• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its obviously an uneducated customer buying a first run shock and not understanding the first runs had issues. Any new shocks will be beef.

Not everyone can be as sharp as you think you are or perhaps the uneducated customer did not create every 3rd post in every MVP thread. I'm enjoying my 1st run Shock, especially since I've gotten to know the disc; lots of turn, lots of fade. My fresh Neutron Volt is plenty OS for my needs.

Don't take things so personal, and im not blaming anyone, i understand everyone doesn't read up on runs of plastic before they go out and buy a disc.. its still an uneducated decision/purchase, thats for sure.

All i was saying is that its unfortunate that it happens.. your quoting me out of context by omiting the rest of what i said, but whatever.

The Shop should let people know its a first run if they know about it, in order to protect the customer.. i know i always make sure to tell people which are first runs. Ignorance is no excuse.

Last edited:
poor word choice; it's tough for a lot of people to really HEAR how something reads when they write it, and truthfully "uneducated" reeks of hauteur. unintentional, oh well. **** happens.

anybody got a beat to crap understable anode yet? i'm interested in hearing about them.

Its obviously an uneducated customer buying a first run shock and not understanding the first runs had issues. Any new shocks will be beef.

Unfortunately shops still have some first runs laying around.. too bad, because people buy a product and don't get what they expected and then never buy MVP again because of one bad experience.

I'm surprised MVP didn't recall the FR Shocks to prevent this type of thing from happening.

I play with Mr. Butlertron often and I can confirm that his Shock IS NOT A FIRST RUN SHOCK. Nor is he uneducated by any means. So OBVIOUSLY you jumped the gun on your assumption.

Andy, don't take it too seriously. They are all still cranky about the Zone laying the smack down on the Ion. :D

There is no flippy shocks besides first runs, i have received run, after run, and they are all beefy since then. I go through a lot of orders.

The only possibly way his shock is flippy is if the disc was warped or altered in some way after it was molded.

Weekly reminder that not ALL of the 1st Run Shocks were shaped like the ones that are eligible for replacement. I personally compared a good number of verified 1st Runs to 2nd Runs and some were off, but some were dead-on.

Those famed wrong-Shocks didn't match the brand's description well enough, which was the basis for many retail descriptions, and reading the description of the product OR hearing it from a shop guy is as deep as you can reasonably expect an "informed" purchase to go. That's why they're eligible for replacement, not because the whole batch was like that.

I play with Mr. Butlertron often and I can confirm that his Shock IS NOT A FIRST RUN SHOCK. Nor is he uneducated by any means. So OBVIOUSLY you jumped the gun on your assumption.

Calling someone uneducated is not intended, the most educated person in the world can still make an uneducated purchase decision. Theres no way to know every little detail.. and that's why i say its unfortunate that this happens to people unknowingly.

Sorry to hurt internet feelings. :eek:

1. Sell out of 1st Runs
2. Be completely out for a while
3. Get new ones only when 2nd Run is produced

blammo... guaranteed 1st Run free Shock stock

Im not aware of any local shop or online website (that i deal with) that has sold completely out of shocks before refilling an order, even at release.

But yea i get where your coming from, but its still not likely unless you have a cult following of MVP fanboys that buy out your supply.

I know there's discs floating around in the wrong bin sometimes also, or in the back of the shop that get put back into the box.

Bottom line, that shock is a first run or it was altered.. the only way it would be super flippy.

Last edited:
There is nothing wrong with FR shocks. They may not be as beefy as some desire, but the disc itself is not defective in any way.

They fly very little (I hesitate to say nothing) like they were supposed to fly. A Proton Volt is more overstable than an FR Shock.

They are all still cranky about the Zone laying the smack down on the Ion. :D
Funny thing is, I'd bet you an Ion or Zone (your choice) that the Ion's creators would be honored to have the Ion even discussed in a "best of the year" or compared to the goodness of Zone, Pure, etc.

Im not aware of any local shop or online website (that i deal with) that has sold completely out of shocks before refilling an order, even at release.
DN did. We sold 'em all and were out for a while, even after stocking deeeep for our custom stamp and the accompanying stock-stock. It seems like we were out for several weeks. All of our Shock items since the initial re-up have stated that our stock is 1st Run free.

Status
Not open for further replies.