• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine [shocks] are coming in the mail in the next hour or two and it's pretty windy out so I will get to test the stability right away. Also grabbed a N axis and a Zamp. Has anyone used the Amp as under stable utility disc? Is it under stable enough to throw anhyzers over trees and lines like that?

Last edited:
Somebody get Mr MVP in here because last year when I talked about how the two pieces were bonded via chemicals he was quick to point out how wrong I was :\
But there's no way I'm searching through thousands of pages of dozens of threads to find it.

Anyway carry on, this 3rd shifter is going to sleep :D

I don't think they are bonded with separate chemicals. Rather, it's a chemical bond between two similar polymers. Therefore, no adhesive necessary.

I don't think they are bonded with separate chemicals. Rather, it's a chemical bond between two similar polymers. Therefore, no adhesive necessary.

Most likely a solvent that loosens the molecular bonds allowing the two pieces' molecules to interweave, or something like that(I'm not a chemist.)

Bear in mind I provide ZJ with made-up information all the time.

It's just a matter of time until a bunch of wishlist items get tackled. Players have 3 drivers now at the start of Feb'13... few people saw this reality a few months ago when the Volt's impending release was the topic.

The timing and exact order of developments is just gonna be a lottery we all get to play .... :hfive: or :wall: or :clap: or :\ but eventually a majority :D

Exactly

I heard the ohm just came out in it. :popcorn:
ohmno.gif

Thank You steve a for the rare opportunity to reuse this image.

I'm shifting gears a little here from the future conjecture to a more specific question.

There's a tread live right now where somebody was asking if people have had issues with the Pure and rollaways on missed putts.

I was wondering if anyone has had any issues with this putting with Ions or Anodes? I've been putting Ions for awhile now, and I really like them, but I've noticed that they seem really eager to stand up and roll off a missed putt.

It may be that I'm just getting better, and barely missing more longer putts, drawing metal, which causes rollaways the most often.

Anyone else notice any strong urges to roll from your Ions or Anodes?

I'm shifting gears a little here from the future conjecture to a more specific question.

There's a tread live right now where somebody was asking if people have had issues with the Pure and rollaways on missed putts.

I was wondering if anyone has had any issues with this putting with Ions or Anodes? I've been putting Ions for awhile now, and I really like them, but I've noticed that they seem really eager to stand up and roll off a missed putt.

It may be that I'm just getting better, and barely missing more longer putts, drawing metal, which causes rollaways the most often.

had more issues with the GRIP pure than any other. Anode is my main putter after only using a pure for most of my DG playing life and hardly every experience any rolls but also is only 170 vs 175 which seems to make a difference as the heavier discs stand up and continue rolling much easier than a lighter one.

In a word? No. I drive with Pures but use an Anode as my main putter. I have a stack of Ions, but none of those are quite as hungry for chains as the Anode is. I would expect an Ion to have more rollaway potential on missed putts due to the stability though...

My N Ions roll quite a bit. But, so did my KC Aviars. Really it just means I have to putt better. The disc is round, it's gonna roll if it hits a certain way.

Unless you want to putt with floppy discs like Gumputts, and Vibram Soft, any missed putt has the potential to roll.

Yeah, depending on how fast/slow/slope the greens are. I recently played 6 different courses in Austin TX area last October and man there are some very fast greens which are roll-happy. Here in Florida, some holes have lot of sand around so talking about very slow greens. I normally putt with Anode but I do have soft Vibram just in case esp the rocky/slopey fast greens.

Are you using soft or medium?

I've had medium Ions in the bag for about a year. I just picked up a soft anode, because I prefer a bit less dump in my putting putters. Hopefully the Anode will be as great as the Ions, and maybe a softer one will be a bit more forgiving on these brutal greens we have around town.

I've had medium Ions in the bag for about a year. I just picked up a soft anode, because I prefer a bit less dump in my putting putters. Hopefully the Anode will be as great as the Ions, and maybe a softer one will be a bit more forgiving on these brutal greens we have around town.

The more I'm thinking about this, the more i'm of the suspicion that my roll away issues are more a function of my improvement, and going after longer putts, where i used to always lay up; and that on longer runs I'm drawing metal more rather than blowing wildly by....

I dunno. I've taken to throwing upshots much more with the Ion as well, but I don't like throwing it into sloped/elevated greens, and still go to the R-Pro Aviar for those.

I'm not looking to change here, I was just wondering if it was in my head or not!

It is definitely true for me that the better I get putting with the Ion, the more I go for it, the more I get roll aways. I now use a soft Vibram Summit when I want extra understable putts or when I want to lay up on a down slope. That helps a bit for those specific situations, but in the long run I want to just be so confident I know I'll hit the chains with my Ion!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts