• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, is anyone else finding that the tangent is replacing their axises? For me it seems to be more reliable on sweeping or big horseshoe annys but I was wondering how you guys felt?

The Tangent has all but replaced my Axis, which I thought would be impossible.

The only time I'll throw the Axis now, it if I need it to go straight and fade a bit, only at certain distances. At my home course, I just usually throw the Ion.

The Tangent has all but replaced my Axis, which I thought would be impossible.

The only time I'll throw the Axis now, it if I need it to go straight and fade a bit, only at certain distances. At my home course, I just usually throw the Ion.

The thing is if I want that buzzz flight I can hyzer flip the tangent. IDK but the axis hasn't ever really clicked for me either. It's kind of annoying as it's the only MVP disc that hasn't:thmbdown:

axis and vector were too close for me already. tangent for me could replace the axis, but i used it in a buzzz slot if at all with the axis. my beat vector does that now, so the vector tangent is around axis gonezo. the tangent looks to be giving my warships a run for their money lately in the field. not quite as long as warships, but can do annies better and seem just as easy to throw. I can say i am preferring the n tangent to the protron/eclipse. the n seem to be a tick faster and hold the lines for me better.

and throwing any disc in the rain will suck. some will suck less. i would sacrifice discs for towel space. umbrellas and towels are your friends.

your a moron..

wet Proton/Neutron is the problem, your telling me when you have a wet MVP putter than you feel confident in making your putt?

your just a hardcore fanboy.. i live in reality, and MVP needs a new plastic.

no, you are bad at disc golf. practice more.

axis and vector were too close for me already. tangent for me could replace the axis, but i used it in a buzzz slot if at all with the axis. my beat vector does that now, so the vector tangent is around axis gonezo. the tangent looks to be giving my warships a run for their money lately in the field. not quite as long as warships, but can do annies better and seem just as easy to throw. I can say i am preferring the n tangent to the protron/eclipse. the n seem to be a tick faster and hold the lines for me better.

and throwing any disc in the rain will suck. some will suck less. i would sacrifice discs for towel space. umbrellas and towels are your friends.

Yes, on everything

your a moron..

wet Proton/Neutron is the problem, your telling me when you have a wet MVP putter than you feel confident in making your putt?

your just a hardcore fanboy.. i live in reality, and MVP needs a new plastic.

Pot, meet kettle.

yeah you gotta thoroughly dry your premium plastic discs when they're wet, you also gotta put premium gas in your lamborghini. big deal.

no, you are bad at disc golf. practice more.

You dont know me, your a nobody trolling on dgcr because i said something critical about your favorite disc golf company. have you even played in a tournament before? or even when its raining for that matter?

bottom line, MVP needs a new plastic that works better when wet. This has nothing to do with my skill level, go use your logical fallacies on someone else.
\

The thing is if I want that buzzz flight I can hyzer flip the tangent. IDK but the axis hasn't ever really clicked for me either. It's kind of annoying as it's the only MVP disc that hasn't:thmbdown:

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the Axis. I just love the Tangent as much, and it can also turnover a bit if given a little anny. They are both very versatile discs, but you only have room for so many shots in your bag. I'm a minimalist, so I prefer to throw more shots, with less discs. Like I said, I'll still carry the Axis, but I barely ever throw it now. I'll also throw the Axis if I need a little more distance, since it's longer than the Tangent.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the Axis. I just love the Tangent as much, and it can also turnover a bit if given a little anny. They are both very versatile discs, but you only have room for so many shots in your bag. I'm a minimalist, so I prefer to throw more shots, with less discs. Like I said, I'll still carry the Axis, but I barely ever throw it now. I'll also throw the Axis if I need a little more distance, since it's longer than the Tangent.

this is how i feel about the axis, it stays in the bag for peace of mind and i use it in very unique circumstances, not much the tangent cant do compared with the axis other than more distance without turn.

