• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part V)

Status
Not open for further replies.
They typically don't give out much info until the next release is announced. In this case, they have been revamping their ordering system and announced last week that there May release will be delayed a bit.

Which means we're probably 6 - 8 months from their next new release - given they can't keep any discs in stock anywhere. :wall:

Good round today - hadn't thrown in a while. Mid and putter-heavy course (for me) but I got a couple shots in with both the Proton Wave and Crave - both around 164 wt. Bumping up 7 grams and switching to Proton from Neutron has really helped with these two molds. I'm short-arming the Wave in the 375' range pretty consistently. The new Crave is a bullet at 300-325' when I don't have room to work a Matrix. I still need to find a super-light Trace (164-165) - I honestly don't think they exist.

Good round today - hadn't thrown in a while. Mid and putter-heavy course (for me) but I got a couple shots in with both the Proton Wave and Crave - both around 164 wt. Bumping up 7 grams and switching to Proton from Neutron has really helped with these two molds. I'm short-arming the Wave in the 375' range pretty consistently. The new Crave is a bullet at 300-325' when I don't have room to work a Matrix. I still need to find a super-light Trace (164-165) - I honestly don't think they exist.

The website says they make them 164-175g... but even Infinite only has two at 166g and they're both proton.

I did find one yellow 166g N Trace on ebay

Weren't you all discussing an Eclipse 2.0 Trace? That sounds fun... they seemed to "trial" it with the Mint Mantra release for a driver. I could have no idea what I'm talking about, though.

Apologies, I meant the TSA Mantra for the glow single-mold example.

Speaking of Traces, though, does anyone find Proton SL "slippery?" I love the way it flies but it is a slippery sucker.

Apologies, I meant the TSA Mantra for the glow single-mold example.

Speaking of Traces, though, does anyone find Proton SL "slippery?" I love the way it flies but it is a slippery sucker.

Proton SL?

I actually find the proton plastic very grippy for a champ type plastic.

The Plasma on the other hand....is basically like holding a stick of butter.

The SL part? Proton Streamline is how I always read it...

I actually find all the SL plastics a bit slick. I have two Neutron Traces, some Proton Traces, one Plasma Pilot, and three Eclipse Stabilizers. I find the latter to be the most grippy of the Streamline discs owned. I actually reverted to old Discmania DDs that I found in my storage in place of the Trace.

I have also experienced newer Cosmic Neutron (Insanities are all that I have) as a little slippery. It also feels firmer than my older Neutron Insanities.

Both are very solid plastic choices... I think you can probably shape the same shots with either. My vote would be eclipse just to spite B.B! They tend to mold up with a bit more shoulder and a touch more glide but really it comes down to which you prefer for feel. I've found soft N doesn't play well with other envy in the bag. It's just a little different with a touch less HSS... but that's also because I have a stack of plasma and eclipse and only one soft n.

If I had it to do over I probably would have just bagged neutron, maybe. Haha.

Threw the Eclipse in the bag and it played surprisingly well with the Harp. Backhand I can't throw the Harp much over 270 and it fades really hard, the Envy helped me a ton on rifle wooded holes where it had to go straight for a long way.

I even putted with it twice when the wind was intense and I was afraid my Swans would get blown around.

Didn't realize how much I had missed the Envy and now wonder why I stopped bagging them...

MVP Black Hole Gravity

We're planning on upgrading the baskets at the Central Assembly of God DGC https://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=11094 and I've been doing some research on less expensive, permanent installation baskets. The specs on the Gravity seemed nice for the cost and I got to play on them yesterday at HASD DGC. https://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=10894

Let me say that I was impressed. I threw a bunch of putts on them... from hard to soft, low to high, left to right, flat to hyzer. They caught almost everything quite well. With super hard "putts" I only got a couple bounce backs off the pole. With more reasonable speed I had no issues with bounce backs. I had no issues with cut throughs to speak of. The sliding link seemed to help absorb the power, even on high putts. They definitely didn't like weak side putts, but what basket really does?

So unless something changes my mind, we will probably be getting these once we get the funds raised. We would probably go with the "traditional" yellow color.

picture.php

picture.php

Grabbed an eclipse Envy on a whim and shot my best round ever when I took it out for a one disc round.

Been looking around for a Reactor to try out but they're out of stock everywhere I've looked. Are they OOP or am I just late to the party like I was with the envy?

Grabbed an eclipse Envy on a whim and shot my best round ever when I took it out for a one disc round.

Been looking around for a Reactor to try out but they're out of stock everywhere I've looked. Are they OOP or am I just late to the party like I was with the envy?

They are sold out because everyone loves them, definitely not OOP.

Outta stock. They'll be back

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

The website says they make them 164-175g... but even Infinite only has two at 166g and they're both proton.

I did find one yellow 166g N Trace on ebay

If you aren't absolutely dead set on 164-5g, one of the local shops has several 167g in multiple plastics...including Hokom Cosmic Neutrons.

https://hazyshade.com/collections/d...AND_Streamline&pf_t_mold_name=MOLD+NAME_Trace

They claim 164 but I've never seen one below 166 and I've been looking for over a year. My guess - that's a false claim.

Sorry if this is well discussed in this gigantic thread, but I want to run the Atom as a main driving putter. What is the proper OS compliment, the Particle, Entropy, or other? Needs to be more OS than an Envy.

Sorry if this is well discussed in this gigantic thread, but I want to run the Atom as a main driving putter. What is the proper OS compliment, the Particle, Entropy, or other? Needs to be more OS than an Envy.

Can't go wrong with either... Though the Entropy at speed 4, it's almost more like a mid than a putter. If you like the Streamline discs, the Stabilizer is another option and is also a 3 speed.

I don't think the particle is really appreciably more OS than an envy. Id look at the entropy or stabilizer.

I drive the Atom - then I bump up to Matrix / Crave for anything outside it's reach. I use Neutron Entropy for my OS - utility / putter. Great for hard lefts out to about 250', forehand rollers, flex shots, etc. That would be my recommended disc.

Status
Not open for further replies.