• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been loving Plasma Inertia's lately. The grip is better (for me) then Neutron and I think they have a little more glide. The Plasma discs don't seem to retain their stability as long as other plastics though. I'm curious what everyone else thinks about plasma's durability?

I said that when ions were first released. Its a fine blend but not bullet proof. Some are a little firmer/rigid it seems which helps durability.

It's been a while since we've had a truly cryptic MVP new release teaser

MVP to dgcr readers^

I said that when ions were first released. Its a fine blend but not bullet proof. Some are a little firmer/rigid it seems which helps durability.

How does Neutron and Proton compare in durability and flight to Plasma Inertia's? They seem so much slicker each time I have grabbed them.....

Its all sort of the same plastic "family" ... Plasma reminds me of a neutron/proton mix with a cool sheen and softer feel. Really no more or less "slick" or durable.

Inertia by design will season in more so vs stable molds. The wing shape just leads to lower PLH with use. Protons seemed a little more HSS when new.

Wonder when they will run a Neutron Motion/Phase I could be curious about those.

I'd love all the drivers that I bag and lean on to be in proton. Motion/Phase, also Resistor and Servo. I'm a proton guy. (Except for the Envy/Proxy for some reason.)

Last edited:
Electron. Please. Thanks.

I've said before a base line Motion, for example, is an intriguing notion. I'm not sure, though, that I think that Electron as we know it now is the answer I'm looking for. It's fine for putting, but a driver in medium Electron just won't have the durability to survive long on Charlotte courses.

What would an electron motion do that another MVP disc couldn't already cover?

lately I've been dreaming of a plasma vector in the low 170s or high 160s. but ill also take a firm base line vector as well please.

I want a Fission mid. I don't even care which mold.

And of course.... FISSION IONS!!!!!!

How newer runs of Servos fly? I have a 172 Servo, which is still pretty os after 1+ year use. (FH ~350 with Servo).It had no turn when new, now it feels like 6 5 -1 2,5. I really hope newer runs are less os, or maybe i should get a lighter one ? I dont want to add another mold.

MVP please make mid grade plastic for drivers (like Innova Pro):thmbup:

You probably are one of the people that are looking forward to them releasing more discs in plasma. The plasmas usually have a touch more turn when new than the N counterparts. A lighter one may give you some added turn, if that's what you are looking for, but it probably will be close to your used one. Unless you can find a used lighter one somewhere. If your looking to just have a beat up servo flight, maybe try a switch? I know you said you don't want another mold but they have a similar feel in the hand.

Also there is always the flip it upside down and scratch up the plate on a teepad trick...

How newer runs of Servos fly? I have a 172 Servo, which is still pretty os after 1+ year use. (FH ~350 with Servo).It had no turn when new, now it feels like 6 5 -1 2,5. I really hope newer runs are less os, or maybe i should get a lighter one ? I dont want to add another mold.

MVP please make mid grade plastic for drivers (like Innova Pro):thmbup:

I bag Servos, and have like 6 or so, including a couple of 'lighter' ones in the mid 160s. They tend to be pretty consistent in that I get little to no turn out of them until they beat up some. I've got a 164 in the bag right now that's pretty new, and it really doesn't turn, maybe it has a longer straight phase before the fade kicks in.

What I will say is, if you can find the right Switch, it may fly the way you want off the shelf. Like the other US drivers, I've found a bit of variation in the amount of turn I get from a new Switch. I've got 2 168s right now, one is pretty turn-y, but the other flies a pretty tight S line. This is throwing them about 300-325.

A max wt. Switch may be the way to go to get that seasoned Servo flight off the shelf. (If you have the chance to compare them in person, it's all about the relative shoulder curve/parting line height. They will vary ever so slightly.) There's almost no difference in the hand feel.

Last edited:
20160411_154700.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.