• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You boys keep pitching me on the Photon and I may just have to try it.

A nice flat max weight Proton or Neutron, should be pretty similar to a Wraith/destroyer type distance driver. 11.5ish 4 -.5 3. A plasma should have a bit of a shoulder and rounded top and would be more like a slightly used one, 11.5 5 -1 2.5 ish

Last edited:
I'm not pushing huge power but I will take this opportunity to add a little love for a little 143 fission Photon... I can't believe how stable it is at such a ridiculously light weight I'm using it a lot right now. Frickin cool disc it's like easy cheaty distance.

Another shout out for my Fission Photon worked it hard yesterday pulled up a tournament ace and a bunch of near misses. Thanks to "Nothing but Cage" for sending it to me it's not something I would have bought, hope he's liking his second run ESP comets... should be getting a few hundred bucks for the ace...

I've been tossing a Wave around a bit and I can't quite get it dialed in. It's straight to fade at around 375 BH for me when I try to hyzerflip it, but anhyzers out more than I want it to if I try to throw it flat. It can boom, but I haven't found the sweet spot to get it to go where I want yet. FH it has gone as far you could want 425+ easily, but God knows where it will land.

Yep, you just described a Wave. They're a lot like Kings. When they flip, they drift forever. In my gyro bag, a domey Plaz Wave is my King substitute for tailwind/roller/max anny D. If you throw them flat or close to it, you have to raise your apex considerable for them to hook back up.

I'm a big fan of the Photon too. My 160 something Proton is a lot like a seasoned VIP Giant except easier distance.

I think both companies have failed to fill the gap between Wave and the next disc to the left.

they have, it's a trace. i used to throw waves, until i lost my last one. i had a trace lying around so i gave that a shot and was much less squirrely. it will still turnover if you make it, but otherwise it is straight with a hint of fade. or if thrown on a hyzer will have more of that 2 fade.

they have, it's a trace. i used to throw waves, until i lost my last one. i had a trace lying around so i gave that a shot and was much less squirrely. it will still turnover if you make it, but otherwise it is straight with a hint of fade. or if thrown on a hyzer will have more of that 2 fade.

Meh, it's not "gyro", and I have plenty of Wraiths, plus a CD3.

Yea... that's almost as bad as Anchor or Vanish...

Hmm... I wonder if the PDGA made a typo? Runway would certainly fir the Streamline aviation theme. Though, now that I think about it again, a runaway plane/engine does have that, also. Its just a freaking horrible name for something who don't want to lose.

I still remember the time my buddy wore an Old Navy short to a tourney at a course with a big lake. He lost 3 discs that day and we still give him grief for it 5 years later.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts