• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vector: Con, it's basically a Roc. Pro, if you like Rocs, that's a good thing.

Axis: Pro, fast, straight, glide. Con, it takes good form, nose angle sensitive.

Tangent: Pro, line shaper, good turn without being flippy, with a little fade when thrown flat, but holds anny and hyzer well. Con, it's a good all around mid, but can get lost in the shuffle of others that do certain shots better. Axis is longer, Alias is straighter, Theory is less stable. They all play their respective parts better.

Tensor: never thrown

Alias: Pro, very straight, very controllable, more wind resistant than the Axis. Con, basically it's a beat in Envy, and gives very little distance difference to justify carrying both. (but I still do) It's a slightly more HSS, shorter Buzzz.

Theory: Pro, understable yet forgiving. Very workable and will hold lots of lines, but shines on turnover shots and hyzerflips. Con, very few. It is not a fast mid and won't give the same distance as a faster understable like a Tursas, but it's pretty close.
This was a very nice description.

Tensor throwers: how would you describe a Tensor's flight and speed in comparison to other similar discs (Gateway DevilHawk, Zone, DD Suspect, etc)? Just a general "more stable than x/shorter than y/ more glide than z" is what I'm looking for.

I think it is closest to the Suspect. Mine starts to fade a bit quicker than any Suspect I've had. I think it's slightly shorter, but I have never thrown them side by side at full power to test this. I may do it soon just to see. BTW, it kicked my latest Suspect out of the bag because the Suspect was staying too straight at higher power for the shots I was pulling it for.

You may want to feel up a tensor before purchasing. A lot of people find it to be a little weird feeling for BH grips.

You may want to feel up a tensor before purchasing. A lot of people find it to be a little weird feeling for BH grips.

I have felt one before, it's not too uncomfortable for me. I'm mainly going to try it for short forehands, approaches, and flex shots (similar to the Zone/Gator slot), but I don't like how beefy the Zone or Gator is. So I think it'll be fine, but definitely a good point.

That's exactly what I was hoping to hear about it. Thanks guys:thmbup:

I have felt one before, it's not too uncomfortable for me. I'm mainly going to try it for short forehands, approaches, and flex shots (similar to the Zone/Gator slot), but I don't like how beefy the Zone or Gator is. So I think it'll be fine, but definitely a good point.

That's exactly what I was hoping to hear about it. Thanks guys:thmbup:
Tensor for sure then. It's OS but not like a Zone.

Last edited:
Vector: Con, it's basically a Roc. Pro, if you like Rocs, that's a good thing.

Vector is one of my favorite discs and the while it is very much like a Roc the big difference I find it that it stays stable to overstable. All the Rocs I've had quickly lose that late fade.

A Roc3 will keep the fade but for me it starts the fade way way early.

I threw a 180g KC Pro Roc for awhile that still had some fade, but you're right, the Vector will hold on longer. I just don't really like the feel of Rocs. I did love my Axis, but it just didn't fit between all the other good mids I throw.

I've kind of fallen for a quite flat Eclipse Vector. It really doesn't fade unless I want it to (nose up or powered down.)

On full rips it's very similar to a fresh Eclipse Axis but with more HSS. I'm comfortable throwing it just as hard as I can.

Today I went looking to see if I could find an Electron Atom in a different color than the one I have. I want a red one. Saw red ones in the rack and noticed that one of them was a different sahde of red than the others. Picked it up to find it's a Soft Electron Atom. I'm in love with the feel of the soft Electron! It was a match made in heaven--right color, right weight, and a feel that I love.

Status
Not open for further replies.