• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Most Underrated Disc Ever!

Viking or SL - both rarely spoken of, but both are capable of big distance with impressive control, and can handle some moderate wind. I'm starting to throw forehand with my SL's as well - nice flat stable plastic.

Discraft Stratus in pro-d plastic. 300 ft tunnel shots that end to the right are no match for this disc. Can also be hyzer flipped for days!

Star Skeeter and Champ Monarch. Put a ton of muscle memory into a Lightning Texan and the Skeeter is close to the same mold. If I'm within 180', it's next to the pin, forehand or backhand no matter the angle. Did w/o a Monarch for a while, game suffered. Good for tight shots around trees.

Would try more DX plastic but home courses have gravel and asphalt on some holes, premium plastic is your friend.

The Birdie, everyone thinks it's a kids disc or starter putter... it goes straight easy to control, but I wouldn't use one. Edit: And another vote for Panther.

Last edited:
sinus, in either plastic. forget the zone and the rhyno, this disc, imo, obliterates paths and sniffs out metal like a dog sniffin' ass.

this disc does not waste your time screwing around. when you are ready to deal out heaps of beatdowns pull this baby out and get to work.

Last edited:
Innova Viper, combination of glide while being overstable. Reliable fade in the heaviest of winds. And Discraft Rattler, dead nuts straight falls with no fade. Can run at most baskets from 150 feet in without worrying to much of blowing way past the hole. A broken in Rattler will hold a short slow anhyzer. And finally short tricky downhill shots it is a must. Just do not pull that sucker out in the wind.

Discraft Rattler, dead nuts straight falls with no fade. Can run at most baskets from 150 feet in without worrying to much of blowing way past the hole. A broken in Rattler will hold a short slow anhyzer. And finally short tricky downhill shots it is a must. Just do not pull that sucker out in the wind.

this is exactly what i was going to type :thmbup:

rattler=key to destroying short woods courses.

Lots of viking love. You guys must be throwing a different viking than me, or you like REALLY understable discs. Found one the other day(champ), kinda bad shape but the rim wasn't notched or anything, just faded. The thing is so flippy, can put it almost vertical and it will become a roller.

Lots of viking love. You guys must be throwing a different viking than me, or you like REALLY understable discs. Found one the other day(champ), kinda bad shape but the rim wasn't notched or anything, just faded. The thing is so flippy, can put it almost vertical and it will become a roller.

Sounds like a bad viking or something,they are by no means crazy overstable,but a more stable valk,and in champ they should fly pretty well,or at least that's what I've heard :|

champion panther. great for wooded holes. holds any line you put it on, and i can get it to go around 330 feet on a straight anhizer. its not great in the wind, but in the woods most of the time there isnt wind.

Latest posts