• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Anode Putter

250'-260', little bit uphill.

Yeah, it's got me wondering if I should just go anode for drives and approach, kc aviar For putts, then just go straight to the wasp and gazelle instead of wasp and tangent.

I realized I have a total of 12 anodes today. And when Electron Anode's drop I'll be buying about 5 more. Anode is my favorite putter. 17 should be enough xD

Anode ace! :)

Oakwood, hole 12. Also skipped off the top of 6.

Totally clean the whole way, beautiful flight on the tiniest of anhyzers. Was panning to flat and canned the lower left side of chains. Never even thought about spitting through. Basket is tucked between and slightly behind two trees at the very back of the picture, well protected. Definitely the ace I'm proudest of to date.

c28c7097.jpg

IMAG0551_zps3yhtgjwy.jpg~320x480
. Sparkle soft eclipse!

:clap::hfive::clap::hfive::clap::hfive::clap::

yeah; i threw it in the field today. no real turn; can still throw these things 290-315, they just fly so far on a rope. i haven't really been getting out to toss a whole lot, but i have to be honest with myself and realize that i'm not going to be mcbeth any time soon (ever) so good enough is probably more than good enough for me. i don't need to be super picky. so, with that said . . .

i love polecats and they'll always have a special place in my heart, but probably just not my bag until we can get some premium plastic (or even better, kc pro plastic) polecats that actually are decent up in hurr. anode has the spot until they do, which they probably won't ever. :(

so for now the anode is bagged as part of my quest to simplify. i'll miss a lot of the touch i had with the polecats, though, including my super flippy one. it turned at like 80' of power; touch like no other. perfect for that "too far to putt, too close to throw" range. it was like throwing floaty little darts that sat just where i wanted them to. just can't justify it in the woods. anode can cover a fresh and slightly seasoned polecat's role, just not anywhere close to a beat one for rollers and sky turnovers, the shots that make dg a little more fun.

can't say i'm unhappy with the anode, but i'm unhappy that i need to shelve polecats. no point carrying 3 when i can carry one and be well off.

anyway. anybody else notice some soft proton that's grippy and tacky vs some that's slick? this eclipse seems slick; i know it's just proton though...

Last edited:
Soft proton tackiness has gotten better with newer runs it seems.

You need this trashed anode i have koda no joke. The thing has been through hell though its going to take serious work to get one to this spot. Honestly the MVP putter ive been wanting. It turns so late and sexy MMMM! Tore up kaposia today with it and the proxy/theory/tangent even in the winds.

been in a little putting funk lately and been thinking of putting the anodes back in. the new plasmas seem to be what ill go for as i have one that is just begging to bang chains.

stupid dgcr and bumping up the anode thread.

got out today at kaposia and decided to throw no mids whatsoever except the hornet; everything was either the anode, gazelle or the hornet.

didn't really seem to miss my workhorse mids. the anode just goes too far and i've found that returning to my old putter-mashing form is actually more consistent for my game.

going through my head, i can only think of a few holes where i'd really want a mid instead of the anode.

got out today at kaposia and decided to throw no mids whatsoever except the hornet; everything was either the anode, gazelle or the hornet.

didn't really seem to miss my workhorse mids. the anode just goes too far and i've found that returning to my old putter-mashing form is actually more consistent for my game.

going through my head, i can only think of a few holes where i'd really want a mid instead of the anode.

was doing the same at BRP the other day. :thmbup::hfive:

1.envy
2.proxy
3.ion
4.proxy
5.ion
6.ion
9.beat to $#!t anode
10. beat to $#!t anode
13.beat to $#!t anode
etc etc etc ......... MVP putters are too legit. I think i tee'd off with a putter on more than half the holes.

Last edited:

Yeah, Anode has great range, I was always surprised by the distance on standstill approach shots. It used to push my Buzzz. But I debagged it for the Proxy.

i really prefer deep mids and putters. they fit my hands better; i have issues with release angles with shallower mids and putters. plus a deeper disc makes the little nose-up upshots easier for me.

i'll probably do some more experimentation with the anode+stable/os mid instead of anode+neutral/us+stable/os mid.

really just trying to simplify for more fun; anode's been very conducive to that so far.

the shallowness of the proxy beat the anode out for putts this season. but I'm missing the easy distance the anode gave with the extra glide. for putts it hangs up in the air a tic longer than the proxy as well. I'm at a crossroads with the anode. it is still one of my favorite discs but it hasn't been bagged since the envy came out. dammit please stop posting in this thread so i can stop thinking about anodes!

People talk about the Pure's glide, but the Anode is right there, maybe better. I used to throw them together. For me it was an either or deal, the Anode was a little straighter though. Regardless of depth, the Proxy's rim configuration is so comfortable and makes for easy and clean release. And it just flies so true. Good, better, best.

I just gave up a few divers to carry one of each mvp/Axiom putter. Love me putters!

I'm curious as to what plastics people are bagging? We have the Anode in plasma, proton, eclipse, and neutron. As well as soft versions in proton and eclipse. I bag two plasmas and a soft eclipse. Soft eclipse is soooo gummy!