• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part V)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking forward to the tourney this July, everyone has to play with these 3 discs:

Atom
Echo (??? maybe S to OS mid)
Rhythm (??? maybe US to neutral fairway)

The Axiom Rhythm sounds interesting. I'm throwing Westside Underworlds in the understable 7 speed slot, and they are great. I'll grab a Rhythm for "research".

Rad. Where'd you find the #'s? I went off pdga dimensions and comparables. Echo is closest to Justice, Rhythm is close to Roadrunner, Sidewinder, Servo.

My local circuit challenge has the disc specs posted. Not sure if it's normal or not but on discgolf scene where I register it's there.

picture.php

Got into a waffle, locked myself out of my banking app, had to PayPal it. Tossed the guy an extra buck for the hassle. Had some drunk friends show up that the wife had to drive home. I was last guy to pay up at like 10pm last night (4hrs after everyone else)

Woke up to find out I will also be throwing a 159 fission reactor in the near future :D

Neutron soft uplink. Weird choice

Yeah they are pushing the heck out of a disc only newbs and older finesse players could love. That said I'm extremely happy about this :D

If it transfers the same way soft neutron did with other discs then it should be easy to turn over but should have a harder fade back. It's kinda sad as the fade breaks out of em.

Yeah they are pushing the heck out of a disc only newbs and older finesse players could love.

Respectfully I think I have to disagree on this point. I had a hex up until I recently lost it in a creek and while it's a nice disc and one I highly recommend it's just not one I had a place for in my bag. It is an incredible disc that can be thrown on a little hyzer to flip to flat, can be thrown flat for a tight S-flight, or thrown anyhyzer for a long flex or anny into the ground if needed. But to get that full anny flight it needs a good amount of power and some air under to get that anny to come all the way back to earth.

I also tried the paradox the minute it came out and that disc is flip city and then some. It's super fun and, to me, the paradox is that to get it to go far you can't really use full power. But in a tournament setting I would be afraid to throw that disc as it can really be hard to anticipate how it will land and if you are about to get a cut roller.

Enter the uplink. I'd always needed a good turnover mid because my forehand game is lacking but even if I had a good forehand I think there is still good use for this disc. The thing that distinguishes this disc, to me, is the late fade on a solid throw (for me about 75-80%). It just goes straight and then turns to the right. If I need it to flip sooner I can rip it 100% and it will flip sooner but maybe needs more height. Bottom line, maybe a pro could use the hex instead of an uplink but I think there are a good number of players between newb and older finesse who could seriously benefit from such a disc. I love it and will recommend only the uplink to people looking for a gyro understable mid.

As far as soft neutron? I sometimes wonder if the gyropalooza is already soft neutron. I haven't handled a stock Uplink all that much but in store they feel distinctly stiffer than the gyropalooza one I got. I really like the softness of the one I have.

Respectfully I think I have to disagree on this point.....

..... Bottom line, maybe a pro could use the hex instead of an uplink but I think there are a good number of players between newb and older finesse who could seriously benefit from such a disc. I love it and will recommend only the uplink to people looking for a gyro understable mid.

As far as soft neutron? I sometimes wonder if the gyropalooza is already soft neutron. I haven't handled a stock Uplink all that much but in store they feel distinctly stiffer than the gyropalooza one I got. I really like the softness of the one I have.

Hey man I love the uplink!! I just went and groped my SE 183g one. Feels about the same as the gyropalooza ones.. Really hoping the soft neutron gets that extra touch of fade. There's nothing like a freshish 179g one after 2/3 weeks where the turn is breaking in but it still has that beauty hookup. It's so noticeable when I throw my backup,

I think a lot of people would benefit from having an uplink, I also think they would benefit from having a comet and a leopard too, but that just doesn't happen :D

Look at the attention the reactor gets, or zones. With all these super speed and technologically superior discs compared to 20yrs ago or 30, it's a long way from a wham-o. I doubt if half the discers have even thrown one. There's a disc for every throw and internet, it's not like I only have 10 to choose from at the corner store.

Not many people will pick up an uplink and keep it¦ hopefully they throw it in the bag for turnovers and learn to love it for other things.

I guess what I'm saying is there's a lot of chuckers, I used to throw a force because nothing else could handle my raw power at 350' :D I've been there, now I say my paradox has a little fade.

Got one of those glow electron Envys, and I haven't gotten to throw it yet, but I was checking out the glow and it is awesome.

May glow better than my reactor.

Status
Not open for further replies.