• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part V)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope this question is allowed, please forgive if it isn't. I didn't wanna make a whole new thread, and I couldn't find anything in the search. I have an R2 Ion that I've fallen in love with as a throwing putter. on a whim I put it on the scale and it weighs 177 grams. is it still PDGA legal? I want to play in my first tournament this year, and I don't know if I'm allowed to bag it.

I don't think anyone will actually weigh your discs, especially at the lower level. There's also the possibility your scale is off. I would just assume it's good and forget you ever scaled it and throw the heck out of it. One of the local disc sellers I buy from online their scale is 2g heavier than mine. Try adding 2g to a disc haha, it's less than a penny worth of weight, you almost need to sprinkle sugar or something to add so little.

Anyhow throw the heck out of it, welcome to the gyro club and enjoy!

I don't think anyone will actually weigh your discs, especially at the lower level. There's also the possibility your scale is off. I would just assume it's good and forget you ever scaled it and throw the heck out of it. One of the local disc sellers I buy from online their scale is 2g heavier than mine. Try adding 2g to a disc haha, it's less than a penny worth of weight, you almost need to sprinkle sugar or something to add so little.

Anyhow throw the heck out of it, welcome to the gyro club and enjoy!

Thanks for the response!:thmbup: This disc has sent me fully on the Gyro hype train. (I swear it holds any line.), so I'm glad I don't have to trunk/shelve it.

Thanks for the response!:thmbup: This disc has sent me fully on the Gyro hype train. (I swear it holds any line.), so I'm glad I don't have to trunk/shelve it.

The ion was the disc that sent me along my Gyro path as well!

Don't care what any of these square finger bafoons say......the ion is the BEST throwing putter.

The ion was the disc that sent me along my Gyro path as well!

Don't care what any of these square finger bafoons say......the ion is the BEST throwing putter.

It kicked the Wizard out of my bag last season. I ADORE that curved inner plate. just releases so clean for me. A Soft Electron Proxy & R2 Ion is my new go to drive and touch/approach combo.

Liar.

Hit me up if you're in Denver and we can go head to head in a single disc round. You bring that Ion and I'll bring the real best throwing putter. (FYI, that's the Envy since you are apparently unaware.)

Sometime in the near future I am going to be holding open tryouts to see if the Entropy or the Jokeri can unseat the Pig for overstable putter duties. I like that the Entropy feels a lot like the Envy in my hand so we'll see how it goes.

Sometime in the near future I am going to be holding open tryouts to see if the Entropy or the Jokeri can unseat the Pig for overstable putter duties. I like that the Entropy feels a lot like the Envy in my hand so we'll see how it goes.

I just got an Entropy for funsies and it reminds me a ton of a Jokeri feel wise. Haven't gotten to throw it yet, but it looks very nice.

I just got an Entropy for funsies and it reminds me a ton of a Jokeri feel wise. Haven't gotten to throw it yet, but it looks very nice.

Just give it 5 stars now and it will be just like an Amazon review.

"Fast shipping, just what I needed, feels great. Feels comfortably stable. Total Awesomeness awesome disc....

Can't wait to throw it next week..."

Last edited:
Just give it 5 stars now and it will be just like an Amazon review.

"Fast shipping, just what I needed, feels great. Feels comfortably stable. Total Awesomeness awesome disc....

Can't wait to throw it next week..."

I'll do that…when I'm ready to stop caring about what I throw lol.

Haha I'm excited for you to toss it, I'm surprised you got a paradox first.. Very surprised. But stock is a factor. :D

Lol Paradox was a mystery box find but I'm glad I tried it. Felt like a gin guy trying a nice whiskey. I can respect it, but it will never be a go to.

It lives in a friends bag now, he really likes it.

Never thrown a Pig but the way folks talk about it, I think you'll find the Entropy to be more neutral. Really pleasant and stable but not a short range dive bomber.

Liar.

Hit me up if you're in Denver and we can go head to head in a single disc round. You bring that Ion and I'll bring the real best throwing putter. (FYI, that's the Envy since you are apparently unaware.)

Interviewing next week with a company in Greenwood Village. If things go as planned, I'm hoping to be in Denver for a week or so every month.

Will definitely ask for course recommendations if it goes through.

Never thrown a Pig but the way folks talk about it, I think you'll find the Entropy to be more neutral. Really pleasant and stable but not a short range dive bomber.

Well, the Pig in my main bag has been there since 2019 so I doubt it flies like a fresh one.

I really can't remember how the neutron Entropy flew for me years ago when I tried it but I was bagging Harps at the time and seem to recall that the flight was so similar that I just stuck with the Harp.

When time and weather allow, I'll probably take a Pig, and all three of the Entropy's out to the little pitch and putt by the house and see how they do.

I finally have some stock stamp Uplinks on the way!

Now I will feel comfortable really throwing them regularly in more situations, less worried about losing them.

Whatever high gloss sheen MVP has been putting on their recent neutron runs is really nice, gives it a really pleasant feel a la L64 Royal Grand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts