• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for sharing this little tid-bit of MVP manufacturing. I figured the cores were different weights and the overmold was constant. But, it's the other way around.

Now, here's the question. Have they run a light core?

For example:

Would an utra-light core on a Vector with a normal weight overmold produce a disc that flies anything like a Vector should? Perhaps not. What if, by way of making an ultra-light core, they essentially produce a new disc?

Maybe we could see 150 class mids and drivers, with known flight differences, BUT with the same consistency MVP is known for, in their respective weight classes.

Or maybe...they've already thought of all this and it's on the drawing board?

One can only dream.

The future for MVP is extremely bright and the possibilities are endless.. they have the best molding machines in the business and care about what the community wants.

A low-weight line of discs would be cool to see, they would have to be new discs though, in my opinion.

So for those of you who wanted to know. The MVP Neutron Ion SOFTs are great. In fact I contacted MVP and there are no current plans to release these atm as they are "working on new stuff." So whatever Dynamic Discs have left is all you are getting. I ordered 3 more. Will possibly be ordering a few more. I was able to throw my 175g around 240-250 with no issues. They feel way better than my proton soft.

So for those of you who wanted to know. The MVP Neutron Ion SOFTs are great. In fact I contacted MVP and there are no current plans to release these atm as they are "working on new stuff." So whatever Dynamic Discs have left is all you are getting. I ordered 3 more. Will possibly be ordering a few more. I was able to throw my 175g around 240-250 with no issues. They feel way better than my proton soft.

I felt a neutron soft Ion this week, and didn't have a reason to buy it even though it was cheap. To me, the difference between proton and neutron (softs included) is just the looks, they feel exactly the same. My neutron Anode flies just like proton too, so I don't see a reason to have both.

I'm glad I didn't buy a neutron soft online like I thought about doing. I would have been mildly disappointed.

Damn, the soft proton Ions are my *money* putter. I contacted MVP directly to order a grip and they told me DD was the only place to get 'em now.

Someday MVP could come up with jr version of Axis etc (i.e. smaller diameter) to achieve lighter discs in 150 to 165 range having similar flight characteristic. Similar to Lat64 with their Diamond.

That would seem like the most logical solution. Can't really make the inner plate any thinner or it may not hold up to wear n tear as well. Don't want to remove to much weight from the outer ring as it may affect the gyro technology.

So it would appear the easiest way to reduce weight is to reduce overall size of the disc. But then I would assume it would require a new mold as well, being a smaller diameter. Financially this may not be the best option either.

Maybe lightweight MVP's are only a dream, who knows. :confused:

I felt a neutron soft Ion this week, and didn't have a reason to buy it even though it was cheap. To me, the difference between proton and neutron (softs included) is just the looks, they feel exactly the same. My neutron Anode flies just like proton too, so I don't see a reason to have both.

I'm glad I didn't buy a neutron soft online like I thought about doing. I would have been mildly disappointed.

I have a soft proton ion and the soft neutron. They both are grippy. Played a wet round and the neutron got substantially grippier IMO. That's fine if you don't buy any :p gives me a chance to buy more!

So I finally threw the Ion for a whole round yesterday, using it for putts and every throw I would normally throw my Wizard with and.. WOW. I drank the Kool-Aid, and it tastes sooo good :)

Question:
What are the differences in flight(if any)between a 1st run Axis and Vector and the current runs of them? I am sure the answer is in this thread somewhere but I don't feel like sifting through it all to find it. Thanks in advance!

Question:
What are the differences in flight(if any)between a 1st run Axis and Vector and the current runs of them? I am sure the answer is in this thread somewhere but I don't feel like sifting through it all to find it. Thanks in advance!

There were two sought after FR Axes, the super flat green ones, and the domey Pink ones. The green ones flew a touch understable where the domey ones flew a touch more stable. You can still find both super flat and domey ones.

FR Vectors, for the most part, flew way more OS than the Vectors we have today. FRs flew closer to a drone (not quite as OS) whereas the new ones we have fly more like a Roc.

Hey, I have 2 2nd run MVP proton(opaque) textured-bottom ions. Because I want to keep these in mint condish, I don't wanna throw them but out of curiosity I was wondering if anyone knew if their flight characteristics are any different from regular proton or current neutron ion runs? I've been using MVP for about a year now and have had no problems but if I understand correctly they had some consistency issues early on. Anyways, does anyone know about these disc's flightpaths compared to regular proton/current neutron?

2nd runs are more along the lines of -1/1 regarding to stability, whereas the new runs of both P and N are 0/2.

Alright thanks man. I putt with anodes so I may take one of these 2nd run ions and putt with it as another neutral putter just with a different grip. That's if I can even convince myself to use one.

I need opinions. I didn't want to start another thread, so here it is: Escape Vs Volt. I just got a blue 174 and a white 175 Volt. The white flies slightly understable, and the blue flies like a Eagle X. The problem is that my Escape flies like my blue volt. Pros of the volt for me are its long, glides good and comfy in the hand. Pros of the Escape are the plastic (most of my bag is latitude stuff), glide, long, comfy etc. Discuss?

I throw the volt 350' max and it doesn't turn but a slight notch and have owned 3. I only own two now but they're both stable after 2 months. I'd say get another volt and try to throw it on some hyzer lines. Besides gold line, nothing beats MVP Neutron for me comfort-wise.

Hey, I have 2 2nd run MVP proton(opaque) textured-bottom ions. Because I want to keep these in mint condish, I don't wanna throw them but out of curiosity I was wondering if anyone knew if their flight characteristics are any different from regular proton or current neutron ion runs?

I don't know if the price is right (probably not, as DGC tends to mark stuff way up) but DGC has a handful of these in stock right now.

http://www.discgolfcenter.com/main_displayProduct.php?p=708

I need opinions. I didn't want to start another thread, so here it is: Escape Vs Volt. I just got a blue 174 and a white 175 Volt. The white flies slightly understable, and the blue flies like a Eagle X. The problem is that my Escape flies like my blue volt. Pros of the volt for me are its long, glides good and comfy in the hand. Pros of the Escape are the plastic (most of my bag is latitude stuff), glide, long, comfy etc. Discuss?

Basically, they are interchangable? I've been debating on which one I should get.

Escape Vs Volt. I just got a blue 174 and a white 175 Volt. The white flies slightly understable, and the blue flies like a Eagle X. The problem is that my Escape flies like my blue volt. Pros of the volt for me are its long, glides good and comfy in the hand. Pros of the Escape are the plastic (most of my bag is latitude stuff), glide, long, comfy etc. Discuss?

I've never thrown an Escape but I can comment on the Volt. Generally they turn more and don't fade as hard as a new Eagle-X. If you got one that's relatively beefy, it may be hard to replace (although the Shock is an option).

Seeming the only thing separating them is that you prefer the plastic from DD. The Volt feels funky in my hand and didn't blow me away with it's glide, distance, or line shaping characteristics so I pulled it in favor of my old favorites.

There were two sought after FR Axes, the super flat green ones, and the domey Pink ones. The green ones flew a touch understable where the domey ones flew a touch more stable. You can still find both super flat and domey ones.

FR Vectors, for the most part, flew way more OS than the Vectors we have today. FRs flew closer to a drone (not quite as OS) whereas the new ones we have fly more like a Roc.

Good answer. Only thing I wanted to add is if you ever have an Axis or Vector that is flatter than you want, or its gotten beat in some, you can use boiling water to add dome and overstability.

I had a few eclipse Vectors get concave from sitting in my car with stuff on top of them. Boiled some water and poured it in the upside down discs while they sat on a bowl, then weighed down the center. My once flat eclipse Vectors were now closer to the super domey FR Vectors and gained some additional high and low speed overstability.

I've done it a few times since with good success. Actually have a Volt that got a messed up flight plate that I'm going to experiment with soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.