• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Music on the course

There is no reason to have music on the course. I think any device that plays sounds (cell phone, speakers, earbuds, whoopee cusion) should just be banned for PDGA play. Sorry guys, it's about clean play, focus, and eliminating all distractions.

Boy, this thread turned. The Pro-Musics took an early lead, but the Anti-Musics have rallied.

Shh.
Headphones. iPhone in the front chest pocket. Keep your music within a 10 or so foot radius around your own head please.

There is no reason to have music on the course. I think any device that plays sounds (cell phone, speakers, earbuds, whoopee cusion) should just be banned for PDGA play. Sorry guys, it's about clean play, focus, and eliminating all distractions.

I'm all for ridding the course of music being played aloud, but I draw the line at banning earbuds/headphones too. I'm fine with you not wanting to hear my music while you play (I don't want to hear yours or anyone else's either). I'm not fine with you insisting that I can't hear my music while I play.

If you can't hear what's playing on my earbuds and I'm not distracted by them (I'm paying attention to other players, I'm reporting scores when asked, I'm engaging in conversations when appropriate, and otherwise acting the same as I would if I didn't have them in), then you can kindly stick your desire to ban earbuds/headphones where the sun don't shine.

And you'll have my whoopie cushion when you tear it from my cold dead hands.

I much prefer the sounds of nature to the sounds of music when on the course (or doing anything outside for leisure).

At home, on the tractor, or in the car, music all the way.

I'm all for ridding the course of music being played aloud, but I draw the line at banning earbuds/headphones too. I'm fine with you not wanting to hear my music while you play (I don't want to hear yours or anyone else's either). I'm not fine with you insisting that I can't hear my music while I play.

If you can't hear what's playing on my earbuds and I'm not distracted by them (I'm paying attention to other players, I'm reporting scores when asked, I'm engaging in conversations when appropriate, and otherwise acting the same as I would if I didn't have them in), then you can kindly stick your desire to ban earbuds/headphones where the sun don't shine.

And you'll have my whoopie cushion when you tear it from my cold dead hands.

If you actually record score and hear everything directed toward you with buds in then I say it's fine. All too often that is not the case with others.

I always ask people I am with before the round if the mind music and I never play it loud enough to hear more then 10 ft from my bag.

I went to Hoover/Brent Hambrick to play a round yesterday. I stepped out of my car and was aurally assaulted by Weezer wafting through the course at full volume. I noticed the offending sound coming from a bro and his pet hippie. I promptly got back in the car and went home.

I wear earbuds to eliminate distracting cardmates. If I like my card I'll pull one and interact. If I don't then I Barry Schultz everybody the entire round.

My policy is this...

If you're playing for fun in a casual environment, rock on. Simply ask the group your with if it's okay to put on some tunes and make sure it's a mix. Not everyone digs your style of music. If playing for money, forget it. Be courteous and let your opponents shoot without distractions!

My policy is this...

If you're playing for fun in a casual environment, rock on. Simply ask the group your with if it's okay to put on some tunes and make sure it's a mix. Not everyone digs your style of music. If playing for money, forget it. Be courteous and let your opponents shoot without distractions!

That's fine, but keep in mind that just because everyone consents, doesn't necessarily mean they like it. They may. Or they might just be polite, or tolerant.

It's funny, but I've never been in a group without music playing, and heard anyone say, "Does anyone have any music they could play? I'd like to hear some, but didn't bring any myself."

It's funny, but I've never been in a group without music playing, and heard anyone say, "Does anyone have any music they could play? I'd like to hear some, but didn't bring any myself."

Quoted for truth.

Someone asked if I minded that they play music yesterday in our tags match and I Nancy Reaganed them.

I don't mind a little casual round music, as long as it doesn't interfere with the Dio playing in my head...
"Gotta get an ace! Holy Driver!"

I was playing Chavez Ridge in L.A. last Summer and a band was doing covers from 'The Doors' over the sound system @ Dodger Stadium. It was awesome!!!
It would've sucked if it was Beiber....

What are your thoughts on people playing music on the course? I hold off on rocking speakers, but headphones are cool if playing solo. Usually it's not a big deal, but I was followed by a group blasting some awful tunes yesterday. It was probably ICP and/or Kid Rock, but I'm not 100% sure.

I hate it, I don't mind head phones, but I hate when people have a speaker. I also hate the guys who turn there music off when they putt, but turn it back on while others in the group putt.

Latest posts