• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] Most overstable driver you've ever thrown

A table flat Flick. I just started laughing.

I've thrown Flicks for years, and this damn Nuke OS made them look like child's play. It was unbelievable how this thing flew (or didn't I should say). I mean, at no point in flight was the Nuke flying flat. It comes out of your hand and immediately starts crashing left.

Champ dominator and TI nuke, the most ridiculous overstable pieces of crap I've thrown. Both found and even with a FH that launches overstable drivers they just are hook machines even when anhyzered.

Agree, those both stunk. I love regular Nukes, but the TI one is way beefy.

I'll also agree on the Groove comment. Some Grooves are as overstable as anything out there.

the Stiff, FAF firebird run from like 2 years ago. Nothing like those discs. Glad I stocked up on a bunch.

I bagged a champ monster recently just to get something more overstable in my arsenal. Pre flight number, I found it in my attic. Ridiculous. I threw it once and it went nowhere.

Other than that, I have this flx predator that is probably the most overstable disc I have.

My answer to this question hasn't changed in years.

Flat Top Evo Spirit. Tried to throw a backhand roller with it, and it flexed out. Never seen anything that un-useable overstable.

Legacy Enemy. Beefier than my Star FB by a good margin. I hear the Fighter is even crazier.

I wanted to throw an enemy for a long time, then got some and was disappointed because they were so overstable that they didn't fit into what I wanted from them.

Honorable mentions - Opto XXX, Champ Max

Last edited:
Board flat RDG Raptor. Thing put my Firebirds to SHAME! It was tied with the H1/X1 for most overstable disc I down. Even my HypnoHuk Swirly PD2 (supposedly one of the most OS runs, sought after by both Eagle and Simon) doesn't fade as quick as this Raptor. My Vipers and Whippets are on par with this Raptor, just not really drivers. I have about 400' and can hardly get this Raptor halfway there. I can honestly throw a P2 or Nova as far as the thing. I'd rate it around a 9/3/0/5 and it's flat as a sheet of ice. I wish I could get more use out of it because it's such a comfortable mold, but damn... it just takes left turns like N.A.S.C.A.R.

Probably a sp Torrent. Board flat and beefy. I do stay away from high speed beef though.

Gotta be a Z Xtreme from Discraft.

I had a freak giant that was just as overstable as a nuke os.

But as far as non-outliers go....

750 h1
Stego (not a driver but by far the most os disc I've ever seen)
Nuke os.

I sometimes like a good, beefy mid. I put a L64 Pain in the bag. Great, great disc. Overstable, but still has glide and gets some distance. It booted my Z Wasp out. Wasp was a bit prone to flipping for whatever reason.

eh... my pain has a good fade but not what I would call overstable. I liked the feel of it and picked one up to see if it could replace my drone. No go, not close to a BuzzOS let alone the d
Drone.

I don't think ive ever tried to throw anything really overstable beyond speed 7 but PFN Champ Banshee I thought was super OS until I picked up a Metal Flake C-FD3. It starts turning left as soon as it leaves the hand.

Here are some molds that aren't run dependent (i.e. always overstable no matter what):

MVP Energy
MVP Phase
Axiom Thrill
Prodigy X1
Nuke OS
Innova Monster