• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part V)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its pretty old. Appearently they were testing cosmic for awhile too

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

I caved and bought a mystery box from DZ Discs. It was $10 more expensive from them, but they're sold out everywhere else that I see. That's what I get for snoozing. I had to get on they hype train though. Lots of em that I've seen were a lot better than I expected. I just didn't want to pay $100 for a bunch of 14-speed drivers that I can't throw. Pretty excited. Maybe I'll get one of those uplinks!

I'm hopingnto get an Uplink and Neutron/Fission blend Tesla.

The beauty is real!
ad8d3ca59ef8a0a8ca37d20995ec15ca.jpg
8054c86036c79d027246efbb3db5800c.jpg
2e9df13294736afc653136d8a40208d5.jpg
39683f01e4cd477a7f18916ad1123c86.jpg
5530b4722d9752e0ae8d5f0cc94f28f9.jpg
04cd86039a4a21b3b1938073346bd6d4.jpg
260ad2a178d34cd250861d38e9ca8742.jpg

Well.. I ordered an eclipse reactor $$25 cad 4 to ship... it'll be fun but so redundant yet glowy

Hit my 1st hole with my yellow "yard" ohm. Quick ace.. Tried keeping score, gave up. Dog was too crazy, there was a lot of stick in between. 10min between holes. Chunked along, took a provisional I don't want to shoot over the pond teeoff point, banged it yellow ohm. Took my next drive missed but parked 4 ft away, did that again next hole.

Took a provisional I don't want to walk down the hill and up it again drive. Tight tunnel through the trees, not too long, really nice putt material, banged it. Dog came back from the swamp.... Threw awful.

Went back to hole 1, banged it again with the ohm! Went to hole in the 2 again, way too dark to throw a cosmic relay, didn't bang it. Looked for my disc for 10+ min. Found a beer and ordered pizza. But one legit ace first disc first throw, a bunch of near misses and "ace" putts. :)

Well.. I ordered an eclipse reactor $$25 cad 4 to ship... it'll be fun but so redundant yet glowy

Hit my 1st hole with my yellow "yard" ohm. Quick ace.. Tried keeping score, gave up. Dog was too crazy, there was a lot of stick in between. 10min between holes. Chunked along, took a provisional I don't want to shoot over the pond teeoff point, banged it yellow ohm. Took my next drive missed but parked 4 ft away, did that again next hole.

Took a provisional I don't want to walk down the hill and up it again drive. Tight tunnel through the trees, not too long, really nice putt material, banged it. Dog came back from the swamp.... Threw awful.

Went back to hole 1, banged it again with the ohm! Went to hole in the 2 again, way too dark to throw a cosmic relay, didn't bang it. Looked for my disc for 10+ min. Found a beer and ordered pizza. But one legit ace first disc first throw, a bunch of near misses and "ace" putts. :)

Casey?

Just did something kinda neat. I wiped the stamp off a few of my discs. Mostly lab 2nds I got in my mystery box that were cosmic neutron, but I also wiped my translucent purple proton volt. They look pretty sexy now. I'll post some pics later when they finish drying.

I used 100% acetone bought at Walgreens. I dabbed some on a cotton ball then swiftly applied to the stamp, rubbing it until the stamp was completely off. I had hot water running and quickly washed the ink off so it didn't stain the flight plate, and voila! The acetone did not harm the color of the plastic at all, just removed the ink from the stamp. There is still a "ghost" of the stamp on each disc where it made an imprint on the disc, but it's not noticeable unless you really inspect the disc, and having "ghost" stamps is pretty sweet anyway.

I did mess up my reactor a little. It's a cream color and I just didn't get all the ink off quickly enough. It's faint, but if you look close there is a noticeable watercolor-looking ink blob. The rest of em I tried came out great!

Here's the discs I wiped today:

https://imgur.com/gallery/cv3U4fN

In order:
Cosmic Neutron Insanity
Fission Tesla
Cosmic Neutron Photon
Cosmic Neutron Reactor
Proton Insanity
Proton Volt

Most of them came out great. This project was inspired by wanting that purple Volt to be blank. These are all throwers so as long as they keep flyin' it's all good.

It's dead in here. Must be all the ugly cosmic releases - killing the good vibes. Too many people in the forest looking for fancy discs they can't find under the leaves? :p

I'm toying with bringing the weight back up from 157 to 168 on my drivers and shifting over to the Trace from the Wave. I'm spraying the Waves bad - I can't get the nose on a consistent enough plain to reliably throw the lower weight and combat the turn. Besides, I'm not convinced the Gyro does me any good at speed 11. I think it's actually killing the glide.

Ive heard good things about the Trace.. I just got my Reactor in the mail... threw it a few times. 175 is a little heavy for me to really tell what I think of it but it has a good forward fade. Feels a lot like a Buzzz, I don't think I will get the booming anhyzer :)

Yeah some of those Cosmic colours are Chuck crap hahaha I meant just crapped but they make nice wall hangers

Yeah some of those Cosmic colours are Chuck crap hahaha I meant just crapped but they make nice wall hangers

I think they are getting better tho. The new runs done in house should be better. I have a Cosmic Neutron Wave that's gorgeous. Bright baby blue and green/yellow swirled. Very pretty. They did say in one of the last videos that they are going to be doing a lot more brighter and vivid colors once production is running in house.

Nice yeah I've been on top of releases and grabbed some of the only good cosmic relays.. And the best of se teslas.

Threw the reactor more.. Got the nose down, got some turn. Man it is sneaky far! It was always 30' past where I was looking for it. The glow is pretty good too, charged it once on my headlight and threw it for 10-15 min.

The Reactor is pretty sweet. Basically flies like the 1st run Matrices before they broke into being flippy (especially those flat ones).

I think it holds its own in that Buzzz, Drift, EMac Truth, [insert any other 943754 straight mid here] department. I'm almost tempted to get a new Matrix though to see if they're any different though. I haven't thrown any Matrices since those Circuit Race protons.

The Reactor is pretty sweet. Basically flies like the 1st run Matrices before they broke into being flippy (especially those flat ones).

I think it holds its own in that Buzzz, Drift, EMac Truth, [insert any other 943754 straight mid here] department. I'm almost tempted to get a new Matrix though to see if they're any different though. I haven't thrown any Matrices since those Circuit Race protons.

I carry the First Run SE Neutron Matrix with the pop tops - the Reactor flies as far but it's far touchier. I prefer the FRs. Where the Reactor shines is when I want to fly dead straight down the left hand of a fairway and then turn out anhyzer. It'll take that OAT line really well. On a Hyzer or Flex approach, i stick with my Matrix.

Ive heard good things about the Trace..

Numbers resemble a Wraith - which is a driver I carried over 10 years. My opinions of Gyro drivers have been pretty meh so far. I've got a Boss I picked up off the course not long ago and I throw it an extra 20-30' on my Waves. Roughly same weight. I've got some beat to hell - I don't know what - for the water holes - It goes further than any of my MVP drivers. :gross:

Status
Not open for further replies.