• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Axis

It is one of the sweetest flying pieces of plastic I've ever owned. Does things I've not been able to do with any other discs. I don't need to rub it on any teepads, because compared to the fairway the teepad may as well be a mattress.

I've gotten ahold of a flat green FR now and it's definitely a different beast than my Orange FR. Gonna have to get another for back-up. It had it's fare share of wood today, and will be getting a lot more from here on out. Hopefully I'll be able to get it to that sweet spot and take out my fuse so I can have an entirely MVP mid-putter line up.

Love my green axis. Parked it on a 220 ft gorge hole and then parked it after a crappy tee shot on a 400' approach. Its really helped me ID my OAT and when I dont oat it, its amazing to watch.

Almost lost my newly acquired green FR during glow doubles. Got icy towards the end of the round and the tape wasn't holding so strong anymore. Drove right towards a tree and the instant it hit it the light went out. Luckily only took the 8 of us about <5 minutes to find it.

I've gotten ahold of a flat green FR now and it's definitely a different beast than my Orange FR. Gonna have to get another for back-up. It had it's fare share of wood today, and will be getting a lot more from here on out. Hopefully I'll be able to get it to that sweet spot and take out my fuse so I can have an entirely MVP mid-putter line up.

I love my green FR, and I have gone to an almost all MVP putter mid setup. Still lean on my Rhyno and Wizards sometimes though. The Axis has pretty much taken my Buzzz spot, and the Vector with more practice will have taken my Cobra spot. Can't beat the lines from an Axis though, and I grab it whenever I have 200' to go no matter what the lie.

I'm currently working on beating in both my Axi but it's a SLOW process. My orange FR is still stupid stable and my green just has a slight bit of turn. Looking to get it so it can replace my Fuse so I can go to an all MVP mid/putter line-up.

ordered my green FR axis today. Hopfully it will have some turn to it. The new run axis i have is straight as an arrow, which is great but i need turn.

Played a few extremely windy holes at Axldog Acres before filming their event. Had no problem accurately throwing my Axis into a 20mph headwind. Just had to adjust the hyzer a little bit and boom. Was out driving people throwing their FBs and Preds and whatnot.

Played a few extremely windy holes at Axldog Acres before filming their event. Had no problem accurately throwing my Axis into a 20mph headwind. Just had to adjust the hyzer a little bit and boom. Was out driving people throwing their FBs and Preds and whatnot.

I imagine you caught some serious lift with that hyzer release? What was the average apex would you say?

733' hole OB left and right at about 400' out. 300' upshot with the Axis for a 3 all 3 days of the tournament. I had a lot of people asking throughout the week what I was throwing when I was putting my MVP discs out there.

I've had the Axis in strong winds, too...definitely need to hyzer it a lot and keep it nose down and low. It'll perform, but not spectacularly or with dependable accuracy and there are certainly much better choices for wind. Depends on wind direction of course, and from your off side is best.

I just don't understand making this disc (or almost any other) to be the panacea that it is being hyped as. Yes, it's a really nice disc, but it clearly has its own slot, is not a do-all by any means, and performs just as it should. ??

Gotcha. I don't have much experience with the Axis in the wind. Usually throw the Vector.
Even without wind just go with the Vector. That's such a nice disc. I wish I didn't have to loose my Wasp to give the Vector more of a chance last year.

I just don't understand making this disc (or almost any other) to be the panacea that it is being hyped as. Yes, it's a really nice disc, but it clearly has its own slot, is not a do-all by any means, and performs just as it should. ??

I am sure I will get nailed for this, but this is kind of how I feel about all MVP discs. They work well and look great, but the level of fandom on these boards has reached a hyperbolic level. MVP is like the Jeremy Lin of disc golf right now.