• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] Must have Legacy discs

bobmcnelly

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
I was thinking of trying out some Legacy plastics and molds. I was leaning toward a Ghost and a Patriot. I know they don't have a huge selection, but what are the must try discs from them? Are the putters anything special?

Pinnacle Ghost (gravity also)
Pinnacle Rivals are the business.
Almost any patriot.

Clutch baby, any blend.

Of what I've thrown...Patriot, Gauge, and Ghost are in my bag so I definitely recommend them. Rival and Bandit are fun to throw as well. Clutch is a pretty tasty neutral flying putter.

gravity ghost when cycled. didn't care for the icon, excel or the pinnacle.

icon patriot, flat and gummy pinnacle patriots. they are typically the lower weights.

liked the rival at first and then realized it's not as good as the teebird or the eagle. the only rivals i like to throw are the superflat snot colored ones that are OS and the lighter gummies that are similar to gstar teebirds in flight. they have a little more turn sometimes, though.

Last edited:
Icon Bandit, Pinnacle Rival, Pinnacle Patriot. Those are the ones that I would start with. I may even steer you toward a Gauge instead of a Ghost, if you are looking to try one of their midranges. However, I don't regularly bag any of their mids or putters.

I don't think Legacy has actually made a "bad" disc yet but the Patriot seems to be their best, most lauded mold in any plastic, kind of like the Pure from Lat64, except Legacy's lineup isn't complete garbage.

Last edited:
The pat is for sure their most consistent mold right now. A great disc. Rivals have been very inconsistent for me lately which is very frustrating.

Is gravity like their pro plastic?

Gravity is more like a firm JK plastic. Koda's pretty accurate with the Yeti comparison without the waxy feel (Yeti plastic has always felt like Lat's firm EZE blend to me). Protege is their KC pro plastic.

Another vote for Patriot in any plastic. Such a great mold. The 168ish gummy pinnacles are the bees knees.

Without starting a whole new thread, are the Ghost and Gauge very different. The flight charts make them look very similar, is it just a feel kinda thing?

The Gauge feels more like a Meteor/Buzzz, whereas the Ghost feels more like a Roc. I don't have a huge amount of experience with Ghosts, but...the Gauge is very neutral, even at slow speeds and mild winds, and the Ghost is definitely stable-overstable.

If you throw rollers the mongoose is the best out of the box roller i have ever used. that's what its designed for.

Patriot and Rival are a great fairway driver pair. Icon will usually be less stable version of each mold.

I use the Ghost in premium plastic for overstable slot and the gauge for neutral/straight/control shots then the gravity ghost and have it beat into a turnover disc.

The clutch is a good putter, i prefer the protege plastic because i like a stiff putter.

if you can throw 450' or more you could try the cannon or rampage, i use them for max distance and rampage on windy days.

if i could only choose 2 discs from legacy it would be:

Legend Patriot
Gravity Ghost

Without starting a whole new thread, are the Ghost and Gauge very different. The flight charts make them look very similar, is it just a feel kinda thing?

A pinnacle gauge and a gravity/excel ghost could be pretty similar in stability but the premium ghosts are a lot more stable than any gauge. A baseline ghost beats in very fast.. once it hits the slow turnover stage it seems to hold that for a long time though without changing much. the baseline ghost could overlap with a gauge a little till it beats in.

Latest posts