• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part V)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So since it looks like plasma entropies will be coming at some point how does the entropy compare to a zone? I like that the gyro mids feel more driver like in the hand for a FH grip, side profile of the entropy doesn't look as blunt as the zone.

I found the entropy to be a lot like the envy with hand feel a little shallower. Really like the hand feel.

I threw the hell out of zones, from the very early flat top runs. Loved em, power hungry, nice and straight and short/rangeable, FH and wind capable.

I haven't thrown my neutron se entropy a whole lot since its not something I need a lot though with winter and wind picking up it will see more play especially as a wind putter..

I'd say entropy flies like a broken in zone with a little more panning fade and more distance potential. The thing I find really impressive is although I can still FH it and approach like it's a zone it is very straight and glidey for putting (for an os putter). It's almost a seamless transition for me under 40' I need to throw a touch harder and flatter but it makes a lot of putts just like it was an envy, the feels familiar. Surprised me since it can handle a good bit of torque and angle and always fade back.

I support more ohm production! !!!!!! Stupid nomad taking up all the machines!

Ahhh gotcha. I don't know if the Tesla will work for the shot I'm trying to hit then...I was looking for a speed 10 (ish) that I could put on flex lines. My Wraths are great, but won't hook back out of a hard anny line and the Fireball has too much fade for that shot (from what I remember of it)

Tesla's glide better than Wraths do, Wrath is straighter Tesla more S, and more fade. For the line your describing is look for a heavier Neutron or Fission Tesla with as much dome as you can get (OTB is useful for this, when in stock).

FWIW my new eclipse Insanity is basically a Wrath, it's shorter (less glide) and more stable than any other Insanity I own.

I found the entropy to be a lot like the envy with hand feel a little shallower. Really like the hand feel.

I threw the hell out of zones, from the very early flat top runs. Loved em, power hungry, nice and straight and short/rangeable, FH and wind capable.

I haven't thrown my neutron se entropy a whole lot since its not something I need a lot though with winter and wind picking up it will see more play especially as a wind putter..

I'd say entropy flies like a broken in zone with a little more panning fade and more distance potential. The thing I find really impressive is although I can still FH it and approach like it's a zone it is very straight and glidey for putting (for an os putter). It's almost a seamless transition for me under 40' I need to throw a touch harder and flatter but it makes a lot of putts just like it was an envy, the feels familiar. Surprised me since it can handle a good bit of torque and angle and always fade back.

I support more ohm production! !!!!!! Stupid nomad taking up all the machines!

I haven't been throwing my zone a lot lately, mostly due to trying to get a feel for my proxies and 2.0 envy. I've got an upper 160's soft cosmic electron envy also but by it doesn't get thrown a lot because the flight is fairly close to my fresh heavy plasma proxy. It's funny because I think I actually flick the plasma proxy better than the 2.0 envy…probably because I know the proxy is dead straight and subconsciously I'm trying to throw the envy like a zone, and in reality it's just not nearly as beefy.

I wasn't sure how beefy the entropy really was. I love throwing the pyro and deflector FH and was hoping the entropy would be similar just shorter. I actually get more distance with a zone than deflector.

Is the Ohm on the shallower end also? Seems like it, the proxy, and atom all have similar flights. Just different depths and hand feel?

I haven't been throwing my zone a lot lately, mostly due to trying to get a feel for my proxies and 2.0 envy. I've got an upper 160's soft cosmic electron envy also but by it doesn't get thrown a lot because the flight is fairly close to my fresh heavy plasma proxy. It's funny because I think I actually flick the plasma proxy better than the 2.0 envy…probably because I know the proxy is dead straight and subconsciously I'm trying to throw the envy like a zone, and in reality it's just not nearly as beefy.

I wasn't sure how beefy the entropy really was. I love throwing the pyro and deflector FH and was hoping the entropy would be similar just shorter. I actually get more distance with a zone than deflector.

Is the Ohm on the shallower end also? Seems like it, the proxy, and atom all have similar flights. Just different depths and hand feel?

I haven't gone pyro or deflector yet. The entropy isn't quite that OS kinda forgiving. It's good and stable but I'd say the tolerance is like 30 degrees, not like a zone where you can torque it like 60 degrees over and it still fades. I dunno it takes some torque but it's not ridiculous.

Ohm is very envy feeling, probably a waste of time if you like your proxy. It has a totally square inner rim, but it does the same thing.

So since it looks like plasma entropies will be coming at some point how does the entropy compare to a zone? I like that the gyro mids feel more driver like in the hand for a FH grip, side profile of the entropy doesn't look as blunt as the zone.

Entropy feels more like a putter than a mid.

Even though i didn't get to throw it much, i always thought Entropy and the Tangent would pair well together. They are both straddling the line between mids and putters and also have similar shallow putter type feel in the hand.

I've heard they are similar and while I have thrown the entropy I have not thrown the zone. Personally the entropy didn't turn out to be what I wanted. It seemed to almost glide and fly too far. I got it for a nice utility overstable putter role that could really yank around some obstacles. As it stands I have a pyro and a proton envy which sort of bracket the role the entropy was occupying. I've since bought an A2 which is more what I was after in terms of being a total beef cake of a disc. So it really depends on what you are after. If you want something a little longer than an envy but shorter than a mid but overstable the entropy is a very good choice.

Limited time with a Zone but I think the Entropy's probably straighter. Not understable, but the fade's pretty gentle. Agree that it's more of a putter. For me, the dividing line is that I can pop or punch it better than I can throw it.

My *favorite* approach disc. I also have a Harp and a Tactic in the basket at home and a Pyro in the bag if I need something with a little more reach. But the Entropy goes where I think it should most of the time.

Since their release, I've longed for MVP to take the Entropy Core and wrap it with the Atom's rim shape for the ultimate driving putter. I throw the Entropy a lot. It's a putter I can really torque on and shape lines. It's also a killer forehand roller. So I use it in a lot of utility situations as well. I've carried both Plasma and Neutron - but I favor the Neutron. It's long hitting 275-300' for me but will dump at the finish and sit the hell down. I personally pair it with Neutron atoms which are far straighter - but similar in length.

Anyone seen the new blue glowing eclipse that leaked? Those look pretty sweet!

Picked one up the other day. It's plenty bright and a bit beefy.

My other takeaway is that the Uplink is an absolute rockstar! I'd describe it as understable on demand, but not so flippy that it's not useable. Thrown on a similar line, angle and amount of power to the Paradox, the Uplink came back slightly at the end of the flight, where the Paradox wanted to just KEEP turning right (RHBH) until it settled to the ground. Both Uplink and Paradox will settle into slots to the understable side of the whichever out of Buzzz/Hex/Reactor are in the bag ATM and wait for utility opportunities.

Picked one up the other day. It's plenty bright and a bit beefy.

My other takeaway is that the Uplink is an absolute rockstar! I'd describe it as understable on demand, but not so flippy that it's not useable. Thrown on a similar line, angle and amount of power to the Paradox, the Uplink came back slightly at the end of the flight, where the Paradox wanted to just KEEP turning right (RHBH) until it settled to the ground. Both Uplink and Paradox will settle into slots to the understable side of the whichever out of Buzzz/Hex/Reactor are in the bag ATM and wait for utility opportunities.

To be fair I haven't got out and thrown a lot in the last couple weeks, but the one thing I wasn't digging with the paradox was how quick it wanted to start turning over. It wasn't necessarily turn and burn flippy, but did seem like it started it's turn fairly early in its flight.

Like I said though, I haven't been out much to tinker with hyzer angles and power levels. I'm hoping the uplink will ride straight a bit further before wanting to turn?

Paradox doesn't feel bad in the hand, but the one uplink I've felt was nice also. Kinda on the fence for a gyro box, but only if I think I'll like the uplink more than the paradox.

Anyone have any idea when the Uplink is likely to be available for purchase? And, y'know, all the other MVP/Axiom discs I throw and would like to buy a ton of backups for . . .

dehaas;3770409 Paradox doesn't feel bad in the hand said:
I was holding a gyro box in my hand yesterday...but I've done considerable damage to my disc golf budget this fall and couldn't pull the trigger. I will say I was where you are at in terms of thinking on the paradox a few weeks ago. But then I lost mine under a bed of leaves and I don't think I've ever searched so long for a disc. It's not my most used midrange but man, when I need it, it's amazing to have around. I still want to try the uplink as well...but there is something about the paradox that is just nice.

I was holding a gyro box in my hand yesterday...but I've done considerable damage to my disc golf budget this fall and couldn't pull the trigger. I will say I was where you are at in terms of thinking on the paradox a few weeks ago. But then I lost mine under a bed of leaves and I don't think I've ever searched so long for a disc. It's not my most used midrange but man, when I need it, it's amazing to have around. I still want to try the uplink as well...but there is something about the paradox that is just nice.
I use the Uplink for shots when I use a run up. The Paradox is now a standstill utility disc. It saved par for me on 3 occasions this Saturday.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

The Uploml got me 3 birdie looks this Saturday. On converted 1, but that is good for me. I don't have a forehand and the Uplink & Paradox have opened up my game tons. The Signal is right up there too, I just bagged 1 a couple of weeks ago.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

I think that the Paradox and the Uplink could exist in the same bag. My experience is that the paradox wants to turn more and fade less than the Uplink on the same kind of line. My next flippiest mid is a Kasatplast Seva, and they are all kind of touchy. I think it's mostly the archer in this case. But a consistent turnover mid will be super helpful for my LHBH only game.

Anyone have any idea when the Uplink is likely to be available for purchase? And, y'know, all the other MVP/Axiom discs I throw and would like to buy a ton of backups for . . .

All mvp said is it's your only chance for an uplink "for quite a while" ...

Feels nice, like a comet with rounded edges, haven't thrown it but used the paradox hard on Sunday dubs.. The paradox will turn right away, it's not burny but very turny, it reminds me of an improved lid. Throws a lot like my whitler with twice the distance and none of the "boink" . Really looking forward to the 165 paradox when I'm tired, it's fun trying to shape those shots but I'm not sure if it will find space, it's the least like a gyro disc they've made. Unless you have a beat to crap electron putter.

Ok so like f___n wow!!!! I got like 5 percent battery and maybe 20 throws in... the Uplink is nuts awesome!!!

Like seriously wow! I've jumped on bandwagon before... but man!

176g green neutron (feels weirdly grippy like a touch gummy.. Maybe it's just what a clean disc feels like!?)

Insane control! Intuitive like nothing you've thrown out of the box. I was hesitant about the weight but it flies great, hits putts as well so decent short distance.

Played paradox, uplink, hex tonight in my head it's like spin, ohm, envy.. The paradox actually got the most ctp's but that's not the point. The uplink can hold straight or touch of anny like a fiend! It does big anhyzers it can hyzer! Did some headwind and tailwind stuff decent, kinda messed with my non scientific results :) but still.. I didn't feel the one wind and I got an elevator down and up and down and it hit just short in line.

It goes straight with a wide range of low to high power, no adjustments required. Just wow, a line holding machine, ohm/tangent/comet/theory hybrid... no longer will their mids be a "cult" item!

Last edited:
All mvp said is it's your only chance for an uplink "for quite a while" ...

Feels nice, like a comet with rounded edges, haven't thrown it but used the paradox hard on Sunday dubs.. The paradox will turn right away, it's not burny but very turny, it reminds me of an improved lid. Throws a lot like my whitler with twice the distance and none of the "boink" . Really looking forward to the 165 paradox when I'm tired, it's fun trying to shape those shots but I'm not sure if it will find space, it's the least like a gyro disc they've made. Unless you have a beat to crap electron putter.

....so buy an Uplink for $140 and get 6 other discs thrown in for free? :D

the Uplink is nuts awesome!!!

Like seriously wow! I've jumped on bandwagon before... but man!

176g green neutron (feels weirdly grippy like a touch gummy.. Maybe it's just what a clean disc feels like!?)

Well shoot this is not helpful to me. I have access to a few gyro boxes and have been continuing to tell myself not to spend the 120, but this is making it harder to resist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts