• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, so I'm really starting to feel like I could play most courses with just the Wrath, Insanity, and my Atoms. Anyone else clicking really hard with a handful of molds and feel like a full bag isn't fully necessary anymore?

I've always thought this is the way to go but most of us are disgusting disc nerds that fill up the bad no matter what.

I feel I could play any course only using my ion, shoot well, and have just as much fun. Heck, I use the ion most of the time anyway.

On the other hand, it is fun to drop 400+ ft bombs on the course or during field work.

Rolled with an all oversold nutsac today. Photon, Clash, Crave, Inspire, Alias, Atom. And did surprisingly well. I have a purple soft atom that I am in love with. Love electron plastic. That axiom fairway set up is pretty sweet. I can really crank all three of them quite a ways. Next time Clash is coming out Inertia and Volt going in.

I've always thought this is the way to go but most of us are disgusting disc nerds that fill up the bad no matter what.

Got called to play a last minute round last week. Drove to the course and played without my bag. I had a few drivers, one mid and a putter just sitting in the back of my truck. I played fine LOL

Went out with AFTC for a couple rounds today. He brought an Insanity and Fireball for me to try. The Insanity was an instant hit. Pretty much stole all of my photons attention. The Insanity is sneaky long and very easy to control. Aim even got to see my longest golf shot to date which was thrown with the Insanity. I am really enjoying my Photon, I just want one in regular neutron or plasma and a heavier weight. Once that happens, I see me being hooked on Photons as well. Thanks again Aim for yet another great addition to my growing assortment of GYRO.

Last edited:
One of the local testers had them, I guess he was at the warehouse last week. I only threw each one once on a tight woody hole, so first impressions might be a little off. The Wave was a bit more OS than I expected, and the photon was a bit less OS than expected. So I am thinking they might have closed the inertia/tesla gap a little with this class.

Most definitely. I have a hard time explaining to my casual playing friends (and myself sometimes) why I have 4 Destroyers, 4 PDs, 6 Teebirds, 4 Rocs, and 3 Wizards in my bag. At least I only carry 1 Firebird I guess.

Plus, does an 840 rated player (me) really need 22 discs he can throw poorly, when he can throw just as poorly with 4?

One of the local testers had them, I guess he was at the warehouse last week. I only threw each one once on a tight woody hole, so first impressions might be a little off. The Wave was a bit more OS than I expected, and the photon was a bit less OS than expected. So I am thinking they might have closed the inertia/tesla gap a little with this class.

The plastic on these was definitely stiffer than the wrath/insanity neutron.

Yea, I still might go buy a couple extra wrath/insanity for winter disc'n, though. I think this stuff would be awesome in the cold...

Yeah i hear that. For me it doesnt matter with drivers. Grip on putters and some fan grip mid shots sure but otherwise im mashing the disc IDC much about the grip i want it to rip out.

He said he saw a stack of plasma midranges, but I cant remember which one he said. But I am pretty sure it wasn't the circuit tangent...

lol it was the Tangent (I was there too), but all the mids share a core so they could run whatever whenever

Oh well. But you are right, they will probably run them eventually.

(Come on Axis!)

Status
Not open for further replies.