• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been trying out the Switch, Inertia, and Tesla for awhile now.. The Switch has potential, I like what I've seen but don't know if it ends up in the bag. The Inertia is $$$ at times but I am not yet consistent with it. The Tesla I am not consistent with yet either. I just don't see giving up Volt, Shock, and Amp shots for these two discs..

Can't wait to get my inertia on Monday. It is a 169. I am really hoping for a longer switch because I freaking love my switch. Still working with the volt. Forcing myself to throw it for every drive at my home course. It is growing on me. Just needs a few tree hits I think. My FR shock is my fave MVP disc by far. Beginning to think I need a couple MVP mids. Not sure what to get though. Right now I through an atlas, cro, gator. What MVP mids are comparable?

Atlas=axis/Alias
Cro=not sure. Between axis and vector maybe.
Gator=tensor. Tensor is a little more glidey than the gator.

Atlas=axis/Alias
Cro=not sure. Between axis and vector maybe.
Gator=tensor. Tensor is a little more glidey than the gator.

This is close...

Acutally the Tensor, once broken in a little, will probably be more like the Cro. I don't think there's anything in the lineup that's going to really act as angry as the Gator...maybe the Resistor, which of course isn't really a mid.

I'd compare the Atlas to a Tangent. I tested them back to back (170g Tangent vs 178 Atlas) and I found the Tangent to be more stable.

Thanks for the help guys. Just got my mail call from Qikly. Beautiful pink 169 neutron Inertia. I really dig how it sits in my hand. Gonna field test it later on, maybe throw a round with it if I am feeling up to it. Had steroid infusions over the last five days for my multiple sclerosis and today is hangover day from that. 5000 mg of steroids can mess a guy up.

I......have a problem. And I'm not referring to my inability to reconcile color coordination, mold grouping, and stability sorting in this picture. :D The only thing missing is three Soft N Ions that are currently being dyed by Goosefraba1

picture.php

I......have a problem. And I'm not referring to my inability to reconcile color coordination, mold grouping, and stability sorting in this picture. :D The only thing missing is three Soft N Ions that are currently being dyed by Goosefraba1

picture.php

You're also missing a mindwarp tensor you gave me and I'm still using almost every round!:thmbup: Thank you again for that, and that is one beautiful collection ya have there.

picture.php
And the best out of those... Flip Anode! Whip is the man! :clap:

Unfortunately, it didn't come from firsthand experience; dibbed that one. Still one of my all-time favorite discs. :thmbup:

@Brutus I actually have a day-glo orange eclipse Nano that was in my bag at the time of the picture. I thought about getting a Mike C, but the irony of me getting a "with your shirt off" disc would be a little much. Just about the one thing that I really wish I had was an uninked FR Ion. I just don't want one bad enough to pay the going rate right now.

@McJesus Glad it found a good home! And thanks. As a disclaimer to all, the pic does include my primary and backup bag so I should feel a little less guilty, right?!?

:thmbup:
If you end up wanting a Mike C Tesla(only thing I could find in the weight I wanted :doh:) one may pop up in pif. I don't think I'm going to like it. :\

What weight? Cause I've been loving the 170 +- Teslas that I've tried. I'm also hunting for a 173-175 for max Beef.

Side note: That Legend looking Tesla at the bottom is 168, gummy, and much less overstable than the typical Ns. In my mind, it flies like the disc that Discspeed talked about wanting (don't we all though?) - right in between a Tesla and Inerta. And sweet baby jeebus, it's a soft MVP driver! Give us more MVP, and regularly, so that I may stock up.

Inertia tested in the field. I love it. It may be the disc to replace my 5x JK champ Valkyries. That was what I was comparing it to as well as a pfn champ sidewinder. Not SW under stable for me, right at the valk turn/fade that I love with just a bit more ease of use. It is a little more nose angle sensitive IMO, but, when I get that right pop it is effortless distance.

picture.php

I have mailed you quite a few of those :hfive::thmbup: looking good.

Still salty I didn't keep that tangent :doh:

Oh hell yeah, I'd say at least 20% of that came from you. Some of the best stuff, as a matter of fact. Especially that Tangent :D

So I took the inertia on the course. I like it, but between not being used to it and still having issues with my grip due to my MS, I can't really say if I like it better or worse than my valkyries. I will say that everything faster than the Inertia is coming out. Even the Inertia is slipping out because my grip is failing. That being said even on slip outs the thing bombs for my arm speed right now. I can air it out for an s curve, keep it low and flip it straight, Anny it, whatever I ask of it it does. MVP has made a believer out of me. Best part, no searching for pfn or 5x jk champ valks at crazy prices anymore.

Also loving my switch. Thing is a workhorse and a half.

So the Inertia and Tesla will probably not be included in my bag.. While the Switch still has a shot. Really enjoying Axiom with the Alias and Envy.. Those two discs do plenty of damage!

Status
Not open for further replies.