• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part V)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you serve on the Plaz Volts then?

So the Drift are you saying it's more lateral movement than a Relay or more fade? From what I saw of people throwing em they seemed straight to fade.

lost em all cept a yellow one that im saving for winter

ask the scavengers that found them

That would probably be Hobo Delight... some cold Beefaroni.

Last edited:
So the Drift are you saying it's more lateral movement than a Relay or more fade? From what I saw of people throwing em they seemed straight to fade.

That would probably be Hobo Delight... some cold Beefaroni.

just need a knife or a rock to open the can

best bang for buck and convenience

So there was some chatter in the Drift thread... I haven't tried one of those single :( molded discs :D

What's the word on em? Relay OS? Haha

I love the Drift because it is similar to my Leopards. I've never thrown a Relay so I'm interested to hear any more comparisons between the 2. Thanks funguy for your take.

I am still looking for that disc and using the Servo (especially FAF ones) as the stand-in until/if we ever get a 16mm OS disc (yes I know the Resistor is close but I want something with little to no HSS and little to no LSS).
Would a beefy Crave fill this slot?

My 2c to the Drift/Relay-discussion: Drift could be the brand new leopard that's bit on the stable side and Relay's the same disc when its been beaten a while, more turn and only little fade.

My 168g blue Relay is over 3 years old and super flippy compared to c-line FD(still not as flippy as that one Signal I tried though), great for rollers and long turnovers without fade :clap:

My 2c to the Drift/Relay-discussion: Drift could be the brand new leopard that's bit on the stable side and Relay's the same disc when its been beaten a while, more turn and only little fade.

My 168g blue Relay is over 3 years old and super flippy compared to c-line FD(still not as flippy as that one Signal I tried though), great for rollers and long turnovers without fade :clap:

thanks, this is the kind of info I was looking for!

thanks, this is the kind of info I was looking for!

All of my Relays are Circuit stamps, but I would put all of them as more stable than Star Leopards. I have never thrown a Champ Leopard but I have heard others compare the Circuit Relay to them.

I love the Relay, it took a lot of my Crave shots.

I love the Drift because it is similar to my Leopards. I've never thrown a Relay so I'm interested to hear any more comparisons between the 2. Thanks funguy for your take.

I wondered about the Crave too if he'd tried it. My experience with the Crave is that it has better stability and a bit more lateral movement.. Good wind resistance, my eclipse SE's are close enough to be a stable Relay complement but they don't glide as far, I come up 30-40' shorter with them but they are always in the fairway. Good disc that kind of slips in and out of the bag.

From the looks of things with a little jump up in speed and the -2 turn instead of -3 the Drift on paper looks like a good disc to throw flat for a straight flight.

The Relay is just awesome, it's always in the bag. The amount of turn you can get on it without burning and the way you can control the fade or lack of, makes it a super fun disc. It shapes lines the same way a Comet does and requires low armspeed. I get laser straight throws usually with a touch of hyzer or nose up. I love a fresh Relay and that touch of late hookup fade... I'd like something that kept that a little longer.

Craves are a weird beast for me. I have seen them with lots of high speed turn and others, like you said, that are super beefy. This was one of the first molds, when it first came out, that MVP started to more inconsistencies with their molds. It was hard to commit to a mold when it was all over the map. While I take advantage of that with molds like the Tesla (lots of plastic or lots of different style shots), I found the Crave didn't fit the slots I was looking for. When I want less HSS then it is easy enough to grab for the Relay and when I wanted a bunch of LSS then the Resistor was the go-to. Essentially I wanted to have something in the 16mm class that would fly like a 6/5/0/.5-1. The Servo is the closest I have found but it can have a bit too much turn has a tick too much LSS, especially when new. Some have called this an OS Relay. It has been harder to find a consistent Crave to fit that spot. I know others have suggested a Reactor, which is also nice, but sometimes I much prefer a driver rim for some shots rather than a mid that tends to need more height and room to work. I have a few beat in Servos that are working fine, but they have to be beat in to get the flight I am looking for. The Servos have also be a bit inconsistent, but the newer FN ones seem to be pretty spot on across different runs. I have an older 150-class Servo that is FAF and so OS that it makes my Resistor look straight.

I wondered about the Crave too if he'd tried it. My experience with the Crave is that it has better stability and a bit more lateral movement.. Good wind resistance, my eclipse SE's are close enough to be a stable Relay complement but they don't glide as far, I come up 30-40' shorter with them but they are always in the fairway. Good disc that kind of slips in and out of the bag.

From the looks of things with a little jump up in speed and the -2 turn instead of -3 the Drift on paper looks like a good disc to throw flat for a straight flight.

The Relay is just awesome, it's always in the bag. The amount of turn you can get on it without burning and the way you can control the fade or lack of, makes it a super fun disc. It shapes lines the same way a Comet does and requires low armspeed. I get laser straight throws usually with a touch of hyzer or nose up. I love a fresh Relay and that touch of late hookup fade... I'd like something that kept that a little longer.

I thought you threw 150 Class N Craves? As close as i have seen. A Mantis is slightly similar as well.

If you want to go a bit longer, heavy N Inertia or Z Heat.

Last edited:
The Servo was a lot of beef for me.. But it was a while back and it was warped when it showed up... the guy that's got it throws it well FH.

My Craves are all over the map.. My proton 165 is real beefy, my neutron 162 (?) Is perfect, my 152 Plasma had good stability but wasn't the right bet (kinda weird stable in ultra light) unless I broke it in more just stable straight, my 155 eclipse SE's are great with just a little less stability than the neutron.

In conclusion if my Relays are 155-165... the 157 eclipse SE Crave is an excellent next step up in stability it just falls short 30' and I have trouble getting over it and doing the smart thing but as soon as it's getting windy I'm happy to have it. (When I have it)

Yeah I love my inertias too... I probably don't need a drift haha. Right now my main drivers are Relays 155 and 165 and a 155 and 162 fission Tesla's.

Last edited:
...Essentially I wanted to have something in the 16mm class that would fly like a 6/5/0/.5-1. The Servo is the closest I have found...
I want the same thing and also landed on the Servo. I love speed 6 & 7 drivers and the Servo is my go-to fairway in my Gyro bag. A Drift complements the Servo(s).

Having said that, so many people are talking up the Relay that I feel like I need to get some :)

I have a few Craves and they are OK but didn't really wow me like the Servo/Drift combo. Crave goes in the bag sometimes. usually when I don't mind carrying lots of discs. If I'm going minimal, the Craves stay home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts