Must plays in new areas

Yeah that would be cool to do a full day there. I've probably got enough time for a course in Richmond and one in Williamsburg on the way to Norfolk.
If you liked Dorey Park and I did. in Williamsburg you'd really like my favorite Water Mill heavily wooded, elevation, some water in play, and death putts with all the rain we've had it will keep your feet the driest.

In the Norfolk area with the rain the past week best play availability will be Bayview, followed by Bennett's Creek in Suffolk, Munden point in Virginia Beach, and Northwest River in Chesapeake. Northwest River will be a swamp, but tighter fairways than Dorey Park. I'm staying away from there probably for at least a good month. and nine holers in the area will be Swampy.

If you liked Dorey Park and I did. in Williamsburg you'd really like my favorite Water Mill heavily wooded, elevation, some water in play, and death putts with all the rain we've had it will keep your feet the driest.

In the Norfolk area with the rain the past week best play availability will be Bayview, followed by Bennett's Creek in Suffolk, Munden point in Virginia Beach, and Northwest River in Chesapeake. Northwest River will be a swamp, but tighter fairways than Dorey Park. I'm staying away from there probably for at least a good month. and nine holers in the area will be Swampy.
Man it just dumped the rest of the time I was there. I squeezed in a little 9er in Richmond in the rain and then just dealing with downpours for two days.

Man it just dumped the rest of the time I was there. I squeezed in a little 9er in Richmond in the rain and then just dealing with downpours for two days.
It looks like you've had a reason to come into our area twice in the past couple months, if you return for a third time you really need to circle Waller Mill in Williamsburg. reading your reviews and comments over the years I think you'd really enjoy it. long to long is 9700 ft it's my favorite from Virginia Beach to Richmond, it's an hour from my home but I'm there frequently during the summer. You also might as well bag New Quarter there only like 5 miles apart. A mix of open and woods.

Reading your review on Dorey Park it sounds like there's now turf on every long tee? when I was there 3 years ago only The First long Tee had turf the rest of the tees just sucked all dirt, and I told myself if they ever have permanent concrete or turf I'd make a return trip up to Richmond to play the course. That's why my lower rating, if yes sounds like I need to make a return trip play a few rounds on longs when it's warmer and dries out. soon. If yes on the turf, I'll go ahead now and bump up my overall rating. I felt like the long layout by itself was 4 0 to 4.5 the strongest point on my review.

It looks like you've had a reason to come into our area twice in the past couple months, if you return for a third time you really need to circle Waller Mill in Williamsburg. reading your reviews and comments over the years I think you'd really enjoy it. long to long is 9700 ft it's my favorite from Virginia Beach to Richmond, it's an hour from my home but I'm there frequently during the summer. You also might as well bag New Quarter there only like 5 miles apart. A mix of open and woods.

Reading your review on Dorey Park it sounds like there's now turf on every long tee? when I was there 3 years ago only The First long Tee had turf the rest of the tees just sucked all dirt, and I told myself if they ever have permanent concrete or turf I'd make a return trip up to Richmond to play the course. That's why my lower rating, if yes sounds like I need to make a return trip play a few rounds on longs when it's warmer and dries out. soon. If yes on the turf, I'll go ahead now and bump up my overall rating. I felt like the long layout by itself was 4 0 to 4.5 the strongest point on my review.
Longs have all had turf for quite some time. They are starting to work on the shorts currently.

Agree completely on the Waller recommendation. Quite possibly the best all wooded course in VA.

Pouring in VA now as well. It has been a hateful month of rain at this point. I have had to redesign part of Hawk Hollow just to make it temporarily playable for an event next weekend.

Yes! All turf now and it was very nice even in the moderate rain I played in.

Back to Rock Hill next week! Hopefully will get a new play and I may do Winthrop again, that was very fun.

After that it's central FL and the finally a new state for me LA! Going to try to hit two courses around New Orleans.

If you'll be in Rock Hill for the weekend, I'll second (or third) the recommendations for Camp Canaan, which is only open on Sat/Sun. Two courses: Sandhills is a fun pitch and putt - it's 9 baskets with a long and a short tee for each, making 18 warm-up holes, if you have the time. If not, just play Riverbend. You will not be disappointed.
And on the way to that course, you'll pass Westminster Park on the right, not even 1/4 mile this side of Canaan's gate. Also a fun run, but much more open. No restrictions on which days of the week...
Both cost $6 for all you can play. If there's any real rain in the days leading up, and you have to choose, go with Canaan. It holds its water better.
I'd do either of these before replaying Winthrop, as iconic as it is.

I'll likely do Westminster since I won't be there over the weekend. It looked very solid.

Yeah, and depending on how fast the work is going, they've started framing and pouring concrete pads at Westminster, which will jump it up the ratings lists pretty quickly, I'd think. But aside from that, it's a fun track in a pretty spot.

Yes, Ocala Greenway is good, plus Sawmill is also good and, IMO, a little tougher.

If you are into DG history, Northside up in Gainesville is the state's oldest (and Garrett Gurthie's home course).
I really liked Ocala Greenway, almost gave it a 4. It is so close to it.

In the FL panhandle next week and the only ones I've played are the little ones around port st. Joe, so I'm looking to add 2/3 more I haven't tried.