• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.
pssh, that homepage is DONE for teaser-grade. minimalisms!

(but it's only the stamp edges in red on black, so it may be too dark to see for some screens/phones)

^I think so and vectors/axis were proton first runs. seems like axiom rolls out both every release since watermelon craves though. No rhyme or reason it would appear other than few more $'s moving around with N plastic.

Um the inertia page on the site is also devoid of a pic.... so maybe they are adding a proton pic to it?

well maybe not the disc pages are all kinda screwy.

Last edited:
Um the inertia page on the site is also devoid of a pic.... so maybe they are adding a proton pic to it?

well maybe not the disc pages are all kinda screwy.
As if my day wasn't busy enough :)

Thanks, you discovered a major site bug. Pretty much every model page lost some of its DNA via file renames. Off to rename some files. :doh:

That is a lie. I just checked the page and its there.

As if my day wasn't busy enough :)

Thanks, you discovered a major site bug. Pretty much every model page lost some of its DNA via file renames. Off to rename some files. :doh:

yeah actually I was just going to post that. All of them come up off in size and then disappear and reappear depending what you mouse over. (8.1 IE)

yeah actually I was just going to post that. All of them come up off in size and then disappear and reappear depending what you mouse over. (8.1 IE)
I really do appreciate this being called out sooner than later... would've really messed with my head when I went to make bigger changes.

So basically the initial image that you see on a disc page is determined by a file that needs to have a matching name to the page name. We used to have stuff like "/tesla" but to be google's friend, changed to stuff like "/tesla-disc-golf-distance-driver" ... but in the window of time I made those changes, never realized I'd hosed the page. Pretty bush-league. I fixed/checked all the pages and they were back to normal.

I always go Sherlock Holmes, the disc golf version, when MVP does these. This one I figure out pretty quickly.

It's a Proton Inertia!!!!!

How do I know this. Well, for one I have some latent psychic ability although it's hard to control. Instead of lottery numbers it tells me what discs MVP are teasing. There's also the fact that they named the clue picture on google plus "Proton-Inertia.png".

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-...ACQk/yoleZ2_sVT0/w506-h349/Inertia-Proton.png

That's a pretty good setup. I'm in the same boat with the Axis, with the Envy/Shock covering the tweener/hard turn areas.

Interesting no Volt-class...one of the first all-MVP folks to make that move official. I haven't even tried all of all 3 driver classes, but there's clearly a good bit of overlap. I could see leaving off the Volt class, but it's hard to break the attachment I have to the volt and Amp especially.

Any of the molds where you carry multiple weights/plastics?

I almost included the volt because it comes in and out my bag. Like aim said, it has a definite purpose. For my primary 5 courses though I can cover it with the inspire, crave, servo or tesla. I can get the tesla up to speed enough where it can hold straight enough to not make a huge gap between it and the speed 7's.

I have a 159 LS tesla I wanna put in the bag for the longer volt roll but I've been waiting for the right course cause I have a hard time throwing a beauty like that for the first time. Other than that no multiple molds. That's what I love about the way MVP is building the lineup. You can just use the next mold over on the spectrum, and it feels so similar it is more agreeable to me then worrying about cycling discs that barley break in or using different weights.

Menacewarf how are you liking the Impulse? I've been debating getting one, but am on the fence because of how it was originally being marketed as a slightly more US Inertia.

For a bigger more open course I would carry an inertia and also a tresspass (light tesla will hopefully be like the tresspass enough once I put it in the bag.) The reason I favor the impulse is I have a good FH game, so the only time I really reach for the fast US driver is for huge sky anhyzer's I couldn't reach with the FH. For that shot I like the impulse better than the inertia because the impulse penetrates right further and easier.

For tight lines to the right where a FH isn't practical I got the inspire (or switch, been switching them out a bit but I carry the inspire more) and if I can't quite reach that's fine because I'd rather take a 3 than a 4 or 5 by trying a faster disc and maybe hitting first available.

I really do appreciate this being called out sooner than later... would've really messed with my head when I went to make bigger changes..

I kind of just read over this and didn't put much thought into it but um...

Bigger changes?! :popcorn::D

I always go Sherlock Holmes, the disc golf version, when MVP does these. This one I figure out pretty quickly.

It's a Proton Inertia!!!!!

How do I know this. Well, for one I have some latent psychic ability although it's hard to control. Instead of lottery numbers it tells me what discs MVP are teasing. There's also the fact that they named the clue picture on google plus "Proton-Inertia.png".

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-...ACQk/yoleZ2_sVT0/w506-h349/Inertia-Proton.png

Well played sir

I don't think the owners would be talking about big things to come with only proton versions coming out. So yah... My guess is 3 new MVP molds by the end of the year. And let's say 3 axiom and put the number at 6 between the companies. Hopefully it's more! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts