• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a question.

I've never used the hot water trick to address dome. I just traded for an Axis, it's pretty stiff N, and has a pop-top like dome. Noticable, not the very slight dome you might see on an Axis.

I'd like to flatten it, so, will this work on N pretty well? Anyone? Beuler?

Thanks!

Someone else tried it (Bender, I think??) but he said that it popped back up after it cooled. :confused:

So, I've been messing with a new Tangent and a used Alias to figure out what I want to carry in the short straight mid category. Throwing them in places I would use anything from a Pure to a Truth. Loving both discs, but the glide thing is so apparent now. Anything downwind or low ceiling just doesn't work for me with either the Tangent or Alias. They drop almost the entire way to the target.

I get the feeling that for the most part the Tangent is fairly universally loved and the Inertia has more of a mixed bag of opinions with the smaller arms liking it more. Just my 2 cents.

Personally I'm a big fan of the Inertia. I've been using it more and more now that the dust has settled with their distance drivers and I see how they work together. I get consistent, controlled hyzer flips from mine that glide very nice.

They felt a lot more understable to me the first day I threw them for some reason. As I've gotten used to them I'm finding them much more controllable than I did that first time out. I'm even bagging a 166 Impulse at the moment that I really like throwing.

I'll second your Tangent recommendation too. It's the first mid I recommend to players wanting to test out some MVP.

So, I've been messing with a new Tangent and a used Alias to figure out what I want to carry in the short straight mid category. Throwing them in places I would use anything from a Pure to a Truth. Loving both discs, but the glide thing is so apparent now. Anything downwind or low ceiling just doesn't work for me with either the Tangent or Alias. They drop almost the entire way to the target.

My P Tangent is like that. I feel like the glide is 100% spin dependant. When I get the leverage right on release, it's fairly glidey, if not it will drop early. It's definitely not as good as the Axis on shoulder-high lines for me.

Ironically, this drop is what's keeping it in the bag right now more than anything. It's as good as any stable disc at flying a straight, tall line, and dropping almost straight down once it stalls. And on a good throw, I can get pretty good distance on this shot. Sneaky long on tight uphill approaches for this reason.

tangents will glide like hell when you give them a full hit but just don't fly 500' doing it.

Like you mention toro its a really spin happy disc but also what makes it so damn workable.

I guess that is why I like it so much on anny releases. Pretty sure I get more spin on those.

:hfive: slow right drift that just hangs in the air and sits down where you hoped?!

max power hyzer flips are a fun shot as well. slight initial turn then locks into a lazer beam that rides straight.

I had a guy in league ask me how many Ions I had in my bag.(Its all overmolds) I told him 1 and he got confused.

Well mike if its any of these 3: base plastic envy, proton inertia or a 12 speed inertia like disc I will be happy.....:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts