• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.
See a few of you mention resistor. I have a volt I love and an considering adding the resistor. I don't have a big arm. Info appreciated

The Resistor is shorter and more overstable than the Volt, especially for us normal arms. The Resistor is basically a long mid, since it wants to fade fairly early in the flight. I use mine for anything in the 150-250 range, which is about where I max it out. It forehands great, and has a unique (but great) feel due to its super low profile.

The Resistor is one of MVP's best discs, and I feel like a lot of players pass it over, but end up liking it when they try it.

The Resistor is the epitome of a workhorse overstable fairway. It just will not turn, but on a strong throw with a flat release it will fly straighter longer before the fade kicks in compared to similar discs like the Banshee. Awesome for low lines that are tougher to put mids on and great for skip shots. It laughs off wind. It's definitely utility disc level overstable, for just about any arm speed.

It's noticeably slower than a Volt. If you want an overstable complement to the Volt in the same speed class the Shock is the way to go - another overlooked disc, perhaps due to the early inconsistency - but if you'd like something slower, the Resistor is the place to start.

Edit: I love that it handles wind so well that the obvious phrase to describe it is "laughs off wind."

Shock will develope a little turn tho like a fast eagleX or something similar does where I never found that in the resistor. IMO the motion it's it's faster cousin which even the trashed ones I have fly stupid OS. Shocks are unique IMO. I don't carry one with a Tesla itb but I feel they are more similar once a shock seasons. Servo/clash like but faster

Last edited:
Interesting about how the Shock wears. I've only thrown them fresh and they seemed quite overstable to me, although a bit glidier than the Resistor.

Distance drivers?

Hey,

So just recently purchased almost all of the MVP line up and got a few questions for all of you MVP heads. I have been a trilogy only player since it was only Lat 64 with a few discs. I am an advanced level player with a decent arm. I have noticed that the MVP plastic has noticeably less glide than other discs. Also most of the plastic seems to be way more overstable than I was expecting. So my questions are

1) anyone else experience much less distance on their distance driver class compared to other discs you have thrown?

2) what is average distance you throw with the distance class?

3) what's your favorite mvp disc?

4) any idea when they will come out with true 11-12 speed distance drivers?

Thanks guys

Thanks for the resistor feedback. I've been looking for something for a couple specific holes that are straight for about 225 then dog hard to the left into some woods. Resistor might help

Hey,

So just recently purchased almost all of the MVP line up and got a few questions for all of you MVP heads. I have been a trilogy only player since it was only Lat 64 with a few discs. I am an advanced level player with a decent arm. I have noticed that the MVP plastic has noticeably less glide than other discs. Also most of the plastic seems to be way more overstable than I was expecting. So my questions are

1) anyone else experience much less distance on their distance driver class compared to other discs you have thrown?

Thanks guys

1) no. it depends on the stability. the tesla is truly for big arms. the inertia actually flips quite easily. you will not see as much glide because there is no dome, but they are not glideless. i throw my freak tesla basically as far as my seasoned GPD. once it seasons in a bit, probably longer.

2) average max d for me would be 430', with the longer drives topping out around 460'.

3) soft anode, tangent, tesla, axis. can't really pick. tesla is what i bag, but only because i found some freaks that don't fly as OS as a normal tesla.

4) i'm really hoping for more 12-13 because the latest class was a true 10 speed, sitting at a rim of 2.0 cm. to make an 11 would be a colossal waste of research and development IMO. they have controlled D. give us the max. no idea when they'd be coming though.

Thanks for the resistor feedback. I've been looking for something for a couple specific holes that are straight for about 225 then dog hard to the left into some woods. Resistor might help

That's what I throw on those sorts of holes.

Resistors are wonderful. I can second that they don't ever seem to develop turn. I've been bagging the same one since release, and it definitely fades later than a fresh one now, but never, ever turns. 100% rip into a 20mph headwind FH or BH, no problem.

Like GCR_Russel, I use the Envy and the Resistor as my OS workhorses for anything under 350'. I can push Resistors out to 400', more if I throw a flex line, but I like using other discs at that range. I still use a Crosslap Credo for certain shots, especially on particularly windy days, but the Envy & Resistor combo can really do some work.

Hey,

Thanks guys
1) I dunno about much less distance. MVP stuff is definitely more control oriented than glide for D oriented generally.

2) Only got a Tesla (I prefer something more hyzer flip-able for D) so avg is only prolly ~320'. Avg with Swords about 15'+ or so. I don't have the arm to get my Tesla to uncork the occasional gonzo throw I get when I rip into a Sword more properly.

3) Still the Ion I think, especially 2nd generation. Just too fun. Honorable mention: Axis, Tangent.

4) Prolly better if they come out with something faster like kodachrome mentioned but the 11-12 class is my bread and butter so for selfish reasons I'd like to see it too. I wouldn't be surprised if MVP comes out with this class sooner b/c they seem to like taking baby steps to get things right.

Hey,

Thanks guys

1) Not really, in fact my tesla (which is still pretty fresh) flies quite far for me. I have a champ orc that I use as a water disc or for when I just don't want to chance losing the tesla. I throw it right around the same distance as the tesla, though the orc has a bit more high speed turn.

2) The only one of their distance class that I bag is the tesla, and I typically throw it ~425-450'.

3) My favorite MVP disc is actually by it's offshoot company, Axiom. It's the envy, and it's an overstable putter is the right disc for most shots out to around 300' or so for me. It's my favorite mold from any company without a doubt.

For MVP discs and not Axiom though, definitely the shock. Great overstable fairway that beats in to having a little tiny high speed wiggle (I'd say -0.25 or less turn) and some glide, with a reliable and penetrating fade.

4) I have no clue.

And to add some reference to those turn numbers I said I'd rate the westside stag at -1. Hope this helps! :)

The envy is just an excellent all around disc. BH, FH, rollers it really does it all, very well. Oh did I mentioned the softies are also excellent at all these things and is a great putter. I am dying to get my hands on an electron envy......

Status
Not open for further replies.