• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] MVP Axiom

Is it too early for thread of the year! 'Twas a fun read!

Way too much hype and no delivery! So now MVP is MVP and Axiom is MVP with more color?

They should just change all the molds over to the Axiom brand and call it done...when I hear Axiom I think about crappy skate/bmx footwear. They might be out of the shoe business now...???

Now when you talk about the discs it will be, "You know its the new Axiom/brand, Envy/mold, Nutron/plastic, by MVP Disc Sports." "Yea its an Anode that is shallower and lower speed more stable putter with lots of colors!" Then the person you are telling says, "What?" followed by You saying... " Yeah, ya know...Axiom Discs by MVP Disc sports!"

I dont follow up the two brand logic with all the shared/same gyro technology. You would think that MVP would debut a non overmold disc series to possibly appeal to the regular disc crowd, made in the same plastic blends your company offers, that the common player can throw.

I read it as stable / overstable. Not overstable. Maybe that is splitting hairs though

Nah, i wanted it to be the top dog.. thanks for the reply though :)

No disrespect to MVP I have just never been a fan of their discs but I know they have fans everywhere. I don't mind supporting or helping companies grow because they help the sport that I and many others enjoy, I just can't promote their products.

Innova better stop making their overmolded discs before they get the same mindless hate MVP does.

Oh wait...

Was hoping to get some useful info here. Alas, this is DGCR, where men partake in pissing contests on the reg. On to the next fruitless thread I go.

Was hoping to get some useful info here. Alas, this is DGCR, where men partake in pissing contests on the reg. On to the next fruitless thread I go.

You should wait here and see if Aim posts again. Much more entertaining than whats on the TV right now.

:\ I feel like MVP just went to the dark side.

I liked them as a company making a solid product that I can throw well and enhance my enjoyment of disc golf.

Making basically the same discs with all different color combos feels just as cheap and gimmick like as when Innova brought out the Atlas. I understand it as a business decision though. They can almost double their product line with little additional cost. New stamp. Change colors up. Wham.

Much earlier in this thread I mentioned how the companies just have to rehash and redress their product as "new" to keep people buying the same thing but with a new look.

I used to be a huge comic book collector. This reminds me of the early 90's when every company was going crazy with multiple covers with special chrome, foil stamped...blah, blah, blah. Just give me a well designed product with a well designed look.

This is my knee jerk reaction. Who knows. Maybe these are totally new discs and will be the be all end all but honestly I feel like I just got a whole lot of sizzle and no steak.

A lot of bizarre MVP hate by Innova fan boys in here, that's kind of weird.

I like MVP a lot, but I'm not sure how these new discs will fit in the bag, I guess I'll wait for Mike C to review them. I already feel like I don't even have room for the Resistor or Servo, owning every other disc MVP has made.

I probably would have bought a distance driver from them, just to compare, but honestly I can't even properly throw my current distance drivers, anyhow.

I mean... the colors look nice, but I already have so much plastic and so much of it is MVP.

:\ I feel like MVP just went to the dark side.

I liked them as a company making a solid product that I can throw well and enhance my enjoyment of disc golf.

Making basically the same discs with all different color combos feels just as cheap and gimmick like as when Innova brought out the Atlas. I understand it as a business decision though. They can almost double their product line with little additional cost. New stamp. Change colors up. Wham. ...
I don't think MVP's going to release an Axoim Volt or an Axoim Waat which would be exactly a Volt but with a colored rim and "Axiom" stamped on the disc. I expect this to be very similar to Latitude 64 & Westside with no duplicate discs between them. I'm sure time will tell if they are going to develop one line to be more "pro" than the other or some other distinction between them.

You should wait here and see if Aim posts again. Much more entertaining than whats on the TV right now.

AIM is a MN homie so I'm not gonna say anything. I have AKIRA in the blueray right now, time for Johnson to shut off the DGCR for now.

I don't think MVP's going to release an Axoim Volt or an Axoim Waat which would be exactly a Volt but with a colored rim and "Axiom" stamped on the disc. I expect this to be very similar to Latitude 64 & Westside with no duplicate discs between them. I'm sure time will tell if they are going to develop one line to be more "pro" than the other or some other distinction between them.

I can see your point but the last thing I was hoping for was another disc golf company.

I can see your point but the last thing I was hoping for was another disc golf company.

It's a different line, not another company. You are still getting MVP discs here.

Would you still feel the same if MVP announced two new molds and the availability of colored rims, but didn't label it as a new brand? Or would that be ok?

it's a completely separate "team" according to their post, whatever that means. they really didn't explain it. MVP is making the discs, obviously, but that's the only thing we know about axiom discs as an entity itself.

Latest posts