• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Axis

yeah, that's why i stopped throwing it. i'll see if i can get you a comparison shot of it next to my orange. how used is used? i don't mind it being a bit used, my green one got field thrown a couple of days and i played one round with it.

bad luck, a high creek and fast flowing water

just realized this was the axis thread and not the MVP general thread, oops

I've had a pretty simple formula when I get new MVP discs to test. I take the 2-3 discs I receive and test them until I find a favorite (usually the least stable). I then put that favorite in the bag and start throwing the snot out of it. In practice I'll throw the disc on nearly every hole. This helps me to feel touch faster and also accelerates the break-in process. Due to this I've got both a Vector and an Axis that are considerably less stable than they were when new (I haven't been able to touch the stability of my newest Ions).

My seasoned FR Axis is probably my favorite and most thrown disc now, especially on calm days or short courses. I can now really finesse it on lines over a huge range of distances. I love the high speed turn it has developed because it can really turn laterally and glide, and it is capable of a lot of shorter that need a lot of movement.

I had a slight warp in my green first run axis (completely flat) so I let it hang out in hot water for 20 mins and laid it flat. The warp disappeared as expected, but in addition the dome popped up. I did the same thing on another axis and again, the dome popped up. Both now fly more OS.

Anyone else had these results from a hot water soak?

I felt bad about it at first, but Ive come to grips with the fact that the Axis has replaced the Buzzz for me. The Buzzz is still incredible, but the Axis just does everything for me that I could ever want. Now I need to stockpile up on them the same as I did originally with buzzzes. Maybe a Trade thread is in the near future.

I felt bad about it at first, but Ive come to grips with the fact that the Axis has replaced the Buzzz for me. The Buzzz is still incredible, but the Axis just does everything for me that I could ever want. Now I need to stockpile up on them the same as I did originally with buzzzes. Maybe a Trade thread is in the near future.

My buzzzes are gone out of the bag as well and I was a die hard fan of the buzzz. Having an orange axis that has some fade to it and a flat green axis that turns is perfect. The turn in the flat axis is more workable than the turn in a beat buzzz.

My buzzzes are gone out of the bag as well and I was a die hard fan of the buzzz. Having an orange axis that has some fade to it and a flat green axis that turns is perfect. The turn in the flat axis is more workable than the turn in a beat buzzz.

I just picked up a flat green FR today with the perfect amount of turn. Partnered with my orange FR and my two vectors of varying stability, I feel I have achieved my perfect mid arrangement.

I just picked up a flat green FR today with the perfect amount of turn. Partnered with my orange FR and my two vectors of varying stability, I feel I have achieved my perfect mid arrangement.

That's my mid setup as well. It is perfect...

That's my mid setup as well. It is perfect...

Seems like it's missing something really flippy and perhaps less nose angle sensitive. I'm still not comfortable with an all MVP midrange/putter line up because I miss my discs that are the easiest to turn over (beat Aviar/Meteor). I like to have a couple discs in my bag that I can throw on a steep hyzer and know that they will flip up past flat and ride right, even at lower power.

That's exactly why I stuck with the Fuse instead of the Axis. Axis is a nice disc, but it couldn't replace that slot at my arm speed and power.

How did you get two different types of axis? Do they sell a domey kind and a flat top?

Sorry, don't know a whole lot about the Axis, but have been hearing good things. What's the word?

Seems like it's missing something really flippy and perhaps less nose angle sensitive. I'm still not comfortable with an all MVP midrange/putter line up because I miss my discs that are the easiest to turn over (beat Aviar/Meteor). I like to have a couple discs in my bag that I can throw on a steep hyzer and know that they will flip up past flat and ride right, even at lower power.

I too carry a FR Ion that is understable with any power behind it, and I have possibly the most beat FR green/flat Axis in existence that must always be thrown with some hyzer.

I too carry a FR Ion that is understable with any power behind it, and I have possibly the most beat FR green/flat Axis in existence that must always be thrown with some hyzer.

Sorry, mine probably bests yours (also a green flat first tun). It gets used off the tee as much as 5 of my 9 holes at my home course, with several of those having asphault fairways. The extended beating in process that everyone talks about with MVP goes much quicker for me.

Sorry, mine probably bests yours (also a green flat first tun). It gets used off the tee as much as 5 of my 9 holes at my home course, with several of those having asphault fairways. The extended beating in process that everyone talks about with MVP goes much quicker for me.

So you are the only other person who knows how sweet a truly understable Axis is...Mine is pretty beat. I got it a couple weeks pre-release and it's seen a lot of pine/palm trees. I've also "accidentally" rubbed on the teepad a bit and roughed up the bottom (and smoothed it back out a little with a towel).