• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.
First time recording a round. I had a blast making it. I will need to upgrade to an HD camcorder before my next attempt. Any suggestions? Can't wait for my Plasma Amp and Fission Photon to arrive.

Great job. Love the pace, but I agree on the HD.

MVP is for REAL! Great company with an incredible team of players/fans!

234200_g.jpg

Had Brad, Chad and a bunch of awesome people from MVP TeamFam over for disc golf at Mill Creek this past Saturday. Awesome people and awesome day! The Bro's were kind enough to let us run around HQ after the Reunion! Awesome way to finish the day!

234204_g.jpg

We have something special here guys! I have a feeling MVP is gonna blow up BIG real soon ;)

11295606_1038460956183876_1172770185389756602_n.jpg

Thanks Brad, Chad and all the TeamFam guys and girls who came out during the monsoon to make a little disc golf history! Another one at my place in OCT? Gotta join the Fam to find out :)

Last edited:
I saw an overmolded star teebird

We HELD the only overmolded Star Teebird, 1st proto (overmold-less) Ion sent to PDGA for spec approval, the first (and only one I know existed) MVP 3D Proto printed disc (overmold-less) and seen so many 1st run Ions by the Team it's sick.

Oh, and only thousands of other rare and sweet stuff in the HUGE warehouse! It dwarfs Discraft's whole entire operation, and I love Discraft too! Just amazing to step foot into these places :)

Last edited:
Donny, that is so awesome that you were able to meet the Bros and all sorts of fans. MVP headquarters is definitely on my bucket list. Hopefully I'll make it out there someday.

Whats the deal with that tbird? Something they were experimenting with?

basically, GYRO is real :D

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100913

6. I believe the Overmold works and I understand the theory, but have guys tested it against the same disc sans the OM in the early stages of R and D?

In our early days, we took an ultralight Wizard (~110g) and taped washers as weights to bring the overall disc weight to 175g. We did trials with mass taped in the very center, some with mass taped towards the outside, and weight distributions in between. The affect on flight from the weight distribution is very evident. The further you distribute mass away from the axis of rotation, the tighter the lateral movement of the disc. Although it was a primitive test, the principal still holds. We encourage everyone to try this experiment themselves.

Our design program allows us to calculate the moment of inertia of a design. We have experimented with numbers of practical weight distribution with our designs, and the results are larger than you would think because the moment of inertia increases at a parabolic rate with mass distribution. At this time, we keep statistical data proprietary due to competition.

A recent experiment we did was take a lightweight (150 grams) conventional disc and grind off the nose tip, essentially creating a core out of it. Then we overmolded it with our GYRO™ Overmold. Here are some pictures:

I wonder if they'll let me do a test video with that MVPeebird when I make it up to MI. :)

^^^^Yes!

When are you gonna get up here to MVP HQ in Michigan? I was hoping you could have made it for the TeamFam Reunion! You gotta grab Chad and Brad and get over to Mill Creek to get some good video of that MVPbird!

Hit me up Mike C if you can do it! Just let me know when you know and I can make sure the course is in tip top shape! I have some elevated ridges for the camera man to set up at to get some sweet vids!

How fun would it be to take 10 different discs, from putters to mids, and do that to all of them. Film the before and after flights.

New HD camcorder, fresh plastic, and a course I have only played once. I got my new AMP and Photon on Sat, recorded the round on Sunday. I used the AMP as much as possible, but only had one chance to use the Photon. The Plasma AMP is pretty close to the Plasma Volt. I really like them both, but they are pretty interchangeable to me at this point. Fission Photon is a bomb on FH, still have to get out an field test it on back hand.

We HELD the only overmolded Star Teebird, 1st proto (overmold-less) Ion sent to PDGA for spec approval, the first (and only one I know existed) MVP 3D Proto printed disc (overmold-less) and seen so many 1st run Ions by the Team it's sick.

Oh, and only thousands of other rare and sweet stuff in the HUGE warehouse! It dwarfs Discraft's whole entire operation, and I love Discraft too! Just amazing to step foot into these places :)

Did you see a Soft Proxy?:popcorn:

New HD camcorder, fresh plastic, and a course I have only played once. I got my new AMP and Photon on Sat, recorded the round on Sunday. I used the AMP as much as possible, but only had one chance to use the Photon. The Plasma AMP is pretty close to the Plasma Volt. I really like them both, but they are pretty interchangeable to me at this point. Fission Photon is a bomb on FH, still have to get out an field test it on back hand.

so basically, throw Ion's if you want to hit birdies :p:hfive: nice work'

so basically, throw Ion's if you want to hit birdies :p:hfive: nice work'

Thanks Aim, a little luck never hurts either.

Btw, putting with the camera rolling really ups the pressure.

After the front nine, I thought it was going to be an awful round, but I got on a hot streak on the last 6 holes.

I threw the amp more than I should, but wanted to throw it as often as possible.

I said I wasn't going to buy a plasma ion, but couldn't pass up disc golf center's MVP sale. I will film a one disc round with it once it arrives. I have the perfect course in mind. It's short, very tight and technical. Look for it next week.

OK, so I'm really starting to feel like I could play most courses with just the Wrath, Insanity, and my Atoms. Anyone else clicking really hard with a handful of molds and feel like a full bag isn't fully necessary anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts