• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was really getting into Motion, Tesla, Inertia, and Impulse on my typical Saturday DG marathon. When I needed max distance I used Halo and Bolt.

If MVP could match the characteristics of those 4 with 2.2CM rim drivers I'd feel confident with an all MVP bag, except for my baseline Reefs. I like the way that the drivers feel similar to each other but fly so differently.

Surprisingly, I found the Impulse extremely useful, and fun to throw. I wish the Switch or Inspire was a slower version of the Impulse.

Excited to see how Axiom fills the Volt-Amp-Shock speed class. Lots of room to do some really cool things. The future is fun

If MVP could match the characteristics of those 4 with 2.2CM rim drivers I'd feel confident with an all MVP bag, except for my baseline Reefs. I like the way that the drivers feel similar to each other but fly so differently.

I played a pick up game today with two people at Renny Gold, and one of them asked me why I like MVP. This is one of the first things I brought up. Pulled an Inspire, Crave and Resistor out of my bag, explained how they flew, then let them look at them and hold them in a driving grip to see how similar they are. Same deal with Inertias and Teslas.

As they fill out their line-up it's something I appreciate more and more. Axis & Vector, Alias/Tensor/Tangent, Ion & Anode, Shock/Volt/Amp, the DD's....a lot of their discs feel very similar to each other. Also they have a tendency to release discs that are fairly close to each other in stability. This is great because you can fill out a bag with brand new discs, but cover all the lines you need while having a pretty similar feel. As you wear them in you can cycle them, but you don't need to have 5 different Alias beat in to different stages of wear to cover the lines with a similar feeling rim.

well honestly i dont need my discs to break in a lot because i can throw stable/ overstable stuff. i personally have no problems with the feel of my discs in any condition, nor do my putts chain out.

how will base plastic benefit me?

G3onvOQ.jpg

Nope! I like quality plastics over base. I don't own any base plastics. I understand everyone is different and we all have our own wants. Mine is soft Envies. :)

I owned hundreds of premium plastic discs before I started venturing into more base plastics. Eventually if you own/test enough discs, you'll find that certain plastics work for certain situations. :thmbup:

it might be the only way to own a flippy ion.

You can beat an Ion into flippyness. The first Ion I ever bought has more turn that a fresh PA2 or Magic, but it needed more than two years of almost daily play to get there. Once it's there though: wow.

If I lost it, I'd have some serious thinking to do. I'd probably just put my old N Anode back in the back and just learn to live with having a little more stability to work with.

Edited to say that I'm also not interested in base plastic either. I started throwing Ions and Anodes because they were great premium plastic putters. That's why I like them. I understand the desire for a different feel in the hand and a quicker beat in period of course. I'm just not clamoring for that myself. I'd like to see a Zone like putter or something in the 11.5-12 speed range for a driver class next personally.

Last edited:
sounds wonderful! Soft neutron is damn near indestructible so maybe that's why its not on the market lol. I assume yours is a harder proton or neutron plastic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts