• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
MVP DIRECTLY has never sent me a disc i was not happy with, but when i order through a 3rd party i get weird stuff all the time.. better off ordering whole sale anyways

Did you contact Disc Nation about it, or just come on here and voice your concerns? DN is one of the best - if not THE BEST - online retailers and I have no doubt they would take care of it...

Did you contact Disc Nation about it, or just come on here and voice your concerns? DN is one of the best - if not THE BEST - online retailers and I have no doubt they would take care of it...

i placed it into hot water and let it sit for 20 min, it is fine now.. just shipping warp, nothing major or permanent.

just dipping MVP in hot water seems to settle them back into original form..

on the other hand, close to boiling water works well to flatten the dome on my tangents and gives them a nice slight turn.. if anyone has extra tangents, you should try the boiling water dome flattening trick on one, works like a charm if you want it to turn

Last edited:
Do the Eclipse discs light up fairly well? I was thinking of getting one because they look so sweet. I've never used a glow disc and I think it's kind of backwards considering it would be in your bag except for the few minutes it's on the course, but damn the MVP Eclipse plastic looks so cool. I would just want to throw it around for the thrill of it :p

They light up really well and hold a fairly bright glow for a half an hour or so. I give them a real quick recharge before I throw them. If you have a dark course it is totally awesome...Like you are playing with rings. If you have a lot of light pollution, LEDs are better.

I love Eclipse discs most for finding in shaded woods. It seems even some of the brighter colors disappear in the shadows with that dark rim. It will be nice in the snow this winter though...

How 'bout some speculation on the Proton Tensor, Amp, and Shock?

I like fliptastic discs, so maybe I won't be picking up a P Amp. I'm really waiting on this one to find out how it flies from the testers.

A P Shock will probably be like a Firebird. Nice and beefy.

The P Tensor might not be much different than the N, judging how the other mids are. Less glide might make it seem a bit more overstable though.

I want a neutron and eclipse proton of each disc. That's my sweet goal

That reminds me Johnny, I will want an E Amp when they are released. I need to get an E Soft Ion, and E Tangent too, so I'll eventually be able to play glow golf and not feel like I'm missing any discs. :thmbup:

How 'bout some speculation on the Proton Tensor, Amp, and Shock?

I like fliptastic discs, so maybe I won't be picking up a P Amp. I'm really waiting on this one to find out how it flies from the testers.

I'm curious as well I would speculate an Amp in proton will start a little more stable but become more understable than a neutron one quickly and be faster. I think the P version will become the most popular.

I'm curious as well I would speculate an Amp in proton will start a little more stable but become more understable than a neutron one quickly and be faster. I think the P version will become the most popular.

I can see it being a tick more stable but I don't think it will ever beat in to be more understable than a neutron amp. I've yet to have an MVP disc that wears in that quickly.

I hope the Amp isn't more stable in proton, I don't know if I have a first run amp or what but I get a slight wiggle to the right but it comes back to end about straight or slightly left. Definitely doesn't fly like its -3 hss for me. Threw a laser about 330' today pretty straight.

I'm not complaining, I love it I just always thought it should have more turn.

I hope the Amp isn't more stable in proton, I don't know if I have a first run amp or what but I get a slight wiggle to the right but it comes back to end about straight or slightly left. Definitely doesn't fly like its -3 hss for me. Threw a laser about 330' today pretty straight.

I'm not complaining, I love it I just always thought it should have more turn.

lol, how far are you throwing it?

is it a first run?

if i throw mine past 300' it turns and doesn't come back.. mine are both new

lol, how far are you throwing it?

is it a first run?

if i throw mine past 300' it turns and doesn't come back.. mine are both new

The Amp that I have is ridiculously understable. I haven't thrown it too terribly much, so it isn't beat in hardly at all.

I'm disappointed that my local pro shop seems to have dumped MVP again. They claimed the reports weren't positive after the first time they dropped them, haven't heard why this time.

I've decided I really would like an Amp.

Usually a bit past 300, I've had it for a while so maybe it's a first run? I'm going to pick up a new one soon as I can find a light one and see if it's different. I'll probably end up keeping both in the bag anyways lol.

I bought a Volt and a Shock there a week and a half ago. Might have to go back for the Proton Volt now.

Stupid money...

I've also been meaning to make a trip out to Glide from Southeast Wisconsin. How long does it take you to get out there? I know that it's totally worth it.

I've also been meaning to make a trip out to Glide from Southeast Wisconsin. How long does it take you to get out there? I know that it's totally worth it.

I live in Mayville and work in Madison, so from home it's about an hour (which I've done on a Saturday to buy a damn disc), and about 15 minutes from where I work.

You've got an hour from Brewtown, but it IS totally worth it. Great shop and Mike (the owner) is a helluva guy. Play Hiestand Park while you're there. It's right across the street. I've yet to play it, but I hear it's great.

So any news on new Neutron Volt's? Do they fly the same or are they becoming like the Proton Volt?

Status
Not open for further replies.