• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope the Amp isn't more stable in proton, I don't know if I have a first run amp or what but I get a slight wiggle to the right but it comes back to end about straight or slightly left. Definitely doesn't fly like its -3 hss for me. Threw a laser about 330' today pretty straight.

I'm not complaining, I love it I just always thought it should have more turn.

Are you sure your "Amp" doesn't say "Volt" on it?

That is weird. with 330' power, my Volt does exactly what you describe, and my Amp will turn over, and fight back at VERY end of its flight.

~300' the amp is not going to be very understable for most people who have thrown a true understable with similar rim size etc.

Amps were a bit more stable initially I believe than the current production runs.

Unless you are hitting 400' FOR REAL then volts won't turn much at all and amps will fly like you thought the volt would. The HSS of the volt is greater than the AMP but both need a good amount of speed to get cruising right and probably some of the "fastest" (to keep it simple) fairway drivers I have ever used and much more like a slower distance driver IMO. Amp has a unique higher LSS which seems to help pan out and land flatter than most other US discs it would be compared to.

~300' the amp is not going to be very understable for most people who have thrown a true understable with similar rim size etc.

Amps were a bit more stable initially I believe than the current production runs.

Unless you are hitting 400' FOR REAL then volts won't turn much at all and amps will fly like you thought the volt would. The HSS of the volt is greater than the AMP but both need a good amount of speed to get cruising right and probably some of the "fastest" (to keep it simple) fairway drivers I have ever used and much more like a slower distance driver IMO. Amp has a unique higher LSS which seems to help pan out and land flatter than most other US discs it would be compared to.

Good answer...I would just add that not all early Amps were extra-stable. My flippiest Amp is one of the initial testers I received. The Amp's late but noticeable fade is one of my favorite things about it. It makes me think that MVP needs a slower driver than doesn't really fade.

Good answer...I would just add that not all early Amps were extra-stable. My flippiest Amp is one of the initial testers I received. The Amp's late but noticeable fade is one of my favorite things about it. It makes me think that MVP needs a slower driver than doesn't really fade.

I feel this way too! The Amp can turn and hold a line but it likes the late fade.

If MVP could give us a speed 7 (Riverish mold) that lacks the late fade, I would be very pleased!

I feel this way too! The Amp can turn and hold a line but it likes the late fade.

If MVP could give us a speed 7 (Riverish mold) that lacks the late fade, I would be very pleased!

I kind of hope they don't, for the simple reason that my bag feels pretty stable at the moment, and this would be a great temptation. :D

I like that the Amp comes out of the turn a little at the end, this way you dont get bad rollaways.

I remember putting my amp on some nasty long turnovers and they would hit the line very well, but when they hit the ground they wouldnt always land flat and i would get a terrible rollaway that put me into the woods or far from where i landed..

The Amp is great at holding very similar lines, but pulls its ass flat at the end so it sticks. < :D

I like that the Amp comes out of the turn a little at the end, this way you dont get bad rollaways.

I remember putting my amp on some nasty long turnovers and they would hit the line very well, but when they hit the ground they wouldnt always land flat and i would get a terrible rollaway that put me into the woods or far from where i landed..

The Amp is great at holding very similar lines, but pulls its ass flat at the end so it sticks. < :D

"i remember puting my river* not the amp... wow, mistype

So, I want to flatten my Axis. If I put boiling water in it, and place it on the countertop, will it mess the countertop up?

Status
Not open for further replies.