• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have any word on the vertex? I know they're out there but i can't find a ton of info on the actual flight. I'm hoping just an axis with more turn out of the box

Anyone have any word on the vertex? I know they're out there but i can't find a ton of info on the actual flight. I'm hoping just an axis with more turn out of the box

an alias is an axis minus the beef. right between the tangent and axis.

the vertex is a more understable theory.
that is if i can get my theories to turn. they usually go straight or slightly drift right if my aim. (rhbh)

I picked one up. Feels like Axis. Axis has some turn for me but mostly will hold a line. The Vertex is the next step down the line - it flips right out of my hand and if thrown low will ground fast. i couldn't coax a flat flight out of it at all for my typical midrange shot. :\ Not a disc I would ever carry.

A slower signal is a great comp. It's very gliddy. Works very well for straight approach shots. Thrown hard it is going to flip, but that doesn't mean it has to turn and burn. Give it a healthy hyzer release and you can mimic forehand lines without getting the skip.

Ive been motion-less. And Ive found I dont really miss it. The volt is OS enough to get buck with. Further proof volt is the best disk ever? I think so

Ive been motion-less. And Ive found I dont really miss it. The volt is OS enough to get buck with. Further proof volt is the best disk ever? I think so

ive had bad luck with volts lately, I got 1 and loved it, so I picked up 3 more. 1 of them flies about right but the other 2 are ridiculously understable at high speed. its so odd because its max weight and premium plastics.....meh, anyone want some flippier volts? pm ;_

ive had bad luck with volts lately, I got 1 and loved it, so I picked up 3 more. 1 of them flies about right but the other 2 are ridiculously understable at high speed. its so odd because its max weight and premium plastics.....meh, anyone want some flippier volts? pm ;_

I ran into one flippy one. It was 168g though, domey, and the neutron plastic. I threw it into a creek and never attempted trying to fish it out. Someone elses problem now..

The wind was picking up today and the neutron volt I have now was def bleeding in a strong headwind but always came back. Got me a little concerned. But I dont play competitively so I dont care. I think its volts here on out for me.

Volts

What plastic are those volts you have?
Im digging my motion still. It's picked up some mad glide and is now pretty straight with a slightly (like +.1) HSS and like 2 for LSS. Awesome for hyzers and flex shots that crush. I probably need a new max weight to pair with it come to think of it to bring the beef

Last edited:
Octane crushed this weekend, same with Mayhem. I parked a hole I've NEVER reached before with a mayhem, bomb uphill the pin is on the top left backside of the hill. It takes a BIG throw to get up there. I was really happy, got the 2 - Atom was awesome as usual made a couple looong putts with it and some nice approaches. Envy was used 3 shots in a row on a par 4 to take the 3, that was nice. Alias....what can I say....its SO dang straight. Volt did Ok, Wrath parked a hole - overall nice outing with the Gyro - Shot a 70 at Blue Ribbon Pines with the PAR 87 layout, best I've ever shot there. It was Cali league, but hey, I still needed to make the shots, and a lot of holes I didn't need to use a cali.

Octane crushed this weekend, same with Mayhem. I parked a hole I've NEVER reached before with a mayhem, bomb uphill the pin is on the top left backside of the hill. It takes a BIG throw to get up there. I was really happy, got the 2 - Atom was awesome as usual made a couple looong putts with it and some nice approaches. Envy was used 3 shots in a row on a par 4 to take the 3, that was nice. Alias....what can I say....its SO dang straight. Volt did Ok, Wrath parked a hole - overall nice outing with the Gyro - Shot a 70 at Blue Ribbon Pines with the PAR 87 layout, best I've ever shot there. It was Cali league, but hey, I still needed to make the shots, and a lot of holes I didn't need to use a cali.

I bet you would shoot in the 60s if you would bag an ion

haha I actually have an Ion but honestly prefer the Dagger right now - it'll be tough to change my putter again, it took me a while to settle on one and I really like the dagger, my putting was actually decent for once. if I had to putt gyro it would be an atom/ion combo

I was having a hell of a round this Saturday, on two courses close enough to each other you can play both (skipped 5 holes due to darkness). -11 and bogey free through the first 26 holes.

I mostly threw Ions and a Volt. :|

MVPOpen_Final-900x514.png

Status
Not open for further replies.