• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part V)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I have been able to find so far says the new Axiom Rhythm is a 7 speed disc.

Is this a new core for MVP/Axiom or is the Rhythm built on the same core as the Crave (what has been called 6.5)?

picture.php

picture.php

So I know horizontal.. Crap.. :D but I gotta change a lawnmower belt and trim some brambles and stop procrastinating... check out the glow detail on the backpack :) it actually makes it easier to compare.

Zenith info from the newsletter. Looks like they listened to Wave fans?

...the Zenith is a control distance driver with flight numbers of 11 | 5 | -0.5 | 2. With a high power throw, the Zenith will exhibit just enough distance lengthening turn from a flat release before its confident fade kicks in — displaying the ideal flight pattern for a controlled distance drive.

Man I hope it's not a Defy. Hated that disc so much.

I have a pair that I'm still trying to figure out. Looking primarily at the -1/3 and -0.5/2 similarity. Threw a Photon briefly and didn't really get it. The above is mostly self-deprecation: I have an interest in any relatively neutral 11 that's not necessarily signed with my ability or inclination to use them on the course.

Zenith info from the newsletter. Looks like they listened to Wave fans?

Zenith at 11 | 5 | -0.5 | 2 sounds promising, I will probably give it a go.

But.

In the eternal quest for a stable-ish complement to the Wave, I am starting to think that a 9- or 10-speed driver might work better with my creaky old arm.

We shall see.

The zenith definitely looks like it could be what we've all been looking for...The photon has always been a little bit of an anomaly to me. the -1.5 and 2.5 fade in particular, I feel every bit of the 2.5 fade but experience almost none of the purported -1.5 turn. It's almost 11 5 0 3 for me at times. I am hoping this is resembles the volt but for distance throws.

They say they listened to James Conrad. Forget listening to regular fans. ;)

I am sure that means my Zenith will sit to the far left of my bag waiting for that two/three times a year when I need stability into the wind. We just rarely get direct into wind over 10 mph.

I could see the Zenith being a great FH driver for mediocre FH drivers like myself. Might be right up Matt's alley as a (far) more competent FH player, too, given his preference for the OS stuff. Not that this has a ton of fade, but the 0 turn (like the Terra) seems to be something James is after.

I could see the Zenith being a great FH driver for mediocre FH drivers like myself. Might be right up Matt's alley as a (far) more competent FH player, too, given his preference for the OS stuff. Not that this has a ton of fade, but the 0 turn (like the Terra) seems to be something James is after.

I might give it a whirl for that exact reason. I'm not a great fh thrower. All speed, no control. I was using a mayhem previous, and it was working well till I managed to crank it way over unintentionally into waist high swamp grass.

It'd be nice to have a more over stable complement to my waves too. Something I have a prayer of throwing bh. Unlike that mayhem. Too much disc for my bh.

Status
Not open for further replies.