• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha yup. Speaking of hunting for aces, I was filming in a practice field and hit my basket from 375' with a plasma volt :) bagging that one. Ran it with the 156 Atom I'm playing around with too. Went too far!

Also filmed a 500'+ throw with a 146 Photon!

Also filmed a 500'+ throw with a 146 Photon!

Mike! I'm sure you'll field a hundred questions on these, but, how much turn are they showing at that distance? How much hyzer release do they require? Overall take on their stability?

They showed less turn than I expected given I was throwing 146g-161g. My longest throws were pretty flat and low, and they'd turn over just a bit and penetrate forward. Tons of hang time before the fade kicked in, but when it did it was a strong fade.

The 161 felt like roughly 12/5.5/-1/3.25, I'd expect max weights to show a bit less turn and fade sooner.

They showed less turn than I expected given I was throwing 146g-161g. My longest throws were pretty flat and low, and they'd turn over just a bit and penetrate forward. Tons of hang time before the fade kicked in, but when it did it was a strong fade.

The 161 felt like roughly 12/5.5/-1/3.25, I'd expect max weights to show a bit less turn and fade sooner.

Thanks for the great feedback! Sounds promising.

I counter this with will we ever get the Atom in Neutron or Plasma? I love the shape of that disc(Atom), I just hate baseline plastic.

Others will likey disagree with this, but for putting purposes, a premium Atom is the Proxy. IMO, much of what makes the Atom so special is the plastic it comes in.

A firmer version of Electron would likely be much more popular still.

Others will likey disagree with this, but for putting purposes, a premium Atom is the Proxy. IMO, much of what makes the Atom so special is the plastic it comes in.

A firmer version of Electron would likely be much more popular still.

They're close, but the Proxy's a little taller and more neutral with zero fade, in my experience with both.

with high speeds how much more do they need to fill their line up up? It's rhetorical, I cannot wait to see what comes next.

I wanted to ponder Mr. Glass' rhetorical question from the Photon thread a bit.

Obviously there's still room for max speed discs, though I don't anticipate those any time soon. They definitely need a baby Resistor. And perhaps something else in the faster mid range category.

Yup, the Envy and Resistor need some alone time :)

Aside from that, I can think of a few things.

1. Expand the electron line-up to some of their other putter molds (confirmed in the works) and their mids.
2. When intentionally running distinct versions of a mold, e.g. FR/Plasma Volt & the regular Volt, I'd like to see something to indicate which it is other than being a DG nerd and knowing about PLH.
3. Atoms have dampened the need for it, but eventually I'd like to see an understable compliment to the Envy & Proxy.
4. MVP Lid. We all know it needs to happen :D

Aside from that they've done a very good job of producing everything I personally want. Everything I have an immediate use for besides those has either been made or announced. At this point I'd just like an Envy/Resistor hybrid and to try out some baseline mids, otherwise I'm feeling pretty solid once the rest of the DD's come out.

Yup, the Envy and Resistor need some alone time :)

Aside from that, I can think of a few things.

1. Expand the electron line-up to some of their other putter molds (confirmed in the works) and their mids.
2. When intentionally running distinct versions of a mold, e.g. FR/Plasma Volt & the regular Volt, I'd like to see something to indicate which it is other than being a DG nerd and knowing about PLH.
3. Atoms have dampened the need for it, but eventually I'd like to see an understable compliment to the Envy & Proxy.
4. MVP Lid. We all know it needs to happen :D

Aside from that they've done a very good job of producing everything I personally want. Everything I have an immediate use for besides those has either been made or announced. At this point I'd just like an Envy/Resistor hybrid and to try out some baseline mids, otherwise I'm feeling pretty solid once the rest of the DD's come out.
Mike, is there any way you can list your current bag setup? Don't need a video, just wondering which molds you are playing with. Thanks!

unless there's a more durable electron in the works, I'm only interested in putters

I wanted to ponder Mr. Glass' rhetorical question from the Photon thread a bit.

Obviously there's still room for max speed discs, though I don't anticipate those any time soon. They definitely need a baby Resistor. And perhaps something else in the faster mid range category.

does baby resistor equal zone?

The one thing I would add is, we need some grown up Craves. The Tesla and Wrath and now Photon are much more stable, and the Inertia and Insanity are quite a bit less stable. I would like to see a 10-12, 5, -.5 to -1, 2 disc.

I am hoping something comes out of the Circuit class disc that is an Envy/Resister hybrid. Otherwise, I bag only Axiom right now aside from either a Zone or Verdict depending on my mood, and I couldn't be happier.

Volt IS a faster crave IMO. id get down with a volt in the 12 speed range tho so not disagreeing. I assume 1 of the 4 to be released will be volt/crave ishhh...!

Yeah, I carry a seasoned Volt that acts like a longer fresh Crave. True that there isn't something comparable in the wider rimmed discs, but a 165 Tesla is a decent choice for now. I'm getting buy with stretching that Volt or hyzer flipping my Insanity for now.

Nohvah, I'm actually ironing out one or two spots in my bag in preparation for a new ITB video, but I'll go a head and list what I've got right now.

Putters

171 S opaque proton Ion - Putta
172 S Atom - Seasoned, slightly understable driving putter.
175 S Neutron Ion - Seasoned, go to upshot & short drive disc, sometimes jump putts. Straight all day.
173 Plasma Ion - Fresh, slightly more OS driving Ion.
175 P Envy - Seasoned driving Envy, stiffer plastic makes this my go to short range roller.
175 S Neutron Envy - Fresh driving Envy

Mids

178 Eclipse Axis - Beat, understable mid.
179 Eclipse Axis - Broken in, dead straight with a hair of fade left.
179 FR P Vector - Slightly OS mid.

Fairways

174 N Crave - Well seasoned, a bit of turn, a little fade. Very workable, love it.
175 P Crave - Fresh, straight to small fade.
175 N Resistor - Bagged since they came out, well seasoned. Much later fade, no high speed turn.
175 N Resistor - Such a fresh addition to the bag I haven't actually thrown it, but its time to start the Resistor cycle.

Volts

175 FR - Beat, understandable, flies more like an Amp at this point.
175 Plasma - Fresh FR Volt, -1/2 for HSS / LSS roughly. Workable.
175 Eclipse - Seasoned, HSS still 0 but little fade left. Favorite Volt, so straight with reliable HSS, rare combo in a driver.
175 Eclipse - Brand new sparkle Volt with my stamp. Needed a fresh Volt and these look so good with the white rim and sparkle core, kind of like the blue 1776 inspires. Beefiest Volt by far.

Distance

175 P Insanity - Moderately understable distance. Hyzerflips, turnovers, tailwind bombs etc.
175 N Wrath - Modrately overstable distance. This has quickly become a go to for me. Softer plastic gives a good grip, bit more glide than my Teslas too.
146 Photon - Still figuring out the Photons, but they're going very far for me.
161 Photon - See above

Might be one or two changes between now and when I put together the video, but most of this is set. Mainly just debating dropping a driving putter and a Volt, not sure. Also still not 100% on which weight Photons to bag.

Last edited:
Just got done watching Nikko Locastro at the Masters Cup, he did not throw any MVP discs, that i saw.. which is surprising since hes sponsored by MVP. He's killing it with the Gateway putter and Legacy though.

Status
Not open for further replies.