• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Anode Putter

Plasma Anode looks and flies awesome! I didn't do any putting with it yet but I will soon for sure! The grip is amazing on it though. I see it kicking out my Neutron Anode.

Its not. I compared it with a beat up and lighter soft proton as well as fresh and new neutron. I never have found anodes to be ANYTHING but stable and truly one of the straightest discs on the market across low and high power as well as given minor form flaws and nose/release angles.

If anything a TOUCH of extra LSS but these anodes still do not fade out.

I think it's the HSS he's referring too. Mine are more stable as well. Right away I noticed a tick more stability. The plasmas are great driving putters.

Anodes are already stupid stable though. They don't really turn at all when new and don't fade. :confused:

The plasma are great looking and feeling but by no means going to give someone a unique "anode" flight out. I never have thrown a anode that has high speed turn off the shelf from a 200-300' shot anyway.

Just got 2 plasmas in the mail. I'm happy the plastic feels more like flx to me than g*, and can barely wait for tomorrow to launch them.

I'm planning on playing the next time it reading here to test the wet grip on these.

Anodes are already stupid stable though. They don't really turn at all when new and don't fade. :confused:

I agree with Aim 100% here. I throw putters about 260-275' and a died in the wool wizard user I play with all the time didn't believe they wouldn't turn for him on 350' throws until he threw all 4 in my bag. His first their hyzered into the woods on our left because he refused to try a flat release, lol. The next three were dead straight and every bit as long as his wizards.

It is quite odd to throw a disc very hard, have it fly more or less straight for 200+ feet before it slows and still hardly fade when it does.

This is a very interesting disc.

I let my dad barrow mine when he left his bag in the wrong car and he putted far better than with his grid stamp Aviar(he's old school).

First throw with my Plasma Anode, other than a few roses during warm up, was an ace during league tonight. Green disc on hole #17, thank you St. Pat!

I'm sticking with Neutron for putting duties as I like a firm putter, but really like the Plasma for approaches and driving.

After another round with the Plasma Anode I do see some difference to Neutron, although it may be due to my grip in the softer plastic. The Plasma seems to hold anhyzers easier than Neutron and I found I could duplicate some Theory lines with this disc.

The plasma Anode will really shine in the warm weather. Right now in the upper 40s its grip is worse than Soft Proton, but I know its going to be better when it gets warmed up and tacky.

After a few hundred putts comparing...I've decided I'm sticking with the Anode for putting duties rather than the Atom. It was a tough competition. I do like the electron plastic a bit more than soft P (but I don't have grip issues with soft P) but in the end Atom just had a more pronounced fade on outer circle putts that I don't like having to adjust to, just me.

The plasma are great looking and feeling but by no means going to give someone a unique "anode" flight out. I never have thrown a anode that has high speed turn off the shelf from a 200-300' shot anyway.

No one is saying it's like a Zone bro. Just a tad more stable. I've got 4 first runs and two production runs and they don't turn as much as my soft Neutrons hence being a tick more stable.

Calling an Anode "stupid stable" would probably confuse a lot of players. I know it's the whole debate all over again, but maybe just saying it's very straight on a clean, flat throw makes more sense.

Yeah I didn't say that in the next sentence or anything.

Why not? ;)

Maybe my surprise with the true stability of my Plasma Anode came because I hadn't thrown a fresh one in a couple years. I've owned quite a few Anodes, but all discs season very quickly here in the desert and so it's been a while since I threw one without high speed turn. I still stand by the fact that's Plasma Anode does have fade even on 300' lines. Once I move over that distance though it maintains the straight stability the whole flight.

you notice plasma plastic to maybe be a touch less durable down there in the dirt? That atom you hit the ace with looks like its seasoned BEAUTIFULLY! such a cool shot to watch drop in.

The Plasma seems more durable then anything but Soft Neutron out here. Neutron and Proton have the tough stiffer rims and that's making them take a lot more damage when they hit the wrong rock at the wrong angle. I've thrown the plasma Anodes and Ions a ton off the tee in the rocks. Besides a few scuffs on the Ion they practically look unthrown.

Jonesing for Electron Anodes bad having finally felt up an atom. I am in hopeful anticipation more for this than any other release. I putt fine with the plastics the Anode already comes in, but Electron felt sooooo nice.

Anode ace! :)

Oakwood, hole 12. Also skipped off the top of 6.

Totally clean the whole way, beautiful flight on the tiniest of anhyzers. Was panning to flat and canned the lower left side of chains. Never even thought about spitting through. Basket is tucked between and slightly behind two trees at the very back of the picture, well protected. Definitely the ace I'm proudest of to date.

c28c7097.jpg

IMAG0551_zps3yhtgjwy.jpg~320x480
. Sparkle soft eclipse!

Last edited:
Also I'd forgotten how far these fly. I used a mid on only one shot the entire time. Polecats have really changed how I approach driving with mids and putters. They each have very cleanly defined roles in my full bag, but I pared down my bag to 7 discs today and the anode got thrown on holes where I'd decided usually to stop throwing putters and I'd throw mids from standstills or powered down instead. Just sails forever. I.might roll with my minimal bag from now on.

Also I'd forgotten how far these fly. I used a mid on only one shot the entire time. Polecats have really changed how I approach driving with mids and putters. They each have very cleanly defined roles in my full bag, but I pared down my bag to 7 discs today and the anode got thrown on holes where I'd decided usually to stop throwing putters and I'd throw mids from standstills or powered down instead. Just sails forever. I.might roll with my minimal bag from now on.

I only throw my mids 10-15' farther than Anodes. They do take a bit more height, but they are ridiculously long and straight flying. I stopped throwing my Roc a long time ago because of the Anode (plus I can't anny Rocs), and with speed 5 "modern" mids they are still almost as long.

Nice ace, how far was that hole?