• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Music while throwing?

I strongly dislike it. Even if I'm okay with the music selection. There's a time and place for that. When I'm out golfing, I like hearing the sounds of my surroundings. I don't get people that "gotta have tunes, man." It's like they want to have the same experience everywhere they go, no matter what they're doing.

Of course, I haven't listened to music even in my car in probably a decade. I guess I'm old and grumpy.

/rant

i really don't mind music on the course as long as its not death metal or country. It helps me get in the zone and stay focused. During tournaments I wear earbuds and tuck the wire in my shirt so it doesn't get in the way. I usually don't wear them until its time to throw and i keep the volume to a minimum so i don't distract others.

Gotta have music, I live and breath it pretty much all the time. I listen to everything from eminem to george straight

Assuming others want to hear your lame music is almost as bad as assuming everybody agrees with your religious and political views.

Assuming others want to hear your lame music is almost as bad as assuming everybody agrees with your religious and political views.

I thought I would agree with this post for my 500th,that way it seems like I did something intelligent.

^Thanks!

Earbuds may be annoying, but your music is far more annoying to everybody else.

Hear a lot of people on the course with music but I normally don't play with it. Usually with a few friends and we just talk.

I like to listen to music when I play. Although most people I play with don't like it.

I would never play music in a tourney. Its just rude to everyone else around.

I was using the same speakers as several other people on here, but now I'm going to move over to the earbuds, just because I'm tired of hearing them complain.

I've got a bag with speakers and I'd say I probably listen to music 90% of the time. If I end up sharing a tee with a group or letting somenoe play through, I always ask if they'd like me to turn it off while they throw. To date, I haven'y had anyone say anything besides "Crank it up!"
:)
I don't think I would play music in a tourney at all...unless it was something casual, like an ace race and I knew everyone I was playing with.

I've got a bag with speakers and I'd say I probably listen to music 90% of the time. If I end up sharing a tee with a group or letting somenoe play through, I always ask if they'd like me to turn it off while they throw. To date, I haven'y had anyone say anything besides "Crank it up!"
:)
I don't think I would play music in a tourney at all...unless it was something casual, like an ace race and I knew everyone I was playing with.

While I am opinionated on the internet, in person I would probably say something like 'no, its fine' because there is no need to create bad blood on the course; especially when pretty much everyone out there is better than you. I don't care to be 'that guy who made me turn off the music.' Would you?

So, even though they are supportive in their response, they may not actually be in reality.

I've never really heard anybody playing any tunes here, exept a couple of guys who were lugging a round a huge boom box thing. I would like it if people played good classic rock type stuff, but unfortunatly all the kids these days like rap, death metal, or crappy pop music.

I wish my life was simple enough that I had the time and energy to get as upset as some of you over such a subject. Of course some people will like listening to music and some won't, but some of these responses are hilarious. Such vitriol over such a simple thing.

I wish my life was simple enough that I had the time and energy to get as upset as some of you over such a subject. Of course some people will like listening to music and some won't, but some of these responses are hilarious. Such vitriol over such a simple thing.

So we can pretty much do as we like , good to know you can't be bothered. Seriously though it's a matter of etiquette to be quiet while people are throwing.

Last edited: