• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that's a good idea. Me and Nathan were actually just talking about doing an F7 vs Inspire mini vid because he's been thinking about buying one.

I'll see if I can do that for each of the classes of discs, e.g. compare a Rhyno, Wizard and beadless Aviar to their putters, then do similar stuff with mids & drivers etc.

Also I'm planning on doing a fairway driver comparison video using the Resistor, Clash, Servo, Crave, Inspire & Switch.

Going to be adding a commentary wrap-up to reviews like you suggested, I'm getting a lot of requests for it.

I'll see if I can do that for each of the classes of discs, e.g. compare a Rhyno, Wizard and beadless Aviar to their putters, then do similar stuff with mids & drivers etc.

Also I'm planning on doing a fairway driver comparison video using the Resistor, Clash, Servo, Crave, Inspire & Switch.

Both really good ideas. Particularly the fairways. That whole segment is kind of muddy in my mind as far as what each disc is supposed to do. For someone who is in a "Hey, I'd like to give MVP a try, what should I grab?" situation like me, it would be handy.

I did a field test today of a few different discs, and one thing me and my friends did was throw Inspires against G* Leo's and F7's. I should be able to get that up within a few days.

Still going to do the full fairway comparison video, just didn't get to it today.

Just got a Proton Inertia in today and looking at it and thinking about MVP's drive to move as much weight out from the center as possible made me wonder why MVP, of all manufacturers, isn't utilizing Air/Blizzard type technology to decrease the weight of their cores. Just a thought.

Just got a Proton Inertia in today and looking at it and thinking about MVP's drive to move as much weight out from the center as possible made me wonder why MVP, of all manufacturers, isn't utilizing Air/Blizzard type technology to decrease the weight of their cores. Just a thought.

because you can't stuff an infinite amount of material in the rim to make it heavier so they still hit desired weight. the plastics are only so dense. i'm sure it's more complicated and specific than that, but that's what jumps out at me immediately.

Does the Resistor really fly as much like the DC Storm as the flight guide says?

I'm worried it would be too beefy to replace a Storm.

its very OS. not many are going to have a comparison vs a disc like the storm but know that a resistor doesn't turn at all and fades out hard. Its slower so at high power it can fly very straight even into a strong headwind and still fade out with good distance while never getting off line.

Luckily MVP molds some of their newer discs in lighter weights so you could be OK with getting a lighter weight resistor without worrying about it being any less overstable and still useable for you.

Yeah it's a shot in the dark I know. I would like to find something Storm like so I don't have to scrounge. I was thinking a light Resistor or possibly a Servo since the X Storm I have does allow a slight high speed turn.

FWIW I've bagged 160g Resistors and found they had no turn. I never threw a storm, but a Servo or clash might be what you are looking for.

Yeah it's a shot in the dark I know. I would like to find something Storm like so I don't have to scrounge. I was thinking a light Resistor or possibly a Servo since the X Storm I have does allow a slight high speed turn.

definitely then go with what mike just suggested. Resistors do not have any high speed turn even when they beat up-- I tried'

This may be a dumb question but do certain molds that get beaten change more dramatically than others. Because I have thrown my resistor into multiple trees and still fly's the same. Its my go to for throwing into a forest from 250-350.

The Resistor just seems to fade later with wear but retain 0 HSS, it's one of my favorite attributes of the mold. I'm still throwing the blue tester I was sent out before they were released to retail and I can crank it max power into a headwind without worry.

On the other hand some of their straight out of the box molds season more obviously. For example if you watch my recent videos you'll see an orange/red eclipse tangent I've thrown since those testers were sent out that has developed a good bit of high speed turn, along with a FR Volt I've thrown since those testers were sent out that shows the same. I've also gotten Anodes beat into slightly understable, and those are a blast to drive with.

This may be a dumb question but do certain molds that get beaten change more dramatically than others. Because I have thrown my resistor into multiple trees and still fly's the same. Its my go to for throwing into a forest from 250-350.

Not a dumb question at all--Yep. that's the best part about a seasoned disc is that it can get unique attibutes about it which were not there when brand new-- everything from loosing how much fade it has to more glide or earlier turn and even improved grip or flexibility etc. Some discs don't change much at all either which also makes those molds very useful as they can be bagged for a long time without needing to worry about them changing flights.

Each mold is different as well as plastic for the most part but of course baseline/lower grade plastics will change more dramatically faster than higher end or premium ones.

A friend and I just signed up for the Kentucky State Doubles at Idlewild, September 6. We couldn't come up with a decent funny team name like most of the pairs already listed. So, we just decided to go with team GYRO. ( he wouldn't let me use "old and fat") lol

Will these be for sale online somewhere?

MVP's FB says they will be available at Worlds. That is one sick stamp.

10447731_509894772474973_4161219766752111886_n.jpg

Wow that is nice. They need to bedazzle that with some sparkles:)

Will these be for sale online somewhere?

MVP's FB says they will be available at Worlds. That is one sick stamp.

10447731_509894772474973_4161219766752111886_n.jpg

It's worth a shot to call their shop before paying $40+ after Worlds is over. I emailed them today but I doubt I'll get an email back because of the current happenings.

Now that you mention it, the pic does make it appear to have a bigger rim. Not sure but certainly wouldn't surprise me considering the pace they've been moving. Seems the reins are off.

Status
Not open for further replies.