MVP: Wave, Tesla, Octane, Photon
Infinite: Pharaoh
Kastaplast: Grym, Falk, Kaxe
Westside: Giant, King, War Horse, World

For whatever reason, I tend to want to dislike whatever the majority is pumping and fawning over. But I've come to realize that that's faulty thinking. Discs are usually hyped for a reason. Case in point, I just tried the Hex and the Glitch and they're instant likes for me-the "fan boys" seem to have been onto something. Or there's a reason the Zone is the standard for OS putters. I realize I'm blurring the lines between hyped and popular but that's what we're going for here.

So what are the most hyped (in a popular sense) discs, whether they worked for you or not, from each brand? Some companies have long history, so feel free to list 5 or more from each brand.

Usually the hype is there for a reason.

Try them out and just use whatever feels best in the hand to you and flys the way you want.

I don't like the feel of the zone, so I use a toro. If I don't like the feel of a disc I'm not interested in trying to throw it.

The Glitch cult is the most annoying, right now. Don't get me wrong...neat disc, handy for travel, fun to play catch with...but, not unique in any of that. I have watched and listened to scads of golfers preaching the glory of the Glitch. This is all I see...

Glitch gets close, but don't go in. LOL.....boy, the cult gets worked up on this.

**This is all in fun, throw what brings you joy!!

Innova: Firebird, Wraith, Destroyer
Discraft: Zone, Buzzz
Lat 64: Pure, River
DD: Judge, Justice
Westside: Harp
Kastaplast: Berg
Discmania: FD, Essence

Take out Zone/Harp and River/Essence then add an understable mid (they only get hipster hype?) and you basically have an instant bag.

Usually the hype is there for a reason.

Exactly what I'm getting at...

The Glitch cult is the most annoying, right now. Don't get me wrong...neat disc, handy for travel, fun to play catch with...but, not unique in any of that. I have watched and listened to scads of golfers preaching the glory of the Glitch. This is all I see...

Glitch gets close, but don't go in. LOL.....boy, the cult gets worked up on this.

**This is all in fun, throw what brings you joy!!

This also hits on exactly what I mean. Easy to want to fade the cult followings' selections. No disc will be for everyone but chances are it appeals to lots of people because it's a good disc (For the record, I do feel that the Glitch is unique but that's not the point here and could care less if others disagree).

Keep lists coming, cheers.

Wow. Other than the Envy and Insanity, I have the least hyped bag in exsistence! Lol.

Gateway wizard.

Which one?

Well you see (Insert 200 page coffee table book about how the 2009 hemp super stupid scrap soft version made from 33 recycled from trash can lids that held toxic gulf of Mexico red tide water for 28 weeks was the most superior blend and how they only made 117.5 of them but somehow everyone knows how awesome they were and you can only tell if you have one if it smells like asphalt and cigarette butts.)

There's a few classics as well, it's hard to know what's hyped these days but judging from BST it's not Comets.

I think the glitch is fairly unique. It is different because of its lid like characteristics in a small diameter, its light weight and impressive ability to hold a line and the fact that my young nephew or Simon Lizotte can throw it. Kind of a generational blending, the cult in itself is almost an old school revival for new players that weren't there the first time.

I just wanted to add Tbird, comet, XL

I think the glitch is fairly unique. It is different because of its lid like characteristics in a small diameter, its light weight and impressive ability to hold a line and the fact that my young nephew or Simon Lizotte can throw it. Kind of a generational blending, the cult in itself is almost an old school revival for new players that weren't there the first time.

Sounds just like a supersonic only heavier (or a sonic only lighter...).

Discraft: Buzzz, Force, Zone, Nuke
Innova: Firebird, Destroyer, Roc3, Aviar, Leopard3
L64: Rive, Grace, Ballista Pro
Dynamic: Judge, Felon, Trespass
Prodigy: D3, D2, D1
Discmania: Tactic, DD3, FD, PD, P2
Legacy: Cannon, Rampage
Axiom: Envy, Crave, Insanity
MVP: Wave, Tesla, Octane, Photon
Infinite: Pharaoh
Kastaplast: Grym, Falk, Kaxe
Westside: Giant, King, War Horse, World

• Don't really see much hype in my area for Legacy/Prodigy/Westside for how long they have been around.
  • Harp has more hype than those distance drivers from Westside
  • Kastaplast has more hype for the Berg than any other mold, Reko second
  • Wraith is more hype than R3/Aviar/L3 at this point. Probably Mako3 and RR over those others as well
  • Dynamic should have the Justice as a 'hype' disc, eMac Truth and Warden as popular molds. Trespass hasn't been really hyped anymore after the Raider came out
  • Infinite Tomb is pretty hyped, probably more than Pharaoh or any of their other offerings.
  • Add the River and Pure to the Lat64 list, Explorer/Fuse/Saint Pro all in the mix
  • MVP/Axiom/Streamline - Envy/Proxy, Crave, Hex, Glitch, Pilot
  • Discraft McBeth Zeus/Luna/Anax added to the Buzzz, Force, Zone, and Nuke
  • Discmania = any new release is hyped, popular molds are DD3, FD, MD3, MD1, P2, Rainmaker, Cloudbreaker, Razor Claw, Tactic

Some discs get hype from being super OS:
Tilt, Slab, Max, Zone OS, Justice, Juggernaut, Flare, Splice, FAF Firebird, Stego, Stilleto, Nuke OS, PD2, Whippet, Xtreme

or US:
Avenger SS, Heat, Sol, Sonic, Mamba, Uplink, Paradox

This is my favorite hype disc from each brand. Not necessarily most hyped, or my favorite but the middle ground of both. Trilogy, MVP/Axiom/Streamline ect are grouped together cause they have the same owners.

Innova: Polecat
Discraft: Buzzz
Trilogy: Justice
MVP/Axiom: Crave (proxy/envy close second)
Discmania: PD
Gateway: Wizard
RDG: Gila (long history of dgcr hype at least)
Prodigy: M4
Kastaplast: Berg
Legacy: Patriot
DGA: Quake
Trash Panda: Inner core (sure its the only one released, but it is even better than the hype)
LSD: Mad Cat
Mint: Freetail
TSA: Praxis
AGL: Cedar
Millennium: OLF (not sure if this is still hyped at all)
Infinite: Tomb
Prodiscus: Jokeri (still hyped and still underrated)
Essential: Honey (was hyped when new, very fun disc)
Clash: Soda

alright probably went overboard. It was easier to pick 1 mold per brand than I thought. Combo of hype, my preference and stand outs of the class.

Millennium: OLF (not sure if this is still hyped at all)

Not sure any Millennium disc really gets hyped on Reddit or YT. If we're looking at the past, JLS was once the most hyped disc of its day, but now 19.5 times out of 20 people are going to use the FD as the benchmark for that slot instead.

To add to the shenanigans of hype because this is a good thread and I'm a mid tier relic of disc golf.

Here's what the 2008 og hype baller bag looks like.

Star tee-Rex pop top domey with the hyphen. Mandatory hyphen, bonus points for fluorescent yellow.

Kc pro roc white only, red stamp for good run slight dome and stiff as a glass bottle 185g.

Nate doss surge, mandatory domey white or neon green and illegal 179g because nobody actually weighs discs.

Star destroyer og stamp any color illegal weight and domey.

Esp flx drone transparent blue.

X Comet preferably white but any shade of yellow or orange will work. Blue ones suck don't @me.

Champion tee bird pearly red.

Cam todd barstamp challenger white only.

Esp wasp blue or white illegal 190g.

JLS white blue or yellow. Red didn't count.

Gateway illusion baby blue pop top tupperware plastic.

Gateway spirit white ridiculously domey trash plastic.

And to top it all off in 08 if you had a beat to oblivion red pearl domey champion beast you were on you A game.

If you were a hipster you may have had an mvp vector that was a glideless meathook mid and one of those raging dimple discs for hyzer rollers.

Sir did this flat CE Valk fall out of your bag

Thanks! I bet you did not known seafoam was a CE color. Only one I have in this color and she is indeed a flatly. I would like to offer you a disc as a reward, how about an elite x comet or a Barry leopard? Got a stiletto and a hurricane in the car if you're looking for something crazy. Did you know Pearl Jam is still on tour?

Is it though? The L64 beetle kind of did this all quite a few years prior to the Glitch. Now, it's just hyped up because of Simon and the MVP cult.

The berg is one of the most annoyingly over-hyped discs ever. It's a glideless turd and for some reason people love it. Like, learn a little finesse in your game.