• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Five disc MVP/Axiom eh?

Atom
Axis
Switch
Volt
Insanity

I think that would cover most of what I need. I could honestly roll Atom/Switch/Volt and probably feel comfortable.

A minimal MVP/Axiom bag would be pretty easy for me, since that's the core of my game anyway.

I'd definitely take

Crave
Tesla
Resistor
Proxy

I've never thrown an Envy (blasphemy, I know), but that would probably be my fifth disc. I'd need a Suspect replacement, and that sounds like the closest bet.

3 disc: Atom, Crave, Volt

5 disc: Atom, Alias, Resistor, Crave, Volt

Blasphemy for not taking an Envy I know, especially considering how much I throw the disc. If I could putt with them half as good as the Atom, I would bag it, but I can't.

If you guys were to go with a minimal 3 to 5 disc MVP/Axiom bag what would you use. As the lineup keeps growing its getting harder for me to go minimal, so many great discs to throw!

I love the challenge of having a small bag, and of course lite weight is nice too.

3 Discs
- Atom
- Crave
- Resistor

5 Discs
- Atom
- Envy
- Vector
- Crave
- Resistor

Volt, Vector, Ion |

Tesla, Volt, Switch ,Theory, Ion

...these answers will be much different I imagine come summer time... easy to put together multiple different set ups now and be just fine given all the options-- its a good time to throw MVP/Axiom!

Last edited:
I really want to get back into using a switch. It might pair even better than the crave with my clash. How does a worn crave compare to a switch? My crave is just starting to season but I'm getting an urge to try out a switch again

There's sort of an old school / new school vibe going on with many of the answers here. Can't believe there was a time when MVP had no drivers. And Axiom didn't exist.

even my super beat up crave is nothing really like the switch. I took a pair of switches out along with a pair of insanities as my only drivers at a local short course just throwing them all on every hole. Its obviously slower but has a touch more LSS as well as less glide. I was putting the discs within feet of each other though and reminded me how great the switch is.

Switch pairs up really well in upper 160g weight to the other stable molds like volt/servo/clash/crave specially when all the discs are brand new. My most beat up 5/10 crave is more like a disc between the crave and switch.

Atom, Theory, FR Volt for 3 discs. I'd be missing having something OS if it was windy out, but could live with this on a calm day.

Atom, Theory, Tensor, FR Volt, fresh Volt for 5 discs. I might sub the Inertia in for the FR Volt, but I just trust my FR too much to take it out. The possibility of having lighter weight, domey Plasma Volts is the biggest reason I'm excited about Plasma discs. Then I won't have to stress on losing my most reliable disc as much.

Not to change the subject too much but I kind of assumed we'd maybe see a new mold and a plasma release each month. Last month's was on the 13th, hoping for an announcement soon. Not to be impatient but... I missed out on FR volts and I really want a plasma volt.

I imagine a dealer email goes out sooner than later being its April now. Don't think you will be waiting too long for plasma volts if that was the point of their teaser video.

I hear ya Puckstopper on the FR Volt. I have two but one is white and flexible and grippy as hell, it's the best driver I've thrown to date. If the Plasma Volts are even close to that ill be in heaven. Goes as far as all my other (and bigger) drivers. Line shaping machine with the right angles.

On a side note the Relay has me very intrigued. Never really threw a 6 speed FD. It may be a great add to a five disc bag. Also wonder if it will be released in plasma first. The circuit pics seemed to look like that.

Thanks to all for the minimal bag suggestions, gonna start giving the mentioned options a try. (Poor Alias left out in the cold again. Love that disc.)

Forgot you picked the Alias broomerang, at least it has one mention. Don't remember seeing the Tangent tho, that's surprising.

Man, I thought I had my bag generally figured out for the season but I'm hitting with discs I haven't before and just can't get a hold on ones that I used to click with. The tensor is just on point for me. The grip never used to feel right but now I'm parking shots from 250' no problem. On the other hand, my soft envy is just not happening for me. It all of a sudden is just too floppy and I can't get a clean release.

Atom, Theory, FR Volt for 3 discs. I'd be missing having something OS if it was windy out, but could live with this on a calm day.

Atom, Theory, Tensor, FR Volt, fresh Volt for 5 discs. I might sub the Inertia in for the FR Volt, but I just trust my FR too much to take it out. The possibility of having lighter weight, domey Plasma Volts is the biggest reason I'm excited about Plasma discs. Then I won't have to stress on losing my most reliable disc as much.

LOL i hear u there bro! i loves ur setup its dope. atom theory and tenser i mean why even bother with the volts cuz theyre old school!

i especially luv the new mvps and the colored ones it makes the ions and stuff seem like an iphone 1 ! LOL

LOL i hear u there bro! i loves ur setup its dope. atom theory and tenser i mean why even bother with the volts cuz theyre old school!

i especially luv the new mvps and the colored ones it makes the ions and stuff seem like an iphone 1 ! LOL
You crack me up :)

I already carry just 8 discs, all MVP. (Ignore the sig, I'm just too lazy to change it) Not hard to cut down to 5 or even 3.

Core 3
Envy
Alias
Volt

Envy
Alias
Inspire (or Crave, depending on my mood)
Volt
Inertia

my 8
Envy
Alias
Theory
Vector
Crave
Inspire
Volt
Inertia

Status