• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
175g Neutron Switch:

S51I8TMl.jpg

enJnYyMl.jpg
That is really cool looking! i had to show my wife that pic- she is a big Dr. Who fan.
i prefer The Who! :)

I tried to play a round on my course but got exhausted post holing. I haven't been to the top of the course sice December :(. I did find some fairly fresh moose tracks not to far in.

Check out my poor course. :sick:
1ca9616e1420ce2910414ba86540f37e.jpg

I almost made that shot in ball golf style skimming over the snow :p

Damn you would have made that putt if you threw it upside down and skimmed it. That's some serious commitment to go out in that and try to play a round.

For real. I'd be inside watching videos ALL day if I lived there lol.

Just as a heads up, Justin over at Community discs listed a bunch of the metallic green/teal volts in case anybody wanted one but couldn't find one. 16.99 a piece. Really sweet looking discs, a great deal, and you support a really superb business.

They also posted individual pictures of all of them just because they do that sorta thing.

Attachments

• ss.jpg
    ss.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 59
^^ Not a bad deal considering the lowest I've seen those recently is $20 on eBay from GGGT plus shipping.

it says they are more "green" in person so I cant do it. neat disc like the coppers but that color has me worried too as a thrower.

it says they are more "green" in person so I cant do it. neat disc like the coppers but that color has me worried too as a thrower.

i have a copper and a "teal", i think the teal is just as easy to see as the copper. depends on the season though, in the fall the copper would be terrible blending in with leaves, at least in my region.

I want Hot Pink with the pearl/metallic effect added.. now that would be a good color :D

Thanks for the heads up. Picked up a 175. Stoked on the feel of these "experimental" neutrons!

Can someone who has thrown the metallic volts talk about the flight characteristics? I was wondering if the plastic blend effects it at all

Can someone who has thrown the metallic volts talk about the flight characteristics? I was wondering if the plastic blend effects it at all

Have not thrown mine yet, but the PLH is the same as my newer non-metallic volts so i would assume the flight would be very similar.

Just as a heads up, Justin over at Community discs listed a bunch of the metallic green/teal volts in case anybody wanted one but couldn't find one. 16.99 a piece. Really sweet looking discs, a great deal, and you support a really superb business.

They also posted individual pictures of all of them just because they do that sorta thing.

Haha, I couldn't get on here @ work yesterday, I'm assuming b/c of the new server thing.

Then I see this this morning, and "sprint" over to community, and they're gone already?

How many did he put up? Any of you clowns hording these? How bad would I get raped for one? LOL

I only bought one and I saw about 30 up ranging between 175-177. That was pretty early after they were posted.

Haha, I couldn't get on here @ work yesterday, I'm assuming b/c of the new server thing.

Then I see this this morning, and "sprint" over to community, and they're gone already?

How many did he put up? Any of you clowns hording these? How bad would I get raped for one? LOL

Mwuhahahahaha!

(Just kidding :D)

I got two - One to show and one to throw. There were prob 12-15 left by the time I got on there yesterday. Only other place I've seen them is on eBay listed by Gotta Go Gotta Throw for $20 + $3 for shipping. I imagine you could contact them directly to see what they have in stock if you didn't want to deal thru eBay. Hope that helps.

There's some discussion in MVP fan page on facebook about the plastic used in overmolds, is the material same in both Neutron and Proton discs or is it black weighted Neutron and Proton respectively? In Axiom Discs' page it says under the Proton that the overmold at least in Axiom Proton discs is Neutron: "Opaque Neon™ Neutron plastic overmold"

The polymers are the same from core to OM and its the only way to make them bond properly per MVP.

I could be wrong but believe neutron and proton are of the similar polymer blend but one gets a different coloring additive to it. Just like the OM's get the weighted additive. Then there is the soft additive as well for soft proton (LE neutron)

Its really all just one "plastic" not like a champion core and star OM kind-of thing.

Last edited:
That's what I have though also. I only carry one Proton Tangent and everything else is Neutron, but I started to wander about the durability and grip differences. If the overmold is same in both plastics, there really shouldn't be differences in durability, as it's the rim which gets most of the damage over the time. For grip, coloring additives could of course affect to that.

The polymers are the same from core to OM and its the only way to make them bond properly per MVP.

I could be wrong but believe neutron and proton are of the similar polymer blend but one gets a different coloring additive to it. Just like the OM's get the weighted additive. Then there is the soft additive as well for soft proton (LE neutron)

Its really all just one "plastic" not like a champion core and star OM kind-of thing.

I've been wondering about this. The 'metallic' blend, the thought that newer N has a more pliable feel. My thought (hope, actually) is that they're trying to differentiate N and P a little more, since early on, the only real difference between N and P was the opaque/translucent thing, for the most part, some slight feel difference maybe.

Personally, I'd love to see N become a bit less durable, i.e. more suited to seasoning/cycling not to mention grippier. Not that it needs to be DX-like, but a little less P-like.

I only bought one and I saw about 30 up ranging between 175-177. That was pretty early after they were posted.

Mwuhahahahaha!

(Just kidding :D)

I got two - One to show and one to throw. There were prob 12-15 left by the time I got on there yesterday. Only other place I've seen them is on eBay listed by Gotta Go Gotta Throw for $20 + $3 for shipping. I imagine you could contact them directly to see what they have in stock if you didn't want to deal thru eBay. Hope that helps.

Thanks for the response(s). Man, they went pretty fast. I'll keep my eyes peeled, but it sounds like the demand is there, maybe these will be "out there" for the forseeable future.

Status
Not open for further replies.