• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe GYRO and the "DeLa Curse" aren't compatible.

He was throwing a HandEye disc too.

Do we know exactly what he's bagging from MVP? I know the Motion is in there, and I can't imagine that being a great woods disc.

I would also imagine that, since he has a mixed bag sponsorship, the expectation is there that he might not throw everything in every tournament. It's going to matter more if we wins throwing whatever he wants than placing lower because he had to throw a certain number of molds, right?

The only one I've seen for sure is the Motion. I believe somebody on here mentioned an understable fairway as well. AFAIK, most of his bag is Legacy, with Wizards for putting and maybe one or two MVP.

When I was at BGams, I was looking through the used discs he was selling and pulled out a flylife sparkle tesla and said "looks just like my tesla except for the stamp." He looked at it and said, "Oops that one of my throwers" and put it on the floor behind him.

Just got done watching Nikko Locastro at the Masters Cup, he did not throw any MVP discs, that i saw.. which is surprising since hes sponsored by MVP. He's killing it with the Gateway putter and Legacy though.

Agreed, didn't see him throw one overmold.

So at the moment there are only 3 discs in my bag that are not MVP/axiom: trak, serpent, and scale. I can easily just use my watermelon envy and N proxy to cover 90% of the shots the Serp and scale are used for but so far I cannot find a fairway driver understable enough to cover what my beat trak does. It just starts turning 1/2 way through its flight and just keeps going and it stays almost flat the entire time. My side arm sucks so this is what I try to use. Maybe I haven't put enough time into beating my inspire in but it just wants to fight out of its turn.

You might like a light weight switch. Only MVP disc i have that realllllly flips is my old freak FR shock and now the 134g photon.

I had a 168 switch I think and loved it but it eventually got replaced by the inspire/crave combo. It had a decent bite idk if I'm looking for in a truly understable disc.

I was thinking about picking one up to hit lines underneath the volt class though.

They don't make the disc you seek, at my distances at least. I love my envy, axis, fission volt, atom, resistor. Probably will love the insanity when I get around to trying it. But nothing MVP can replace my seasoned leopard or cobras, which I use like you use your track.

I just picked the trak up a couple weeks ago used on a whim and it is giving me new lines I haven't expected.

It's funny, a year ago I feel like was making excuses to put MVP/axiom in my bag in place of other brands now I feel like it's the opposite. I feel like I have to find a way to squeeze non MVP discs in my bag just to prove to myself I'm not being locked down to a brand.

They are just the most consistent discs I've ever used and that is very important to me. Now if they can just fill this spot and give me a deeper feeling, more resilient electron putter, they will dominate my bag

From MVP Circuit page:
Unreleased "Relay" 16mm Understable Fairway Driver in Neutron Plastic
Any info on this? Perhaps this will be their truly understable fairway?

Is the cheetah a 6 speed? Always thought it was a good beginner mold.

Cheetahs are the s**t and yes, speed 6. Whippet, Cheetah, Gazelle, Polaris, JLS, Leopard... criminally overlooked class of discs. I was rocking that class as my sole fairways before MVP.

I'm really looking forward to trying a Relay for that reason but don't know its exact stability profile.

Yeah i was trying to tell someone about the rely and they said whaaat 6 speed?! I dont throw those.

I said well, you should they are the real fairway drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.