• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the Wrath may disagree

Considering I own 6 wraths and I know the disc well ....no

Wraith is 11/5/-1/3 by innova numbers and is fairly wide rimmed

Wrath is more 10/4/0/2.5 its not as wide rimmed, its flat and doesn't glide or S shape much.

Some websites put numbers closer than they really are, I have a Wraith and a Wrath and the only thing similar is they are a stable driver.

If you get a 165-170 Wrath it will show more turn and get more of a 'Wraith-like' flight, but its not close enough to say its the MVP's Wraith. My max weight Neutron Trace is closer in flight and feel of a Wraith.

The Wrath is closer to an Innova Thunderbird than anything (in my opinion) just a tick faster and less glide.

If you had to choose only from MVP or Axiom, I suppose a beat Telsa or a lighter/beat Wrath would be fairly close to a Wraith flight. But I stick to my initial response :hfive::D:popcorn:

Are you forgetting about the defy? Like a good old KC star wraith with the flatter tops. Used to find xouts/f2s at PIAS. Defy for sure fills that "good" wraith spot while not being as OS as photon in same plastics.

Are you forgetting about the defy? Like a good old KC star wraith with the flatter tops. Used to find xouts/f2s at PIAS. Defy for sure fills that "good" wraith spot while not being as OS as photon in same plastics.

What are you talking about? The defy is flippy, and a star wraith is perfectly slightly OS.

What are you talking about? The defy is flippy, and a star wraith is perfectly slightly OS.

OK, even though there is much variation in discs from just about everyone, this is just wrong. The Defy is very overstable. Axiom really should not have released it, or at least changed the description of it. I get a decent bit of turn even from fresh Wraiths. I've thrown my Defy a bit, run it through the dryer, hand tuned it and thrown it into a brick wall. Zero turn and the fade begins at about the same time as a Predator.

Agree, DEFY is like 12/4/0/3 when new (and heavy) and break in to 12/4/-0.5/2 when worn or lighter - I have a 167g DEFY that almost turns hahahaha, again to say its comparable to a Wraith...? ? Nah....not even close, like saying a Firebird is close to a Teebird

Blind shot, 170 ft rhfh line. I clearly used an ion.

I blew up the chainz. Walked up flexin. It spit out.

Next time...

So I was going through my massive stack of unused discs and found a few MVP beauties some dark purple anodes and an ion all 3 are unthrown with the bumper sticker on them still. I think they are from 2011 when I did a dealer order in the spring .. What run do you MVP fans think they are ?

So I was going through my massive stack of unused discs and found a few MVP beauties some dark purple anodes and an ion all 3 are unthrown with the bumper sticker on them still. I think they are from 2011 when I did a dealer order in the spring .. What run do you MVP fans think they are ?

2011 is a weird year for helping without pictures. Could be leftover 3rd runs, part of the early year 4th run, or later year run 5th. Post some pictures.

The Ion is a opaque purple medium, patent pending, with two ejector marks on the side and the Gyro tm on the overmold. It doesn't photograph well haha.

They were on hand for a tournament May 2011

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.