• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part V)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played Chattahoochee Pointe last night. New course to me and thoroughly enjoyable. The usual suspects performed well, especially the Wave in the longer 4s and 5s, but the Plasma Trace may have been the highlight among the less often deployed. Perfect stability to drop late fades into the circle. Was toying with taking it out, but the Trace and Defy feel like the right set of shapes to complement the Wave as my primary/neutral 11.

picture.php

Tonight's load out.... Could probably do without the tesla :D but I need a driver every 5 holes.

I kinda talked some shot, kinda feel like it's time to try 3 molds, I'll add the electron envy and maybe the fission 155 fr tesla and call it a 3 mold bag... might knock in the relay for league... haha. But that's it.. 170g uplink soft neutron in the mail... could probably do a solid bag out of doubles or triple 3 mold combo's.

Based on two forehand flexes with the OTB Glow yesterday, and how I remember my CN Wave was flying when new, I'd say they're pretty close in stability. The guy who has it has given up on fission and plasma Waves, and he was happy with the glow, saying it could take some heat. He throws around 450. On another positive note, the glow Wave felt less slippery than my glow reactor, for some reason.

I picked up a glow reactor a week ago Friday and they throw sweet and straight. I threw a few practice throws on a field, and the next morning decided to use it on the course poling two throws, and another faded away. Decided I needed to go back to PIAS and pick up the other one for backup, and it was still there a few days later. I'll be looking for the glow wave you mentioned.

Maybe only a dozen throws with the Pyro as I'm trying to manage/rest the elbow during the week. I've been using a Runway in the OS mid slot and generally get along with it pretty well. I can turn it over pretty quickly though if I lean into it, and I can underpower it pretty quickly when I think about turning it over. This feels a little stiffer to me with more high speed stability on first impression. It's funny because I didn't connect with either the proton or neutron much at all.

In stores now. I am skipping this one for now.

Just traded some tourney swag for one. My 11 speeds are pretty locked in but I really wanted to try this one.

Feels awesome, shape reminds me of a wider rim Volt.

Just traded some tourney swag for one. My 11 speeds are pretty locked in but I really wanted to try this one.

Feels awesome, shape reminds me of a wider rim Volt.

If I had more into the wind drives, I would get one. I just rarely have to deal with that. I will monitor in case there's any kind of trend re: dome, color, plastic etc.

The TK review is out on the Zenith. Man am I ever disappointed. Left of the Photon which I have always felt was too far from the Wave. Oh well.

I wouldn't necessarily write it off that quickly. I heard about the Terra, hated what it sounds like it was, then tried one because the SE stamp was legit and instantly loved it, especially into the wind.

I feel like more of a mortal than some of the vloggers out there, but I'm no slouch. I can throw a wave 400-450, I can throw my envy 250-280... but the photon is 11 5 -1 2.5, right? I bought it thinking it would be a good compliment to the wave but they always felt OS to me. I had a 169g Neutron (2019), i bought two fission photons (155g, 170g) and most recently bought another Neutron (169g). At no point did it feel good in my hand, at no point could i even get the -1 turn. The 155g photon came the closest, I think I was able to eek out a -0.5 turn on full rips where it was carrying 380-400. But man I really had to rip to get it to do that, no where near the S flights that people talk about. Maybe I release on a tad bit hyzer? idk, but I think I throw it pretty flat.

Bottom line, I could throw Fireballs/Firebirds/Predators etc., to pretty much the same spot in the field as the photon. Most days the photon was straight for about 30-40% and then started hyzering out hard to the left.

For a while I used CN and Plasma Traces and that filled the 11 speed gap well enough but then I tried a fission wave and it was amazing so I bagged that and eventually bagged a 2 Zeus(es) to cover the left finishing shots. The Zeus is OK, really nothing against it but I bought a fission octane and dropped one zeus and then tried a proton octane and dropped the other.

But still missing that left finishing speed 11 disc and was much anticipating the arrival of the Zenith. I bought two today, 173g and 169g and they are sweet. The feel a bit similar to the photon, the way the rim hits my knuckles and the curve to the flight plate to give it that nice fade at the end. But it's a more muted feel, altogether more comfortable than the Photon.

As far as flight goes I definitely could see the -0.5, a heck of a lot more consistently than the photon's purported -1. I even had a couple flip up just barely. But the biggest difference was that I could immediately start hitting the 380-420' range on my first throws. That was something I could barely, if ever (read 1 time with a 155g Photon). It does have a very consistent fade and I wouldn't call it small.

I've never vibed with discs like the Eagle/Tesla/Photon but have loved discs like the Teebird/Volt and now Zenith.

If I had more into the wind drives, I would get one. I just rarely have to deal with that. I will monitor in case there's any kind of trend re: dome, color, plastic etc..

For me, even without wind, the wave can be pretty flippy and so can my fission Octane. So I have a proton Octane and these Neutron Zenith's to give me that dependable left fade without worrying it will flip over. i did see one today in my local shop, all black with a gold stamp and it was sickkkk...but i just can't buy discs that I am not going to throw so I passed on it. May regret that one later.

If I had more into the wind drives, I would get one. I just rarely have to deal with that. I will monitor in case there's any kind of trend re: dome, color, plastic etc.

Threw it in the field with a couple nice Wraiths and a Grace. Short review - it flies like a slightly OS Wraith for me. I'm FH dominant and can throw Wraiths 350+, Grace a bit further. My numbers for the Zenith would be 11/4/-.50/2.5.

Was definitely getting a little better distance and glide with the Wraith and Grace, Zenith might be a different animal if you throw 400+ or after some wear.

Thanks for the Intel folks!!! Happy to hear about the terra and zenith. I think they are refining their ability to make workhorses. I will continue trying the fission 155 octane as I am not clocking the same distances.

I was extremely pleased with the fission octane and the dome. It regulates it away from flipping into the ground and is still hugely usable for a 300' cheater.

Careful what you wish for with a "flippy" octane. It's a disc meant to be thrown from close to flat thru hyzer. It is not an anny cheater like a mayhem.

Damn it! I just found a couple that look sweet, had to grab them. Fore it flies close to the numbers, more so than most MVP discs I bag.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Damn it! I just found a couple that look sweet, had to grab them. Fore it flies close to the numbers, more so than most MVP discs I bag.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Lol I was lucky my local shop had some sweet ones. I always like to have at least one of each disc in white or pink since it's easy to find for me and it turns out I got both and one that is swirly. There was a real nice white SE with teal foil stamp that was sick but i wanted to get a swirly neutron if possible

Edit:

Look at this beauty
https://yeetstreetdiscs.com/collect...ts/special-edition-neutron-zenith-mvp-171-02g

These zeniths came out sooo nice

Status
Not open for further replies.