• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part V)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another couple solid rounds at East Roswell and Oregon with the Proxy in particular. Just a fantastic combination of floaty and reliable where I can pick an apex on anhyzer and know that I'm going to threaten the basket at least anywhere from 40 to 80 feet. That disc, along with the Envy, are making things much calmer from maybe 180 in. The game's more interesting and honestly more fun with a regular, reasonable chance at a successful outcome.

picture.php

When you are digging out a boat motor, and realize it's been a shelf for you fr soft 170 ion that you should have been nicer to. :D

Bonus points for spotting the dog...

No one wants to play spot the dog? Haha..

On a disc golf related note, played a 4 disc 3 mold bag... envy neutron/ soft electron, 180 soft uplink, plasma 155 tesla.. My course, +2 handicap.. Shot 11 under in dubs, ctp playoff for second, caught an uplink ctp as well.

Granted it's home turf but feeling pretty good on the small bag. Used the uplink for the first 5 approaches and at least another 7 after that. Really feeling it :D

Gifted my old faded double nutsac (still intact after 6+ yrs) to a guy using a 5 gallon pail. Good day :) bucket guy is what they called him haha.

Doggie sighting to the right of the boat but I'm guessing maybe a glimmer of one of the chicken coop. Loving the uplink lately. So much more reliable than a paradox for me. Just got done testing out the zenith and it's a solid 11 speed. Liking it way more than the photon.

Liking the Zenith better after bagging it for a somewhat windy round yesterday. Definitely needs to get up to speed to see any turn but it went far with a solid FH rip. I'll revise my initial glide numbers from a 4 to a 5. Feels great with a FH power grip.

I need another 11 speed driver like I need a hole in the head but I could easily drop this into my OS Wraith slot.

No one wants to play spot the dog? Haha..

On a disc golf related note, played a 4 disc 3 mold bag... envy neutron/ soft electron, 180 soft uplink, plasma 155 tesla.. My course, +2 handicap.. Shot 11 under in dubs, ctp playoff for second, caught an uplink ctp as well.

Granted it's home turf but feeling pretty good on the small bag. Used the uplink for the first 5 approaches and at least another 7 after that. Really feeling it :D

Gifted my old faded double nutsac (still intact after 6+ yrs) to a guy using a 5 gallon pail. Good day :) bucket guy is what they called him haha.

Looks like he's over by the stairs!

Realizing over the past few weeks that I'm basically content with my bag. I have all the tools I need to do the things that are within my ability. Really happy - not necessarily with where my game's at but definitely with the trajectory. Acquiring is fun. Accomplishing's even better, so here's to unlocking the next stage.

Fission plastic may be my new favorite plastic.

I throw a Cosmic Neutron Insanity (RHFH), and because it's a 9 speed and I have a noodle arm, the disc is 158 grams. Love it, throw it well.

The other day I was in Spinners On The Green (my local disc shop in Scottsdale AZ), and Keith recommended I try the Fission plastic. So I bought one in 164 - he suggested I go a bit heavier than the 155 range and I did want one with a bit more weight for headwinds.

Got to a spot on the course where I would normally throw my 158 Insanity and pulled out the Fission one. Dang, it felt lighter than the 158 one. I threw it the same and that disc flew further than where I get with the lighter weight one, but with the same effort.

Need to get more throws in, but Fission plastic seems to make the disc feel lighter and take less effort to get a good throw.

Fission plastic may be my new favorite plastic.

Need to get more throws in, but Fission plastic seems to make the disc feel lighter and take less effort to get a good throw.

I think the biggest 'gain' in Fission plastic is the flight characteristics. I have thrown light weight discs from other manufacturers and there is a very clear and definitive stability difference and it's usually not close. But with Fission plastic from MVP, even at the lighter weights the discs fly pretty close to their max weight counterparts.

I stopped throwing the insanity before it came out in fission but I am looking forward to see which discs get the fission treatment. I am loving the fission octane, wave, volt, and reactor. I am curious to see if the hex, envy/proxy get fission releases.

Beyond the throwing characteristics it's actually a really unique type of premium plastic. I really like the feel, the stiffness/flexibility, the grip..but for a premium plastic it's ever so slightly less durable than the neutron plastic so it breaks in quicker.

I think the biggest 'gain' in Fission plastic is the flight characteristics. I have thrown light weight discs from other manufacturers and there is a very clear and definitive stability difference and it's usually not close. But with Fission plastic from MVP, even at the lighter weights the discs fly pretty close to their max weight counterparts.

I stopped throwing the insanity before it came out in fission but I am looking forward to see which discs get the fission treatment. I am loving the fission octane, wave, volt, and reactor. I am curious to see if the hex, envy/proxy get fission releases.

Beyond the throwing characteristics it's actually a really unique type of premium plastic. I really like the feel, the stiffness/flexibility, the grip..but for a premium plastic it's ever so slightly less durable than the neutron plastic so it breaks in quicker.

I've only thrown my Fission Insanity twice (the course I played didn't have enough holes where I would normally throw the Insanity). I'm planning on doing some field work with it and comparing it to the Cosmic Neutron. But, like you, there is just something about the feel that I like...the disc just feels 'right' to me. I've gotten a Neutron Reactor recently and may give a Fission Reactor a try.

I'm a recent convert to gyro discs and I'm loving them. Started with just a Servo and now have the Insanity, Rhythm, Servo, Reactor, Hex, and Atom in my bag. Interesting thing is that now I'm looking at the MVP/Axiom lists to see what gyro discs may replace non-gyro discs in my bag.

When they started to produce lightweight drivers (specifically the inertia) I started the bag shift.. I was pretty happy to get those 155's.

The mids I waited a long time for something I was really into again, I loved the axis when I had more arm and loved the Tangent before there was an envy. The new generation is as good as promised and the lighter weight ones like a fission 155 reactor really opens it up to more throwers. The uplink has been a huge disc for me, it's just so easy to throw it bends and shapes some awesome understable lines without being a flipturd.

Fission has been a huge advancement for my bag, letting me get the lighter weights I want for discs I probably shouldn't have haha. Fizz Octane FTW :D

It's a very well filled out lineup, very happy with how far they've come.

When they started to produce lightweight drivers (specifically the inertia) I started the bag shift.. I was pretty happy to get those 155's.

The mids I waited a long time for something I was really into again, I loved the axis when I had more arm and loved the Tangent before there was an envy. The new generation is as good as promised and the lighter weight ones like a fission 155 reactor really opens it up to more throwers. The uplink has been a huge disc for me, it's just so easy to throw it bends and shapes some awesome understable lines without being a flipturd.

Fission has been a huge advancement for my bag, letting me get the lighter weights I want for discs I probably shouldn't have haha. Fizz Octane FTW :D

It's a very well filled out lineup, very happy with how far they've come.

The Inertia....that was one of my first gyro discs. That and the Fireball. Figured they would be perfect for me as they were almost table top flat and I like a flat disc for my forehand. Not! Couldn't throw either worth a darn. They found their way to other owners. Then the Servo came into my life and it hasn't been the same since.

I'm still working on gyro with a RHBH....I'm just not completely there yet and figured that gyro would only be for forehands. I like flat tops for forehands and domes for backhands. But then the Rhythm came into my life and that works wonders backhand. So now I'm rethinking everything. Eventually I may have a gyro only bag. Especially if I can get everything in Fission plastic and Fission plastic isn't a short-time, special run. (Please MVP/Axiom - my noodle arm loves Fission plastic).

The Inertia....that was one of my first gyro discs. That and the Fireball. Figured they would be perfect for me as they were almost table top flat and I like a flat disc for my forehand. Not! Couldn't throw either worth a darn. They found their way to other owners. Then the Servo came into my life and it hasn't been the same since.

I'm still working on gyro with a RHBH....I'm just not completely there yet and figured that gyro would only be for forehands. I like flat tops for forehands and domes for backhands. But then the Rhythm came into my life and that works wonders backhand. So now I'm rethinking everything. Eventually I may have a gyro only bag. Especially if I can get everything in Fission plastic and Fission plastic isn't a short-time, special run. (Please MVP/Axiom - my noodle arm loves Fission plastic).

Nice!!!!

FWIW and no offense or assumptions :) but many people tend to throw a little nose up because they are used to a disc flipping, Gyro hates nose up, I always feel the need to reiterate this PSA every time people have problems.

Yeah I'm really liking the soft neutron and the fission for the grip and flex.

I will be curious how the fission insanity works out for you.. It's a totally different disc from the inertia. It seems hyzer flip people like it better.

Nice!!!!

FWIW and no offense or assumptions :) but many people tend to throw a little nose up because they are used to a disc flipping, Gyro hates nose up, I always feel the need to reiterate this PSA every time people have problems.

Yeah I'm really liking the soft neutron and the fission for the grip and flex.

I will be curious how the fission insanity works out for you.. It's a totally different disc from the inertia. It seems hyzer flip people like it better.

I'm thinking that the issue for me with the Fireball at least was that it was just too overstable for me. I lean more to the stable/understable discs. My overstable discs are usually in the x/x/0/2 area and nothing more overstable than that. I happened to be looking for an overstable forehand driver and thought the Fireball would be it; but the combo of a noodle arm and the overstability of it just worked against me. I don't recall the weight of my Inertia, but being a 10 speed it was probably too heavy and too high of a speed for me. When I get above 8 speed, I really need the lighter weight discs.

My wife doesn't have a big arm but bags a light weight Fireball as her utility disc. She pretty much only uses it for low skip shots or to hyzer over stuff but occasionally if we're dealing with stupid winds she'll throw it off the tee. I used to bag one just for thumbers and it was excellent for that.

Would a cosmic neutron Relay typically be more overstable when new than a neutron Crave of the same weight? I just picked up the Relay hoping to have something I could flip reliably, and it's definitely more overstable than my Crave is. Is mine a mutant, or is the cosmic really just that much more overstable?

I also have a light weight fireball, it's a pig of a disc. It flies exactly as far as as much power you give it. It doesn't glide it cuts... but when the wind is blowing it stays on the line and actually extends it.

Got a new uplink coming, 166 soft from SheDyzer discs

picture.php

The first couple runs of relay in cosmic were very stable, it was the first relays through the new machines. Those things are great.. It also depends which crave you own haha

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.