You dont know me, your a nobody trolling on dgcr because i said something critical about your favorite disc golf company. have you even played in a tournament before? or even when its raining for that matter?

bottom line, MVP needs a new plastic that works better when wet. This has nothing to do with my skill level, go use your logical fallacies on someone else.
\

you realize i can buy whatever discs i want, right? i dont have a favorite anything, i use products that i want to use. yes my disc golf bag is full of overmolds, that i paid full price for.. im not repping mvp, why would i?

you on the other hand, are a whiner. and when you dont like something you make "bold" statements that hold no weight in the real world. you think im trolling? youre the one always posting about how bad mvp discs suck in the mvp disc thread... and the whole time you bag a ton of them. i throw mvp discs, do you see me complaining about them? if i had a problem i would throw something else.

youre wasting your time spreading your minority view. use gateway putters or something if you cant hold on to your disc or put it in the basket.

So, is anyone else finding that the tangent is replacing their axises? For me it seems to be more reliable on sweeping or big horseshoe annys but I was wondering how you guys felt?

Nah. My Eclipse Axis still gets a lot of throwing love. Hard to put her away while learning my tangents.

bottom line, MVP needs a new plastic that works better when wet.

I'm not concerned with the little spat going on above so I'm posting as if I never read any of the other responses...

This is not a bottom line issue, it is your opinion. I played with MVP in the rain yesterday. I can hit 20' putts all day in the rain with my soft Anode without even drying it. I pitch it more and spin it less. Of course I would always keep it dry (I have a towel trick where I keep it over the disc until release), but I have the confidence to make a short putt with my MVP putter even when wet. MVP drivers are just like any other premium when wet--you can't throw them. You have to keep dry at all costs.

Also this is a matter of personal preference. Some people have dry hands, oily hands, etc. Different grips are affected differently by moisture as well.

Yes. I love the Tangent. The Axis and I were much more hit or miss for some reason, but the Tangent has been money for me from the get go. I played some holes for the first time yesterday and killed them with my Tangent. I was throwing it on sweeping hyzers, dead straight shots, sweeping annies, and all kinds of stuff in between. I even got it to go out straight, break right, and then finish straight on a 340' mild downhill shot. I feel much more control over the Tangent than I had over the Axis.

I've had my Axis out for Tangents for a while now. Soon I will throw my Axis again and see how it fits into things now...I've been covering just about everything with my N Tangent, E Tangent, and Tensor. It's been super fun so far...Something about the slightly smaller diameter really appeals to me. I feel the slight loss in distance compared to the Axis/Vector, but they still go as far as I expect a midrange to go.

I prefer my Axis for understable duties and my Tangent from my straight/stable disc. I find it odd that I can have my Axis hold any Anhyzer where as my Tangent will break out of it or fight back more (RHBH)
Maybe I'm just overpowering it too much and its causing my Tangent to fail?

Threw MVP in a tournament today, it rained.. and MVP was worthless in the rain.

Yes i had a towel, yes i tried to dry them off.. it was raining hard and you couldn't keep anything dry, within the first 2 pins my towel was worthless, so i grabbed another towel, worked for another couple and it was too wet again..

i love mvp, but my god is there a major problem with them when they are wet, i felt like i had no power or control and lost all confidence with them, it was a total disaster. they are hard to keep dry and just a small amount of moisture can make it hard to handle them. i guess im not used to playing in rain when i practice so i wasn't expecting it to be so bad

im going to put some DX rocs, eagles and a wizard back into my bag and begin transitioning back to some discs i know can handle a little rain.

i thought i could go all MVP this year, but not without a different plastic.

An umbrella and birdie bag could be cheaper than a whole bag change.

Relatedly I've become put off by how much of this thread is asking for specific things from MVP. The constant quest to have the next great piece of equipment seems ingrained in golfers, of course to the manufacturers delight, but for me I'm not really worried about the next thing as of late.

I throw 90% of drives with zone, volt or shock and none of those discs can do any more for me than they already do. For me if I'm comfortable with something I almost get the opposite of the gear itch... The yawns I guess. I'd like to be impressed but it's nice to be satisfied and think "oh I didn't commit to that line enough" instead of , " damn disc is too [flippy, stable, slick, ect...]". At least at the end of the day it feels more constructive to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts